The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

The thing that really cracks me up is him saying Kofi Kingston doesn't belong on TV, this the same Kofi who has been a regular on WWE programming since the ECW revival in 2006/07, a full decade give or take, when he could have easily bombed in his early days with the Jamaican gimmick. A guy who is both great in the ring and has charisma on the mic when fired up, as shown in his feud with Orton back in 09, doesn't belong on TV but in this loons eyes someone like a Kane or Big Show does because they look like a wrestler to the casual. Fuck that, I've suffered 26 years of watching lumbering shitehawks on my TV in the hope of seeing a Bret Hart match or a Shawn Michaels match, actual wrestlers who kept me entertained and coming back for more the same way the likes of Kofi, Sami Zayn, Nakamura, AJ Styles, KO etc do in the modern era

I hardly ever post here but I've been reading these boards for years. The reason I continue coming here is because, unlike a lot of wrestling sites, the people that post here regularly actually seem capable of understanding that people can have different opinions on todays product.

Scotswizard. I don't care if you think everyone today is crap compared to past generations. You're entitled to your opinion and are free to switch WWE off and wait for Psycho Sid to return and usher in a new golden age.

The thing I can't stand though is your absolute commitment to trying to get everyone to agree with you. Why do you even care? Yes, yes I know. Its a discussion forum you should be able to voice your thoughts but are you not tired of spouting the same nonsense on an almost daily basis?

I got my flatmates to watch Wrestlemania 31 with me and they both fell in love with it, even after being sceptical in the past. One is female and one is a gay guy and their favourite wrestlers are Kevin Owens and Finn Balor. So please stop telling people how 'casuals' see the product or how our friends and family will react. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about!

I know the numpty is probably just trolling but I've hit a point and had to say something. To everyone else, thanks for giving me some excellent daily reading.

Edited by Brudaker

• Moderators

He's right. My opinion doesn't matter. I don't pay for Sky or cable. I don't pay any money to Sky Sports. WWE has no idea if I watch or not.

The WWE in the past year in America has lost over a million viewers. That's a million people that no longer watch and there is no doubt in my mind that the reason for this is the constant focus on wrestlers from NXT like Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Neville aswell as regulars like Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Bo Dallas, Sin Cara that simply do not look or act believable. They don't look the part. They don't belong on a wrestling show and that's why they no longer watch. They are the casual fans. The mass audience. Their opinion matters. Mine doesn't.

I'm only standing back from the sidelines and saying what I see. That's what I see and I would put it to the test any day of the week. I would gladly show a family member or a friend that doesn't watch an episode of Raw and I would guarantee that everytime one of those wrestlers appeared on screen a comment would be made. No doubt about it.

Help M'Boab. Have a fortnight in the But n Ben with Oor Wullie, Paw Broon, and the gang.

I hardly ever post here but I've been reading these boards for years. The reason I continue coming here is because, unlike a lot of wrestling sites, the people that post here regularly actually seem capable of understanding that people can have different opinions on todays product.

Scotswizard. I don't care if you think everyone today is crap compared to past generations. You're entitled to your opinion and are free to switch WWE off and wait for Psycho Sid to return and usher in a new golden age.

The thing I can't stand though is your absolute commitment to trying to get everyone to agree with you. Why do you even care? Yes, yes I know. Its a discussion forum you should be able to voice your thoughts but are you not tired of spouting the same nonsense on an almost daily basis?

I got my flatmates to watch Wrestlemania 31 with me and they both fell in love with it, even after being sceptical in the past. One is female and one is a gay guy and their favourite wrestlers are Kevin Owens and Finn Balor. So please stop telling people how 'casuals' see the product or how our friends and family will react. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about!

I know the numpty is probably just trolling but I've hit a point and had to say something. To everyone else, thanks for giving me some excellent daily reading.

I think I speak on behalf of everyone here by saying thanks for logging in and joining in on the discussion, it's good to have you here and hopefully you join us more often.

Regarding your reply. You must be joking. These people here are capable of having different opinions on today's product? They nearly shit the bed when I said Kevin Owens looked like  a regular taking his kids to school in the morning. Sami Zayn too. They're accepting of different opinions? All I've done is give opinions and at at every turn it's met with anger and rage.

