Raw 8/1/13 Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

So, The Wyatt Family are debuting and there isnt any discussion going on. Are you excited to see them finally, or are you tired of the videos and just want them to get on with it? What do they do tonight and how do they debut?

Vickie Guerrero has a 'Job Evaluation' too so hopefully they can finally get rid of the old hag.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, The Wyatt Family are debuting and there isnt any discussion going on. Are you excited to see them finally, or are you tired of the videos and just want them to get on with it? What do they do tonight and how do they debut?

I don't watch much NXT, so I have not seen much of them. From that I have seen of them they do look a good group, and the WWE seem high on them, so hopefully they will have a good debut. I could see them attacking and feuding with Orton or Sheamus.

Vickie Guerrero has a 'Job Evaluation' too so hopefully they can finally get rid of the old hag.

I think this is just a reason to have Vince, Stephanie and HHH on TV again. I don't see them actually getting rid of Vickie, but we can only hope.

• Paid Members
Definitely think that the wyatt family will take out orton or golden boy d-bry

I've not watched anything for 2 weeks now. What would the reason be for attacking either?

Or do you mean just as a statement because 'they can'?

I really hope they go all out with this debut. 3 blokes wandering out with a rocking chair isn't enough; I want about 30 freakshow looking motherfuckers surrounding the ring first, some full-on "Freaks" looking types, chanting, playing tambourines - that sort of shit, before finally Bray makes his way to the ring while they all smile, rock and chant for him. It needs to be like something from a really weird horror film.

They shouldn't attack anyone - yet. A really unsettling promo and a few thinly veiled threats of future violence should be enough for now. Have someone important get in their business next week or the week after to kick something proper off.

• Paid Members

Debuting someone a week before a pay-per-view should mean they have something big planned. If they dont, its daft timing, because generally people who dont have a match at the PPV dont show up. So they must be doing something that leads to Sunday. I cant see involving Bryan, though. The eventual Bryan and Cena program should be left alone.

I dont even think the current Wyatt family will be the group they stick with. The big ginger lad is only there because he's in the right place at the right time. He's supposedly really shite and not ready for the main roster. So if his role is the big dopey one who knocks about in the background, there must be more people coming it. They've even sort of hinted at that on the vignettes. Maybe the Briscoes will show up with them eventually. Maybe put a woman with them. I want to see them get really weird with this group. Like have a mental character like Chop Top, and a thick lass who's quite evil like the girl from Devil's Rejects, and a son who's so completely off the wall they have to keep him in the house until shit really gets fucked up. I'm all sticking a giant group of nutters together. Even bring Sully back and make him the Grandad.

Bray Wyatt comes out with Rowan wearing his sheep mask and Harper looking all deranged, cuts a promo, squashes Zack Ryder while the announce team talk about how weird they all are, JBL says Harper reminds him of Bruiser Brody, Cole and Lawler mock JBL for making an actual wrestling reference, a replay is shown while the announcers use words like 'dangerous' and 'strange', The Wyatt Family leave while the announcers say things like 'they're gonna be a force to be reckoned with' etc etc, cut to a backstage segment with one of the McMahons or Triple H.

I'm being cynical, I know, but I've become a little disillusioned with WWE as of late.

Definitely think that the wyatt family will take out orton or golden boy d-bry

I've not watched anything for 2 weeks now. What would the reason be for attacking either?

Or do you mean just as a statement because 'they can'?

Pretty much just they can, the amount they have been promoted via the promos indicates they are something big and thusly I guess that they be in the mix with a few guys at the top of the card. Orton is probably most likely.

• Paid Members

I'm very much looking forward the Wyatt Family, and probably getting my hopes up too much, but then if I was a writer I'd get fired quite quickly, as I'd mostly pitch ideas like this one. Love the idea of Kevin Sullivan getting involved, would love to see him turn up even once.

I have mixed feelings about the Wyatt family. I've really enjoyed the promos and they've painted this amazing picture of an Texas Chainsaw-style group of psychopaths, so much so that I really don't think they can live up to my expectations. If they just come out of the locker room, cut promos and wrestle matches like a contracted WWE wrestler, it'll just be a disappointment. I think that it's such a out-the-box gimmick that I have no faith in the creative team to make it work in a medium not used to this sort of thing. Still very interested to see what they do with them though.

I have no idea what way they'll go with the Wyatts. Mainly because all the top faces seem to be heavily involved in other story lines.

I'm guessing it will start with Bray on the stick for a few weeks while Erik and Luke squash jobbers to build things up. Also think they will look to recruit people to the Family in time. I used to love when the Ministry would "sacrifice" people. The additions of Mideon, Viscera and the Brood after brutal hidings was pretty cool. Not sure how that would fit in with the PG product these days though.

There is also The Shield who are another trio faction. They are 3 future main eventers who the WWE will be trying to keep looking strong at all times so I'd be surprised if they fued with them.

Bray is the main man and I don't predict he'll ever win the WWE Title either so I've honestly no idea what the future holds for this lot!

• Paid Members

I'm super excited to see what happens with the Wyatt debut tonight, although not necessarily optimistic about it, if that makes sense at all. I'm just really looking forward to seeing how they book it, a week before a PPV and after an enormous amount of hype. I honestly have no idea what they will do, but anything other than an amazing segment would have to be considered a huge letdown. Expectations are sky high, especially after the way they set it up last week, closing Raw with their vignette.

These guys aren't super workers by any stretch, the strength of the group is all in the gimmick and the way they're presented. I really hope that whatever they have planned is big. If they go in half-arsed with this lot now, they'll be fucked.

My ideal scenario would be that they signed up the Briscoes when they talked over the weekend and that they will put them with the Wyatts right off the bat tonight. I know Jay's injured, but there doesn't have to be any physicality for a while. Yeah, I know it's not very likely at all, but the Briscoes are such a perfect fit for the Wyatt Family and if ever there was an ideal opportunity to bring them to the WWE, it is now.

Archived