Raw 8/1/13 Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

^ I'd hate that, just because it would ruin the "All-Star" concept (which I think is brilliant, pity it couldn't all be past winners though).

Edge

RVD

Mr Kennedy

CM Punk

Jack Swagger

The Miz

Kane

Daniel Bryan

Alberto Del Rio

John Cena

Dolph Ziggler

If they were happy doing a six-man Money in the Bank (which isn't out of the question, the red briefcase one last year was only five, wasn't it?), they could have done one where all the entrants were previous winners by using those six.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually enjoyed RAW.

Going on the McMahon/Triple H power struggle, do you think it could drag on to Survivor Series with Stephanie as the special guest ref? A traditional Survivor Series match, Team Vinny against Team Trips for all the marbles - winners get complete control of WWE.

The Wyatt Family's entrance was great and I think if they are going for the whole brainwashing angle then Kane makes the most sense. He's the big, intimidating figure that Rowan and Harper are, only Kane is much better and already over. Maybe they could have Big Show return as a member to. Though maybe too many big star names might take some of the attraction off Bray himself.

• Paid Members
The Wyatt Family's entrance was great and I think if they are going for the whole brainwashing angle then Kane makes the most sense. He's the big, intimidating figure that Rowan and Harper are, only Kane is much better and already over.

And a massive clich

When Kane first debuted the fact he was this new monster none of us knew anything about was his strength. These days, Kane is a mix of comedy and nostalgia. He hasn't got the range anymore to do serious stuff. Its guaranteed to go all Dungeon of Doom if Kane gets involved with them.

This is all true, but it doesn't stop them. With WWE, you're never far from a Kane storyline that involves him being a deadly serious horror movie type villain. It's always a stupid idea even in concept, and it always ends up in terrible unintentional comedy with him electrocuting someone's balls or pushing cripples out their wheelchairs. It's eighteen months now since he was Embracing the Hate with Cena and Ryder, we're probably due another Kane disaster. But I'd like to think they've learned their lesson and realised he's far better off in his current role.

Not read the thread so probably been moaned about already but I fucking hated that crowd for chanting Husky Harris. Same idiots that will go online and moan about new talent not getting over.

Thought the Wyatt vignettes and debut was excellent. Yeah the Husky Harris chants were dumb but hopefully they will be short lived as the gimmick is too good not to get over. Also Bray Wyatts theme is currently number 13 on the UK Itunes Soundtrack chart.

Ziggler's only been a "face" for about 2 weeks, and he still needs to get away from AJ and Big E. Maybe Big E costs him the match on Sunday, that'll expedite things.

They could do without him cutting a promo during a fucking match, though. Whoever came up with that idea needs a slap.

Also, he has the worst catchphrase ever. He'd be better off using a Kinky John one and interacting with the crowd: "Get your pants off | We're humans, not insects"

Absolutely loved The Wyatts, been waiting ages to see them debut on Raw since seeing them on NXT, didn't really know what to expect but I am very happy with how it went.

Part of me thinks they may even go down the route of taking of "We took out Kane, a guy you believed was a true monster, if we can do that with such ease then imagine what's to come", maybe link it in with the whole wolf and sheep thing they keep going on about, "everyone who you thought was a wolf is just a sheep compared to us". Maybe taking out Kane was their statement. I'm hoping that anyway as I wouldn't be too pleased to see Kane join them, they're fresh, new but put a guy who's been in the company since 1998 and it kind of takes away that feeling of guys we are discovering and learning about when you have him in the group due to all of his history.

I'm not sure about Bray trying to take Kane's place at Money in the Bank, if he was to take someone's place surely the match with the guys who have never held the Title before (bar Swagger) would be the better match to go into, plus that match looks like it has so much promise, take Swagger out, put Bray in and the whole match looks amazing (on paper at least), if Swagger wins that match I will be very disappointed considering the amount of possibilities you could have from that match. I think the favourite has to be Barrett with the outsider being Ambrose, I am not including Swagger as I am just hoping he won't win, plus his last one wasn't too memorable and this time he really dropped the ball at WrestleMania when he got caught with the DUI so hopefully they won't have too much faith in him holding the briefcase.

But yeah if Bray took Kane out to take his place in Money in the Bank it'd make no sense as I couldn't understand how someone would get rewarded the free slot of the guy they took out (saying that they are making a big deal out of Vince making Maddox the new GM and having no faith in him). But yeah Bray would get lost in the mix of those guys, Punk, Bryan, Sheamus, Orton, the recently returned Christian and the returning at the PPV, RVD. I'm not sure about Bray getting Kane to win the briefcase and hand it over to him either, if he did that he surely couldn't win the Title as it'd feel so cheap and would ruin the whole thing in my eyes, he deserves his push but he isn't at the point of challenging for the Title or being the actual Champion yet. The Wyatts need to establish themselves and have a few decent storylines and feuds before doing anything as serious as that.

I do think they will play a part at Money in the Bank and I hope they do too but I just don't know what it will be yet, may even be another Kane beatdown, but saying that WWE.com are saying they "injured" Kane so may be a way of writing him out of the match but still I reckon if there's a replacement it'll be someone established, winner of the Ryback vs. Jericho match earlier in the night? Or maybe Heyman messing with Punk's head and getting Axel in it (although he'd be in two matches then with the IC Title too), or even Brock (don't know if I'd like that though as I'd like to see the first Brock-Punk showdown as a singles bout.

Anyway bottom line is I get so excited about Money in the Bank, love this time of year. For me it is as exciting or maybe even more exciting in a way than Royal Rumble. Just because you get two guys winning the briefcase, and in the last few years it's been one established guy and then a guy who is just on the cusp of breaking into the main event and this is the last little nudge towards it. I honestly couldn't predict who will win either match, which you usually can do with the Rumble. Oh and the year with the lead up to Punk and Cena for the Title on Punk's last night just absolutely made Money in the Bank that year. The fact we have had it free on Sky Sports every year is just totally awesome.

• Paid Members

I've never been into Ziggler and I'm still waiting for a reason to give a fuck about him now that he's turned face. I think he needed a much stronger turn than just getting his head kicked in when he had it coming to him. I'd still rather see Del Rio boot him in the head than Dolph win the belt back.

The Cena and Henry feud has gone downhill since the brilliant retirement speech segment that kicked it off a few weeks ago, which was always inevitable. They were never topping that moment. I'd probably feel more invested if I felt that there was much chance that Mark could win.

I didn't like Raw. The matches were all pairings that found me not caring about one, or both, of the participants.

I enjoyed the Wyatt stuff, to a point. In vignettes, set to an appropriate backdrop, they look the bollocks. Unfortunately, set against a glossy Raw set, the cheap outfits, bald spots and Hawaiian shirts just look cheap. They look a proper low midcard act which is a shame.

Archived