Look who's back in da fold ...

IANdrewDiceClay

Hold on. Was there ever a Warrior v Ahmed Johnson match? That I gotta see, you would think the wrestling world would implode the minute those two locked up.

I'd be curious to see Warrior v Vader if that also happened.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, no Warrior/Johnson match. Believe it or not, Warrior was actually squashing Vader in sub-minute matches on the house show circuit in 96. There are clips on YouTube, I believe. There's also a rare Warrior/Flair fan cam from 92 knocking about also.

For those particularly, erm, interested in Warrior's attire, I've got a DVD of Warrior VS Ulf Herman from the CWA in Germany 1995 where he's wearing long white tights. Not a bad match - Warrior even takes a somersault from the apron to the outside. I'll have to find the time to stick it on YouTube at some point (if it's not there already!)

• Paid Members
Hold on. Was there ever a Warrior v Ahmed Johnson match? That I gotta see, you would think the wrestling world would implode the minute those two locked up.

I'd be curious to see Warrior v Vader if that also happened.

55_STAR_04301996_0027.jpg

Yeah, no doubt we'd have got Warrior vs Vader and Warrior vs Bulldog at some point in 1996 if he'd stuck around. It would have made sense with him aligning with Shawn Michaels and Ahmed Johnson to fight off Camp Cornette to close KOTR '96. As it ended up being Warrior's replacement Sid vs Bulldog at SummerSlam, maybe Warrior vs Bulldog would have happened then.

I think Warrior vs Owen Hart was his last televised WWF match wasn't it?

Aye, I think you're right actually. It was pretty enjoyable.

I know almost everyone hated that '96 run, and it's not like there's a lot of highlight reel material from it, but it was still same old Warrior to me, and there was endless opportunities for some cool, cool shit if he'd stayed. Warrior v Mankind, vs Stone Cold, v Yoko if he hadn't turned (that's on my late 92/early 93 list!), in addition to all of Camp Cornette. There was even a month long window to get Warrior v Diesel!

I think we could also have had another Warrior/Owen match if they hadn't stopped putting those bonus dark matches on at the end of the IYH videos.

• Paid Members
I think we could also have had another Warrior/Owen match if they hadn't stopped putting those bonus dark matches on at the end of the IYH videos.

When did they stop putting them on the IYH releases?

I always wanted to see that Shawn Michaels vs Goldust dark match from the IYH: Buried Alive card. I think it was filmed because I remember WWF used clips of it during Shawn's hype videos for other matches. I remember Dustin on his RF shoot saying it was one of his favourite matches.

When did they stop putting them on the IYH releases?

I always wanted to see that Shawn Michaels vs Goldust dark match from the IYH: Buried Alive card. I think it was filmed because I remember WWF used clips of it during Shawn's hype videos for other matches. I remember Dustin on his RF shoot saying it was one of his favourite matches.

Turns out it was actually just the first two, so quite a few months before the Warrior would've been on it if they'd kept it up (#8). Even then, the Warrior/Owen match looked like it was on the show with the power cut anyway so I guess the point's a bit shit. They definitely should have kept the bonus matches on those VHS releases though, there were some fun sounding big matches and they weren't all between Taker and Kama!

Windham v Bradshaw never really went 20 minute on that show with HBK/Goldust as Wiki says did it?

I liked his 96 look the best.

I know everyone hates it but his 98 WcW run could have worked, had they not botched every aspect of it ( he got paid something like 1-2m though for what amounted to about 6 appearances and 2 matches)

Say what u want about the guy but he got paid and people were willing to do it so good on him!

Sherri trying to seduce him was class... Rumble '91 I think. He sold it brilliantly. Spitting to the ground and roaring "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO." Big Warrior. Intense as fuck, wouldn't take no shite from anybody. Bring the fucker back. Rather that than pussies my granny pat could beat. Jam up, genuine intensity is missed these days. That's why Henry works so well. People like a smasher.

Ps it's really hot the day isn't it.

• Paid Members

How awful would that match in that photo be? Jeezo. Least Warrior vs Ahmed would have some car-crash material to it. Him vs Nailz would have absolutely nothing. Looks like Nailz isn't even taking the clothesline right too.

How awful would that match in that photo be? Jeezo. Least Warrior vs Ahmed would have some car-crash material to it. Him vs Nailz would have absolutely nothing. Looks like Nailz isn't even taking the clothesline right too.

Nailz never took anything right. I'm convinced the guy barely had any training. I even went back and watched some of his pre-Nailz work and it's still terrible. He can't bump properly, can't run the ropes, can't do shit. In terms of actual in-ring work he must be up there as one of the worst ever.

Nailz was quite effective as he scared the shit out of me as a kid. Zeus did too for that matter, he's impervious to Hogan's blows for fuck sake!

Warrior was my absolute favourite as a kid and one of the few that's overcame my lifelong heel bias. Just the idea of him having a match with Hogan - the other main event good guy - was pretty mindblowing at the time. Him beating Hogan is one of my fondest WWF memories, up there with Owen pinning Bret and Flair winning the rumble. He looked amazing. Probably the greatest look a wrestler has ever had. How can any kid not cheer him or be lit up by that music?

Warrior was my absolute favourite as a kid and one of the few that's overcame my lifelong heel bias. How can any kid not cheer him or be lit up by that music?

I agree. With all this going on, do you think we'll finally hear that music at the Royal Rumble, and have him come out and destroy a ring full of bland mid-carders?

Archived