The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Are they slowly turning Rousey heel? It did seem that way with the mini-promo after the Liv Tyler squash, unless it was unscripted and emotion got the better of her.

Also, the amount of time she has to pull her shorts out of her Jack n Annie is really distracting...

• Paid Members

The year is 1999, Shane McMahon holds a title in his father's wrestling company and consistently goes to great lengths to break his body doing stupid stunts. 

Stephanie is belittling the women's division as someone with no actual training attempting to command fear all the while being on TV considerably more as each month passes.

Vince's direction for the company appears to be recreating the golden days of yesteryear by rehashing old character concepts and working with the adage that if it isn't broke don't fix it.

44 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Also, the amount of time she has to pull her shorts out of her Jack n Annie is really distracting...

This! Surely someone from management has had a word? Her shorts obviously don’t fit her so why she insists on wearing them is beyond me.

If you have to pick a yard of spandex out your crack after every move you surely forfeit the right to call yourself the baddest woman on the planet. 

The only way to redeem this is to let it become her straps down super mode. 

“The wedgie is out the wedgie is out, Ronda Rousey is about to snap”  

3 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

This! Surely someone from management has had a word? Her shorts obviously don’t fit her so why she insists on wearing them is beyond me.

If you have to pick a yard of spandex out your crack after every move you surely forfeit the right to call yourself the baddest woman on the planet. 

The only way to redeem this is to let it become her straps down super mode. 

“The wedgie is out the wedgie is out, Ronda Rousey is about to snap”  

She used to do it in the UFC too. Its like a nervous tick for her. She did say in an interview that she was so terrified of getting a camel toe in a UFC main event with all those cameras on her, she couldn't stop messing with her shorts since.

• Paid Members

Ruby Riott vs. Ronda announced for Elimination Chamber. Good for Ruby. For the longest time she's been one of the most solid females on the roster. I bet they'll have a really good match.

Becky invited to Raw again by the McMahon family. I wonder if she'll hit Vince with a Stunner.

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Ruby Riott vs. Ronda announced for Elimination Chamber. Good for Ruby. For the longest time she's been one of the most solid females on the roster. I bet they'll have a really good match.

Becky invited to Raw again by the McMahon family. I wonder if she'll hit Vince with a Stunner.

Could you imagine if she head butted him?

• Paid Members

F5A80B69-E8C3-4E8D-9378-0471372BC1F3.thumb.jpeg.ab4701a874acdc0880b67bb796d089f2.jpeg

I know she's probably a bit busy at the moment, but one day, maybe when she's retired, they should send Becky to NXT to teach everyone how to best use Twitter. She is the BEST.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

And there it is. The Shane-beats-up-Orton moment. You knew it was coming. You knew Vince would fuck it up. You knew he didn't understand what he had. Becky has been single-handedly saving this entire company from having the coldest, shittest Wrestlemania season in years and despite it being the easiest story in the world, with the simplest, most clear-cut characters to write, he still managed to completely balls it up. I'm not even talking about bringing out Charlotte. I'd come to accept their (wildly wrong) insistence on shoehorning her into the match. I'm talking about the moment when the top babyface, the anti-authority badass, was told to say sorry like she was a child and she actually fucking did it. Unbelievable.

The moment they made it clear that the, "Will she apologise?" cliffhanger was going to last the whole show, it seemed obvious where they were going. Becky fucking Lynch, strutting around as this brilliant amalgamation of 1998 Stone Cold Steve Austin and 2016 Conor McGregor? They were only ever going to get one apology out of her.....

Fuck yeah. All show I had visions of her apologising TO ABSOLUTELY NOBODY, punching both Steph and Hunter, before storming out through the crowd. Maybe she even breaks Steph's arm and is chased out by police or something, grinning back from the stands like when she invaded Raw. I foresaw episodes of Smackdown and Raw in the upcoming weeks where the McMahons eventually have to reluctantly admit that they need Becky more than she needs them. The suspensions, the belittling, it all comes back to bite them on the arse. She's the star. She's the main event. She's The Man. They need her so they're willing to hash out a deal to get her back and into the match at Wrestlemania.

Maybe Ronda demands they reinstate her or she's not wrestling at the show either. Maybe the whole roster threatens to walk out like when they fired Mankind at the end of 1999. Hell, maybe Becky only returns when they're willing to say they're sorry to her. You know, make these people into stars! But no. She just says she's sorry like a fucking chump. And then didn't even get the match anyway! Ha Ha! Grovel for something and then you still get fucked over! What a loser! Sure, she'll get back in the match, making it a Triple Threat. Sure, she'll probably win at Wrestlemania. Doesn't matter now. It's over. The lightning is out of the bottle. They were already tiptoeing that fine line with her, where you could never really tell if they understood what she was or how they'd fluked into it. There was always that doubt between what they presented on TV and what was hitting home runs on social media. That confusion about whether the writers had nailed this character as much as she clearly had. This solidified that they're fucking clueless and have been this whole time. Imagine Stone Cold saying sorry like that. Or The Rock. Or any successful top babyface, for that matter. It's beyond comprehension. I don't even think they'd have let Roman Reigns do it and his character is an all-time mess.

The rest of the show had a few hits though. Seth's promo was excellent and the Tag Title change was really good, coming after what felt like the first time in a long time that a Raw tag match actually went beyond second gear. That Chad Gable lad's quite good, isn't he? I'm still none the wiser as to why they waited months before putting the belts on The Revival though, doing that weird tweener thing where they kept losing unfairly. In retrospect, what was the point of any of that, other than to fill time?

And speaking of filling time, that deal involving Strowman, Angle, Finn, Corbin, Lashley and Drew was the worst example of time filling I've ever seen on a pro-wrestling TV show. Fuck me that went on forever. Starts off as Finn vs. Drew, goes ages, then everyone runs in. Then we end up with the inevitable Teddy-Long-Tag-Team-Match-Playa, they go for about another twenty minutes and then they do a a dusty finish, resulting in a restart? In a match with literally no stakes? To go even longer?! Jesus Christ. Think of the stuff they could've aired instead of this never ending match? A couple of character vignettes? A few squash matches? Something shot on location somewhere? This was the absolute definition of lazy writing.

On the subject of lazy writing, imagine them coming up with the Elias segment.

"All we ever do is have him get interrupted every week. We need to get creative guys! Come up with something fresh!"

"Interrupt him...multiple times?"

"Genius."

LOL at EC3. He couldn't even go a single week without giving Dean his heat back, losing clean. It's like they realised in the space of a week that he's the drizzling shits. Even Nia Jax was allowed to get one over on Dean without having to reciprocate in any way. And yet this useless, over-tanned lump has to trade back to the guy with one foot out of the door. Hilarious. Imagine being an even shitter version of Bobby Lashley. Fuck off, EC3.

So yeah. What a shame. A show that was being completely carried by its one shining light and they're too stupid to even realise they've extinguished it.

image.png.f6c254a9747fc84940e9e96be373d1a9.png

Edited by Supremo