Raw 8/1/13 Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
My biggest concern about the Wyatt Family is that we may have already seen the very best of them.

This.

From everyone that's spoken about them, the tag team are the pits and won't get far. Bray Wyatt is Husky Harris. As shit as it is people chanting that at him, we've seen him before and he's nothing special at all.

• Paid Members
As shit as it is people chanting that at him, we've seen him before and he's nothing special at all.

What do you consider special? We seen John Cena before, we seen Batista before, we saw Steve Austin before, we seen the Rock before. They weren't over at one stage because of their role on the show. A lot of people started off with different gimmicks. I dont see what him being Husky Harris has to do with anything. He never worked with anyone, hardly wrestled and when he did wrestle, he was a pretty good worker. He is a pretty good worker, and he's been excellent in his role as Bray Wyatt for a year now. So well, they brought him up on the main roster under a gimmick he created, which they never do.

Husky Harris got took off the road because of his weight. Not his work. He was put on Raw back in 2010 because he was rated highly as a worker and he was taken off TV because he got to fat. The fact he's lost a load of weight and created a gimmick which has forced their hand into bringing him into a main position on Raw and invest a load of money in his vignettes says to me he's pretty special. Nobody does that. He's created a star for them.

• Paid Members

See, people say that but I loved him as Husky Harris. Thought he was a cracking wrestler. It's not going to be about match quality with these guys anyway, it's clearly going to be character heavy and it depends where they go with that.

I always there was something about him. I loved him from the moment I first saw his NXT promo and i'm not really sure why but that love only grew after his matches with Kaval and then becoming Bray Wyatt. His Bray Wyatt intro promo, the 'I ain't no white trash' one really gave the feeling he could be something special to me.

From what little I've seen, he feels a bit Foley to me. Foley was never the best wrestler, but he was great at making a match out of his character, if you see what I mean. Whether it was Mankind or Cactus Jack, he'd have storyline and character reasons for everything he did in the ring. Then if he was in with a decent worker, the match would end up electric.

If Wyatt can do the same thing, build up a match and then show some arse and take some bumps, I can't see why he can't be a big star.

• Paid Members

There are definitely similarities between Wyatt and Foley, beyond the obvious physical ones. I think WWE may well be looking at Mankind's story as a template for the Wyatt character, if that makes sense. Dave Meltzer reckons he's nailed on to become a big babyface eventually.

My biggest concern about the Wyatt Family is that we may have already seen the very best of them.

This.

From everyone that's spoken about them, the tag team are the pits and won't get far. Bray Wyatt is Husky Harris. As shit as it is people chanting that at him, we've seen him before and he's nothing special at all.

He is only 26 years old.

He came on tv as a background part of a faction while 23 years old, so to use that as a basis as to whether he is any good or not is very harsh.

Working in the WWE system for the past 2/3 years will help any dedicated performer improve, and from what I've seen on NXT Bray Wyatt certainly has.

Archived