Look who's back in da fold ...

IANdrewDiceClay

2K Sports are the overwhelming kings of awful graphics. I've yet to play a game of theirs that actually flows well, let alone one that even has decent graphics.

You clearly haven't played any of the NBA 2K series, since 2K11 it's been widely regarded as the best sports game series out there. It's ridiculously deep and the authenticity to the product is fantastic. The last American Football game they made, 2K5 is also held in high regard by most people who have played. Gameplay is always king, and they usually nail it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2K Sports are the overwhelming kings of awful graphics. I've yet to play a game of theirs that actually flows well, let alone one that even has decent graphics.

You clearly haven't played any of the NBA 2K series, since 2K11 it's been widely regarded as the best sports game series out there. It's ridiculously deep and the authenticity to the product is fantastic. The last American Football game they made, 2K5 is also held in high regard by most people who have played. Gameplay is always king, and they usually nail it.

The MLB games are excellent too in those regards.

Some of those pictures are amazing to me. Especially this one. 1996 Warrior clotheslining Kamala. When did that happen?

71_WWE-encyclopedia2597.jpg

I'm certain that's 1992 Warrior, presumably just before he wore the Ultimate Maniacs singlet, before he left. 1996 Warrior was proper sun blonde.

I like this one...

59_Warrior-Ref-33.jpg

... for the massively geeky reason that it's what the Jakks Classic Superstars series 3 Warrior is based on. I hadn't seen him wearing the costume before.

CSS%203%20WARRIOR.jpg

• Paid Members

I just dont usually associate the Ultimate One with trunks in that era. Looking at the date (November 1992), its nice to know if Warrior did stick around it would be in full vintage Warrior mode. It seems as though he dropped the RVD suit in time for the Survivor Series which never happened. Sets my mind at ease when it comes to outfits during the sad half hours I have thinking about a Warrior vs Lex Luger match in 1993.

Agreed. I think my favourite Warrior is 1991 Lone Wolf Warrior. Just after he lost the title and got involved with Savage - before Jake/Taker - he became quite dark. This screenshot is from a promo on Savage around that time - "Exit stage left, exit stage right" - which unfortunately I can't find at the minute...

eg_warrior7.jpg

I'd love to see what would have happened to that character if he'd have had a 5-6 year continuous streak, but I appreciate that it was his 'here again, gone again' nature that makes him what he is...

That one of him backdropping Slaughter can't have been too much of a rarity as I remember it from one of my first WWF magazines back in 1991, the one with Jake on the cover I think.

I would have loved a Warrior v Vader match on TV. It was always a dream match of mine and they met loads of times on the house shows. It could've fitted in at KOTR too, just swap Lawler for Vader. Always wanted to see Warrior/Bulldog from that period too, as well as too many to list from late 92/early 93.

• Paid Members

Yeah, no doubt we'd have got Warrior vs Vader and Warrior vs Bulldog at some point in 1996 if he'd stuck around. It would have made sense with him aligning with Shawn Michaels and Ahmed Johnson to fight off Camp Cornette to close KOTR '96. As it ended up being Warrior's replacement Sid vs Bulldog at SummerSlam, maybe Warrior vs Bulldog would have happened then.

I think Warrior vs Owen Hart was his last televised WWF match wasn't it?

Warrior fought Kamala loads on the road in 1992, from July through to when he left. Mostly in singles but a good few tags and six-mans too alongside the likes of Bret, Undertaker and Bossman.

It could've fitted in at KOTR too, just swap Lawler for Vader.

Not really. Vader was being built to face Shawn Michaels, and Warrior wasn't going to lie down for him. A fuck finish with Warrior might have been possible, but I can see why they went with him smashing Jake and getting disqualified. In retrospect, it's weird that they didn't just make Vader the King of the Ring instead of Austin after Triple H landed in the doghouse. They had no plans for Austin and big plans for Vader. Maybe they'd had their fingers burnt the year before when it came to making a big fat piece of shit the KotR.

• Paid Members

It was never destined to go beyond King of the Ring. I'm surprised it went that far. Warrior's a paranoid basket case, who usually goes mad. This current relationship will fuck up as well no doubt. In a years time we'll be in a thread saying "remember at the Hall of Fame when the Warrior refused to leave the stage and called Pat Patterson a sausage jocky?"

Archived