Look who's back in da fold ...

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

TNA's game was so strange, because there was absolutely fuck all you could do on it. The season mode was complete shit, the roster was completely bare and the game play was very suspect. But it looked very good. They seemed to put way more into it looking great, instead of being great. The novelty of playing as Samoa Joe on a game was great, though, I'll not lie.

Also, you could only be Suicide on the season mode. And Suicide wasn't even a real wrestler at the time.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
That TNA Booker T is amazing. Were the graphics really that good or is that just a really flattering screenshot? I remember someone posted a similar comparison using Bret Hart. Does anyone have that to hand? And yeah, what is the story with the graphics taking such a turn for the worse?

To be blunt, Midway Games put the fucking effort in for Impact. Google "tna impact midway game" and the screenshots are impressive. Full body scans of everyone, even the crowds.

THQ / 2K usually get one or two people rotoscoped, these used to be high profile training types like Bill DeMott or Al Snow. Not sure who they use now. The textures (look) are made by passing schoolchildren, invited to send in their best efforts in crayon.

Which is a darn sight better than the gameplay.

• Paid Members

On a recent Colt Cabana podcast, Trent Barreta said that when he was in Developmental he and a bunch of other students got sent away for a week or so to do the motion capture for the WWE game being made at the time. So that's probably your answer to that question- they send Developmentals.

• Paid Members

They announced a new game deal about a month ago. Mini-excitment commensed, and then we found out it was (I swear) a game on the iPhone where you came make Jeff Hardy do bar bell curls and make him jog on the spot. Look at that boy go:

e50ea347917618304944294820c7b33b_XL.jpg

I have no idea if we'll ever see another TNA game. If they were going to have one, surely it would have been out by now. Its been 5 years or something.

• Paid Members
the roster was completely bare

I don't recall the TNA game being overly lacking in terms of roster, compared to who was in the company at the time.

VKM/James Gang were the big omission, Matt Morgan too maybe, but once they added Petey Williams & Curry Man as DLC, most people of any significance were covered, I'd say.

That TNA Booker T is amazing. Were the graphics really that good or is that just a really flattering screenshot?

The graphics in the TNA game were really good. Nothing else about it was. It took years to come out from what I remember, had hardly any roster depth, nothing to do, and the gameplay was naff. Pretty much everyone had the same moves, and they were X Division moves so Sting would be moonsaulting and flying frankensteinering people and the like. Mind you, for some reason, everyone in the WWE games now has that floatover DDT that Rock used to do in 1998.

• Paid Members
I have no idea if we'll ever see another TNA game. If they were going to have one, surely it would have been out by now. Its been 5 years or something.

When Midway went bust (they supposedly rushed out the TNA game unfinished because they desperately needed the money - LOLZ), they sold some of their licenses. By all accounts, nobody wanted TNA.

The game company going bust and rushing out a crap game that may have killed that revenue stream is very TNA, though.

• Paid Members

That interview is so Bruno Sammartino last year. Any interview where Warrior or Bruno isn't calling WWE a pack of bastards tells me something is up. He didn't even deny returning for a match with Vince. Triple H and Warrior are negotiating to sign him to a legends deal right now. But you just have to watch that interview to see he's back on side. That video just wasn't the usual mental, bitter Warrior interview. Bret Hart vs Vince McMahon set the standard. So Vince vs Warrior cant be worse than that. I bet Vince at 67 would even take the Gorilla Press.

Warrior calling WWE "The Wrestling" makes him sound like my Dad, though.

If something does come of it, it Just goes to show that Vince can get anyone to roll over if the money is right. And if he does do something for WM or the HOF, then maybe we'll get a proper Warrior DVD/Blu-Ray...

Having just said that, the last one was fairly comprehensive about his career (even if it was a total hachet job) and featured his best two matches on it

• Paid Members
I bet Vince at 67 would even take the Gorilla Press.

If he'll take an F5 when in need of hip surgery, I'm sure he'll let Jim put his hands on him.

If something does come of it, it Just goes to show that Vince can get anyone to roll over if the money is right.

Roll over? He's been telling them "no" for the best part of ten years, and now they've finally caved in and met his asking price. Warrior's the boss here.

The Ultimate Warrior was sent in a capsule, from a place long from here, and he came here for one reason - to attack and keep coming. Not to ask, but just to give. Not to want but just to send.... send the power of the warrior down everyone's throats in the WWF until they become sick of it, well you're gonna sick of it... because that freak of nature right there, is just beginning to swell, and when he gets big enough brother, there ain't gonna be room for anybody else, but him n' all the warriors floatin through the veins, and the power, of the Woyaaaaaaaaa....

Archived