The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

You know what....fair play to Kevin Owens, he's doing something that 99% of us will never get chance to, and in my opinion he's bloody good at it. Sure he's out of shape when it comes to some of the others on the roster, but that doesnt give you carte blanche to have a go at the guy.

His act is slightly different in WWE to what it has been previously, but personally I think saying he can't wrestle, has no place on TV is really harsh. He has had some cracking matches in the past with the likes of Zayn and Rollins in ROH, and now he is living his dream and supporting his family at the same time.

Also "fat" men in wrestling is not a new thing...have you hated all of them? Foley for example, who helped re-introduce the product to the mainstream in the 90's.

I've been watching wrestling for pretty much 30 years, and yes its different now, when I was a youngster I looked up in awe and Hogan, Savage, Warrior, LOD etc, and its the same look that I see in my kids eyes now when they see Lesnar, Brock, Stroman, but saying that the smaller guys never used to exist is a stretch, Shawn Michaels has always had a pretty "normal" physique, and saying that the casual fan doesn't relate to him is madness.

Edited by stevestryka

You know what....fair play to Kevin Owens, he's doing something that 99% of us will never get chance to, and in my opinion he's bloody good at it. Sure he's out of shape when it comes to some of the others on the roster, but that doesnt give you carte blanche to have a go at the guy.

His act is slightly different in WWE to what it has been previously, but personally I think saying he can't wrestle, has no place on TV is really harsh. He has had some cracking matches in the past with the likes of Zayn and Rollins in ROH, and now he is living his dream and supporting his family at the same time.

Also "fat" men in wrestling is not a new thing...have you hated all of them? Foley for example, who helped re-introduce the product to the mainstream in the 90's.

I've been watching wrestling for pretty much 30 years, and yes its different now, when I was a youngster I looked up in awe and Hogan, Savage, Warrior, LOD etc, and its the same look that I see in my kids eyes now when they see Lesnar, Brock, Stroman, but saying that the smaller guys never used to exist is a stretch, Shawn Michaels has always had a pretty "normal" physique, and saying that the casual fan doesn't relate to him is madness.

Foley was a quite likeable person, wrestled a style suited to his body type and was fantastic at character and mic stuff. Owens looks like a bag of wet shite, wrestles like a blubbery babyface cruiserweight and isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is on the mic.

As for not having carte blanche to have a go at him, it's a forum ffs. If everyone toed your line of "yeah, he's a fat, smelly bastard but he's living his dream so leave him alone" shite, it would be a very boring place.

Owens is just the fattest symptom of the problems with WWE heels. You could accuse Rollins or Styles or even Sheamus of the same thing. That's really the fault of the higher-ups. Everyone's got to sell merch and that means the heels have to be popular which, in the producer's eyes, means cheers.

When he first turned up in NXT, he was brawling and doing his Fatman cannonballs and he was ace. Now, he's one of the main roster pack chasing snowflakes.

For what it's worth, I think Zayn looks more of a state in that photo.

• Paid Members

Is Scotswizard the user formally know. As Lemon Piss? Or dangerously420?

No, he's crazyshady.

What happened to old Tommy incidentally? Not still announcing for local promotions surely?

Hold on a minute. A couple of weeks back Scotswizard wanted wrestling to be filled with fit birds with big tits. Now he's doing a 180 and would rather have big tanned muscle men who don't do dives, but instead employ a more mat/grappling based technique, because WRASSLIN'!

Make up your mind, lad.

• Paid Members

Same old judging by his Twitter. The odd MC gig and banging on about Brew Dog beer loads.

Some guy. The thread on here about his missus was absolutely brutal.

Not seen him about the usual haunts for a while.

Hold on a minute. A couple of weeks back Scotswizard wanted wrestling to be filled with fit birds with big tits. Now he's doing a 180 and would rather have big tanned muscle men who don't do dives, but instead employ a more mat/grappling based technique, because WRASSLIN'!

Make up your mind, lad.

You have to treat each of his posts as separate entities all together.

If you don't you'll find that he wants realistic over the top characters on a show that is both written in advance by TV people but also booked on the fly to take into consideration the opinions of wrestling fans who's opinion doesn't matter.

He doesn't want fat people wrestling but a return to the good old days of earthquake, tugboat and dusty whilst he's also fed up of seeing skinny kids and longs for another Shawn or Flair.

Only super attractive women are allowed on TV because real people only want to watch Major Gunns and not Becky Lynch who you can find in any supermarket.