Paid Members Murtz Posted March 21, 2015 Paid Members Posted March 21, 2015 King Joffery was killed off way too soon for me. He was my favourite character just because he was so hate worthy. Also only realised he made a short appearance in Batman Begins!
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 22, 2015 Paid Members Posted March 22, 2015 (edited) I don't know about anyone getting killed off too soon. That is part of the show. No one is safe. At that point Joffrey is just coming to the point of coming fully to power, anyone who thinks they have control of him will undoubtedly meet a terrible end, as a viewer you know already what sort of king he will be. You don't need to see it, you've already imagined it, and to have him struck down at that point is pretty close to perfection. Edited March 22, 2015 by Lion_of_the_Midlands
Mr_Danger Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 This has been doing the rounds on Facebook. If Game of Thrones was made in the 80's....
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted April 1, 2015 Paid Members Posted April 1, 2015 Anyone know if theres a planned recap show to air like they had for season 4?
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 1, 2015 Paid Members Posted April 1, 2015 There is. It's going to be an hour long and hosted by Sue Perkins who is a big fan. Live studio audience as well I think.
Ian 86 Posted April 7, 2015 Posted April 7, 2015 The Washington Post have put together "An illustrated Guide to all 456 Deaths" if anyone is interested. It covers seasons 1-4 and is quite interesting. http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/entertainment/game-of-thrones/ Obviously contains Season 1-4 spoilers
Ron&Hermione Posted April 7, 2015 Posted April 7, 2015 Jon Snow gets invited to a dinner party! (I love Jon Snow a bit too much for a straight guy... Well alleged straight guy.) https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=BabsgCQhpu4
Paid Members Big Benny HG Posted April 7, 2015 Paid Members Posted April 7, 2015 Anyone know if theres a planned recap show to air like they had for season 4? It's now up on Sky On Demand, and will probably be airing multiple times on Sky Atlantic this week.
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 8, 2015 Paid Members Posted April 8, 2015 Jon Snow gets invited to a dinner party! (I love Jon Snow a bit too much for a straight guy... Well alleged straight guy.) There is no shame in this admittance. I'd have turned for the King In The North, personally. No bridges required.
Ron&Hermione Posted April 9, 2015 Posted April 9, 2015 I have not read the books as I wouldn't have time and quite frankly it doesn't appeal to me that much considering the Show is great. However, I don't give a shit about spoilers, never have and it doesn't bother me when stuff gets spoilt as I can enjoy it all the same. (Though I would never spoil anything for others, even if I don't care about something, I know others may do.) With that said, I started going on like a Wikipedia type place of all the characters. As I like to watch the show and have background on the characters to fill it in. Sort of a nice way for it to go hand in hand with the show. Especially if I don't really understand things within the show (Ramsay Snow being an example). I then delved deeper and deeper, going through every character and reading everything. Then watching YouTube videos like Redteamreview and EmergencyAwesome (the latter of which I really enjoy) and man does it add to the experience I find. I've been re-watching all the seasons again in preparations and I feel like I completely understand it all now. There are really cool HBO videos which detail the houses, history and lore narrated by the actual actors in the show on YouTube. Completely spoiler free and work so well to give you an understanding and background of everything. (Search for game of thrones history and lore, there is like a 2 hour history of houses and then some season four ones about lore of game of thrones.) This is the season 4 one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=SKahi3qZuZw Don't worry, no spoilers in these. They just give the history and lore of season 4. Anyway, I am more excited about this show than I ever have been about a season of tv. Only a few days left to wait! Jon Snow gets invited to a dinner party! (I love Jon Snow a bit too much for a straight guy... Well alleged straight guy.) There is no shame in this admittance. I'd have turned for the King In The North, personally. No bridges required.Yeah, both are totes gorg! Without sounding like the most conceited person on earth I have actually had compliments to the beat of "you look like Jon Snow" needless to say it made my day/week/life. I don't, I'm not that delusional, still I bring it up any chance I can get! (I'm very well aware that paragraph makes me sound like a massive douchebag.)
Paid Members JNLister Posted April 10, 2015 Paid Members Posted April 10, 2015 Never realised at the time (mainly because it hadn't been filmed yet) but here's me in Quarth (just under the Tomb of Undying) looking out at King's Landing: Looking out at the Red Keep:
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted April 10, 2015 Awards Moderator Posted April 10, 2015 I'm going there in September. Any tips, Lister?
Keith Houchen Posted April 10, 2015 Posted April 10, 2015 I'm going there in September. Any tips, Lister? Don't go to any weddings.
Recommended Posts