The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

45 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

What are the odds on WWE bringing him back in at the performance centre? You'd imagine him being given the chop was them, and probably Trips, going 'ok, lie low for a bit until everyone forgets about it'.

He's a producer with AEW now so I'd imagine he'll be under some sort of contract

That crowd.

That fucking crowd.

Stone Cold could have returned and hit a stunner on a naked Renee Young and you’d have still heard a phone ring in the back row.

Almost felt like all those NXT debuts were wasted, as the matches had all the heat of one those ‘Bottom Line’ matches or whatever.

• Paid Members

On any other night the headline would be those NXT call-ups. It couldn't be more obvious that at some point in the past week or so Vince stumbled across Half-Time Heat and suddenly realised what a pile of shit he'd originally called up in December. Absolutely fascinating that he's essentially gutted the top of the NXT roster. Even more interesting that he did so now, in front of the quietest crowd in years, rather than saving them for the night after Wrestlemania. And yet, that news paled in comparison to Bayley and Sasha absolutely dying out there. Fucking hell. That was genuinely tough to watch. What a car crash. Like two haunted shells of their former selves. What a pair of wrecks they've become. The gulf between the top women in this company and all the other women has never been wider.

Still though. Think of the real loser here.

image.png.93c97ed420b0dfa1e904d2fcd352f79f.png

How long until they all lose their surnames and we're left with Aleister, Johnny and Tommaso?

Edited by Supremo

My main issue will always be just throwing these guys out there with absolutely no introduction under the assumption people know who they are.

Agreed that the crowd were absolutely terrible for everything but I really hope if the four are permanent main roster fixtures now that they get some character development and vignettes etc. Not just "Ooh shiny new NXT guys".

Solid show overall anyway. And the NXT talent all put in good performances.

21 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I only watched on highlights so might have missed something but was there any reason why Drew/Lashley didn't come out to help Corbin in the Tables match?

Or is it just that they couldn't be arsed carrying that stuff on from the night before?

Yup. They made Strowman look weak only to have him beat Corbin in a Tables match where McIntyre and Lashley were nowhere to be seen. Made the whole ending to the match at EC beyond pointless.

• Paid Members

Sounds like an incredibly lazy RAW. I'm glad Ruby got a longer match with Ronda, but why not on the PPV? Why would it make sense for her to get a rematch on RAW after being squashed the previous night, and why would she do better if she's working hurt from the previous night?

As for DX going into the Hall of Fame, I'm kind of off on it. It feels like a way to get the plaudits for putting Chyna in without having to actually dedicate time to her. Triple H going in while still a semi-active competitor and while one of the heads of the company isn't a great look. The Outlaws, Chyna and X-Pac all arguably deserved inductions on their own, so there's no real need to put them in together. Chyna going in at the same time as Triple H (and, arguably, X-Pac) feels a bit skeezy.

I think the whole "two-time Hall of Famer" thing dilutes what's already a pretty shaky foundation (holy mixed metaphors, Batman) for the Hall of Fame, and going within a single class from Flair being the only one to looking like Shawn, Bret and Jimmy Hart will all be two-timers is a bit much.

I do think WWE inducting Billy Gunn while he's under contract to AEW goes some way to putting the bed the notion that they're running scared of that company, though.

• Paid Members

To their credit, the story they told was that Ruby was more successful on Raw because she had her mates interfering, whereas at the PPV she was on her own because the other two were busy recovering from the Chamber match.

Can you even imagine how big of a gulp Vince made when Ronda hit that scary looking cross-body to the outside?! For a split second it looked like his Wrestlemania Main Event was completely fucked.

Has there ever been a bigger discrepancy in someone's gear in the space of 24 hours? At the PPV Ronda looked a million dollars. On Raw she looked like she was going the gym on wash day.

2 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Can't see it being a full call up with 2 of them holding 2 of the major NXT Belts. 

I thought that but Kevin Owens came up with the NXT belt.

Also having The Women’s Tag Titles being defended on NXT makes me think they thought “fuck the only legit good team we have is Io and Kairi” 

Theres your new champs for sure.