Look who's back in da fold ...

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
So are there any decent matchups for him if he does come back to compete?

Decent matchups?? The man hasn't wrestled in ten years, and in his prime he wasn't exactly the safest of guys to work with. What would he be like without the strength he once had and ten years of ring rust?

I understand what the thread is about ya nobber, but he was obviously referencing the game inclusion in his question that was already mentioned. Sarcastic response not always required eh.

If we're going to get all sensitive about warranted sarcasm for someone completely missing the point, I expect there'll be tears shed over "smart arse" and "nobber."

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aim sarcasm at me all ya like pal, but those types of responses are shit arn't they, when a simple "no mate" would suffice.

Anyways, I was never a massive Warrior fan when I was a kid, but when he came back a few years back at NWE I was buzzing. Not sure that we will see anything other than this appearance, but it will open up a few doors and a HOF indcuction is now more likely to be on the cards.

• Awards Moderator

Decent matchups?? The man hasn't wrestled in ten years, and in his prime he wasn't exactly the safest of guys to work with. What would he be like without the strength he once had and ten years of ring rust?

Probably no different. Exciting buildup though. Perhaps the wishlist should be labelled "wrestlers you want to see injured soon".

• Paid Members
Colour me naive but hasn't Warrior already been in a WWE game before? That All-Stars arcadey game?

They were done through the gaming company. Warrior would sign with THQ and didn't deal with WWE. The big story is that Warrior has signed WWE's developer and is doing promotional work for WWE. Including the press conference.

He worked for nwe in madrid in 2008 didnt he?

Warrior going over Punk would be my favourite moment in the history of history, hopefully no selling the GTS, Anaconda Vice and Punk's lame elbow from the top rope.

Realistically, I'd settle for him going into the Hall of Fame. A cheeky wee Rumble appearance would be awesome though.

He did work for NWE, and he had one of the shittest matches I've ever seen with Orlando Jordan.

If I hadn't seen that, and with this news, I'd probably anticipate the potential on screen return of a legend to WWE. With that match, and the fact that I wasn't around for the nostalgia kick it would provide to you older guys, the idea of Warrior as a featured star on WWE programming fills me with dread. I'd be okay with a Raw 1000 esque one-shot though, surely he could run through a decent two minute match with Heath Slater.

• Paid Members

I think Warrior was the one who demanded the 20 minute match. Fuck knows why, though. Chris Masters was on the card and said a load of wrestlers had to go out after the Warrior match because it was so poorly received. People hated it in the arena.

As far as current day, all Warrior would need to do is an appearance where he saves someone on a mini segment at WrestleMania. I love the Warrior, but I honestly dont want to see him wrestle. That's if the relationship still lasts in time for Mania. Warrior is a legit looney.

• Paid Members

Fuck knows why I thought that Orlando match was 2003 when Jordan hadn't even debuted for WWE by then. PMS or something.

He did work for NWE, and he had one of the shittest matches I've ever seen with Orlando Jordan.

That's saying something, even if you were saying it was one of the shittest Orlando matches you'd ever seen.

With that match, and the fact that I wasn't around for the nostalgia kick it would provide to you older guys,

Hah! 1998 Warrior was my limit, thanks.

I'd be okay with a Raw 1000 esque one-shot though, surely he could run through a decent two minute match with Heath Slater.

Now we've gone so far as to be expecting Warrior, who normally needed carrying, to be the one to drag Heath Slater to "decent"? I mean, Warrior was OK, but he's no Sid.

Archived