The thing that really cracks me up is him saying Kofi Kingston doesn't belong on TV, this the same Kofi who has been a regular on WWE programming since the ECW revival in 2006/07, a full decade give or take, when he could have easily bombed in his early days with the Jamaican gimmick. A guy who is both great in the ring and has charisma on the mic when fired up, as shown in his feud with Orton back in 09, doesn't belong on TV but in this loons eyes someone like a Kane or Big Show does because they look like a wrestler to the casual. Fuck that, I've suffered 26 years of watching lumbering shitehawks on my TV in the hope of seeing a Bret Hart match or a Shawn Michaels match, actual wrestlers who kept me entertained and coming back for more the same way the likes of Kofi, Sami Zayn, Nakamura, AJ Styles, KO etc do in the modern era

Kofi is shite in fairness. For about a month, nearly a decade ago, it looked like he might have something other than gymnastic skills. But whatever that was it faded fairly quickly. Another Ziggler pretty much.

These days he's just less annoying than Big E and the god awful nerdy trumpet fella.

Kofi Kingston can't even throw a punch. I remember years ago at a show in Glasgow he done that thing where they do the 10 punches in the corner and everyone couldn't believe. He wasn't even touching them. It was hilarious, he couldn't even try and make it look like he was punching, just hitting air and his own forearm on occasion. Then he does this other thing where he wiggles about and jumps in the air and I guess he's meant to hurt the opponents belly with his feet. Even just the way he moves around the ring. It's acrobatics. it's not wrestling. You couldn't sit there and honestly suspend your disbelief. When you see it in real life it's even worse.

That right there is the difference between a pro and someone who just doesn't get it. And I'm no fan of the 10 punches in the corner. It's right up there with wrestlers getting distracted with entrance music and bending over slowly and staying bent over for 5 seconds while the other wrestler swings a chair and hits them on the back. It's stuff that should have been done away with 30 years ago. It's so hokey looking.

What do you get out of this? You don't like it but spend so much time banging on about it. Find a different hobby, watch old wrestling that you could put on in front of a casual and they'd definitely not find any cringey moments, or watch another present day promotion more to your tastes.

You're wasting your time posting this over and over though.

So does Scotswizard want big muscly ''Warlord'' looking fuckers on the show cos they look legit? I dont read all his posts but is that kinda the jist?

Has he/you considered maybe those type of guys don't exist anymore, how many monster guys like that are around these days with the crackdown on steroids and stuff like that and/or maybe they were never wrestling fans so have no interest in doing it and became bodybuilders or actors of fuck all just big ass guys.

Another thing is you can see alot of decent build guys walking down the highstreet, fitness is popular these days so alot of people look as good or better than on all tv shows not just wrestling.

Edited by The Cutting Edge

I think I speak on behalf of everyone here by saying thanks for logging in and joining in on the discussion, it's good to have you here and hopefully you join us more often.

:laugh:

Kofi Kingston can't even throw a punch. I remember years ago at a show in Glasgow he done that thing where they do the 10 punches in the corner and everyone couldn't believe. He wasn't even touching them. It was hilarious, he couldn't even try and make it look like he was punching, just hitting air and his own forearm on occasion. Then he does this other thing where he wiggles about and jumps in the air and I guess he's meant to hurt the opponents belly with his feet. Even just the way he moves around the ring. It's acrobatics. it's not wrestling. You couldn't sit there and honestly suspend your disbelief. When you see it in real life it's even worse.

That right there is the difference between a pro and someone who just doesn't get it. And I'm no fan of the 10 punches in the corner. It's right up there with wrestlers getting distracted with entrance music and bending over slowly and staying bent over for 5 seconds while the other wrestler swings a chair and hits them on the back. It's stuff that should have been done away with 30 years ago. It's so hokey looking.

Are there any wrestlers on the current WWE roster that you do like?

From the above post I would guess you like Brock Lesnar. I would guess you especially liked his match with Orton last year, where he split Orton's head open because he used a real elbow to Orton's head to make it look real, rather than the fake punches/elbows/kicks/moves everyone else in wrestling uses.