Jump to content

Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I'm going there in September. Any tips, Lister?

Pour your own wine.

 

Nah, seriously, you will love it. Croatia is a stunning country, I was in Split, Hvar and Dubrovnik last August and I wish I could have stayed longer. It's not as cheap as you expect European countries in that area to be, especially when eating out, but still a bit cheaper than UK.  If you like seafood then you're in for a treat cause other than pizzerias everywhere else is pretty much seafood restaurants and they certainly know how to cook fish. If you have a spare day that you don't have much planned for then you should hire a litte boat for the day, they hire them to anyone even with no experience, and they're not expensive at all, think it was like £70 for the full day, take some beers and a lunch on it and you can dot up and down the coast at your own pace, going for a swim in secluded little bays and stuff (pick up a snorkle set for about another £20 or rent for about half the price). Croatia is incredibly relaxed and slow paced, it sort of epitomises Mediterranean way of life, Split and Dubrovnick are the perfect combination of city/beach holiday, chilled but still plenty to do.  

 

How long you there for? 

Edited by stumobir
  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Thanks for that stumobir! We're going for a week, planning on mainly staying in Dubrovnik but Viatour do a good looking daytrip to Split so may do that. The Thrones city tour is a given. Girlfriend is into seafood, I'm not so keen, but I may have to learn because I can't deprive her of the opportunities for it there!

Posted (edited)

WINTER IS HERE!!!!

 

 

 

If you are too impatient to watch Game of Thrones on Monday then fear not, because both the first four episodes are available online.

(watch-series-tv.to then just search game of thrones.)

 

I really don't know whether I will watch all four or any for that matter, I have been waiting for so long and been craving the Thrones but I don't want to binge and not be excited for weeks. Plus I like that the week is dominated by that weeks episode, and I like the collective conversation on podcasts. All of which may be taken away if I'm so far ahead of the conversation. Hmm, this is a real Sophie's choice!

 

Edit: Great minds that Pitcos and I.

Edited by Ron&Hermione
  • Paid Members
Posted

I've watched the first one just because the wait has been killing me. I got it out my system though and will watch the others weekly. If I burned through all 4 of them in one go having to wait four weeks to see what happens next would be a right pain in the arse. 

 

Episode 1 is very strong. A scene setter though, but that's to be expected.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Yeah, I've grabbed them. Will have a discussion with my girlfriend tonight about whether it's a good idea to watch all four tonight and then have to wait a month for new episodes or what. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Has anyone got a link they could PM me, if I hypothetically wanted to acquire these? (Not that I do, law abiding citizen that I am). 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Its all well and good binging on the four thats leaked, but then you're gonna have to wait a month for episode 5.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...