Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Moderators

I'd rather have seen one of my facebook friends pop up on the EDL like list than any of them have spoiled Monday's episode for me.I did know something was up though.. no spoilers but just comments like "GOT - OMFG, speechless" at which point I just avoided completely until I had watched the episode.

Yeah, I can understand that. Doing it on a Monday morning screams "Hey look at me, I downloaded it and watched it before everyone else". One girl I know was giving out on FB yesterday as it got spoilt for her as she can't watch it until the weekend. I thought that was tough shit.

• Moderators

To be fair to the people on my FB they were all in Australia. But being Australian is another much worse crime in itself, anyway.

But also, it was so huge I can understand feeling like you need to say something after watching it, even if you know you can't talk about what actually happened.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

On a different note, what does everyone think of the actress who plays Ygritte? I think she does a great accent, but on the whole I think she is a really poor actress, her facial expressions during Jon Snow's revolt were terrible

Please don't discuss book spoiler-y stuff in here, even in tags. Obviously in this instance it hasn't spoiled anything, but I'd rather people didn't get into the habit of responding to quotes with BUT XXX HAPPENS IN THE BOOKS in case contextual clues give things away or one person fucks up their spoiler tagging and one of us HBO-pace folks click at the wrong time. I wouldn't normally be so pedantic but I've done so well avoiding GoT spoilers thus far and there is already another thread on here specifically for book related chat.

I understand that, I was trying to explain why I wasn't happy with the seemingly little thing and tried to be as vague as possible but couldn't word it correctly so it was the safest method in the end. Not intending to get into the habit as I get far more pleasure from watching the Martin virgins reactions when they hit these moments then a lot do from spoiling it!I'm not keen on Ygritte's performance either and can't quite put my finger on it. She has a look and seems to fit for the role but I just don't feel it.

On a different note, what does everyone think of the actress who plays Ygritte? I think she does a great accent, but on the whole I think she is a really poor actress, her facial expressions during Jon Snow's revolt were terrible

I'm not a fan either. That whole 'love story' between her and Jon Snow has seemed really forced and awkward to me, they don't have the chemistry that they are supposed to. The accent is kind of comical as well.The Rob Stark/Nurse love story didn't work either for me, building believable loving relationships is the one thing the show isn't too good at. Much better when working with fucked up stuff like Joffrey and Tyrion/Sansa.

• Paid Members

I did know something was up though.. no spoilers but just comments like "GOT - OMFG, speechless" at which point I just avoided completely until I had watched the episode.

Yeah, my two best friends watched it during the day downloaded and told me to text them after I'd watched it. I wasn't bothered though, because it was the ninth episode- shit always goes down big-time on episode 9.

• Moderators

Please don't discuss book spoiler-y stuff in here, even in tags. Obviously in this instance it hasn't spoiled anything, but I'd rather people didn't get into the habit of responding to quotes with BUT XXX HAPPENS IN THE BOOKS in case contextual clues give things away or one person fucks up their spoiler tagging and one of us HBO-pace folks click at the wrong time. I wouldn't normally be so pedantic but I've done so well avoiding GoT spoilers thus far and there is already another thread on here specifically for book related chat.

I understand that, I was trying to explain why I wasn't happy with the seemingly little thing and tried to be as vague as possible but couldn't word it correctly so it was the safest method in the end. Not intending to get into the habit as I get far more pleasure from watching the Martin virgins reactions when they hit these moments then a lot do from spoiling it!
I don't give a shit mate. The thread clearly says NO BOOK SPOILERS AT ALL. Don't post them. Don't talk about books. Books are shit and are for nerds. The only good book ever made is "The Gospel According to Chris Moyles" by Chris Moyles.

• Awards Moderator

I'm not a fan either. That whole 'love story' between her and Jon Snow has seemed really forced and awkward to me, they don't have the chemistry that they are supposed to. The accent is kind of comical as well.
They're a couple in real life too, I think, which makes it odder if they haven't clicked properly on screen.

• Paid Members

I havnt read any of the books either, and I too dread going onto any of the characters pages, or googling them, for fear of running into some spoilers about their death or something. Can anyone tell me which one of Robb or Jon Snow were the older of the two half brothers?

• Paid Members

Fuck my chaffinch!Blimey!What a truly enthralling piece of television, I've spent the whole of this week away from my compy pretty much, only delving here as I know the good ol' UKFF is a great site for being spoiler free on most things.GoT is simply one of the finest television shows of all time, I too have avoided the books, as I am a television show fan that touch more than a book fan and a very good friend who knew where my true love lies told me to enjoy what he already knew from his reading, I thank him after every great episode.HBO have worked wonders yet again, and with GoT I'm JUST starting to thin about forgiving them about Carnivale season 3.

• Paid Members

Robb's older.

Thanks. I was thinking about Jon Snow the other day, and who his mother is; because they did make a semi-big deal about it back in the first few episodes of season one. I remember a scene right before Jon left for The Wall and Ned left for King's Landing, where Ned told Jon that he would be back one day, and that he would tell him about his mother, and where he came from. I also remember a scene where Ned was quite defensive of the Jon's mother, which led me to think that it wasnt just some random whore in a brothel. From what we know about Ned, it does really seem to go against his character that he would have been unfaithful to Catelyn; we even learned in the last in the last episode that Ned didnt have a bedding ceremony at his own wedding. Stuff like this always led me to believe that there would be more to Jon Snow, his history, and who is mother is. Now though it seems like it will probably just be a dead thread that never gets revisited. Again, I've never read any of the books, so this is just my own silly rambling and posturing, but does anybody reckon there is any possibility that Rob isnt actually Ned's son at all? And that he is actually a bastard child of King Robert Baratheon who for some reason unknown at the time, Ned took in as his own. The reason I was asking about whether Robb Stark or Jon Snow was older was because I was trying to see where Jon's birth fits in with the timeline. It could be that Jon Snow was King Robert's first bastard son, and that he asked Ned to take him into his care for fear of bringing shame on his family name, or that Jon mother died, and Robert was prepared to leave the baby to die, until Ned's moral compass kicked in and he took in Jon as his own. Whatever. Whatever the reason, somehow Ned 'adopted' Robert's bastard son. Anyone think there could be something to this? I can see John eventually making his way south, ending up crossing paths with Melisandr