Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

All of my this. I don't think they could have been any more brutal and still be allowed on tv.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Pyrotechnik

• Moderators

Spoilers for tonight's episode, you bells:

So great. But having just seen it, it's hard for me to step back from the book versions and just appreciate it on its own, as there were a lot of little RW touches that didn't make the adaptation. Cat's mind snapping and clawing at her own face, "Don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair," (to my mind, the most emotionally devastating line in the books) and them not doing the Arya cut to black fakeout were all things I was waiting for that didn't happen. No Jinglebell either, but for some reason, the TV version really isn't going for the fools and jesters. They captured that sense of growing unease really well, with Rains of Castamere nicely established in-universe by this point. I'll need to watch it back again to soak it all in properly, as I was knotted with GoT nerd anxiety for the entire episode.

Having watched the scene again, I think Cat's howl of anguish, and just holding on her silence like that, is as bad, if not worse than the book, in terms of how distressing it is.

Search 'red wedding reaction' on Youtube for tons of gold.

Also the Twitter account @RedWeddingTears

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Absolutely blew my mind - I genuinely didn't see that coming, although it was obvious that something fucked up was going to happen. For some reason, I'd gotten it into my head that the red wedding was going to be Joffrey's nuptials, so this caught me totally off guard. One thing I had faith in is that Martin will kill off basically any character, so I was able to feel a bit smug as I was told "well, Robb and Catelyn won't die," and then, "well, Catelyn won't die".

• Paid Members

Brutal. Far more brutal than I was expecting.

I liked the changes they made from the book, and I thought it was excellent.

Robb is still a pussy though

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Fucking fuck fuck holy fucking shit. Just watched it. Knew what was coming and it still destroyed me. It's one thing reading it but seeing it happen was just the most traumatic television experience ever.

Well, my instincts were right about a certain character having a bigger role to play (is that vague enough?).

To use a wrestling analogy, this series is fucking great at building some seriously strong heels. I really need to see some payoffs soon though, it's all getting a bit 'Triple H in 2000' at the minute...

Fucking fuck fuck holy fucking shit. Just watched it. Knew what was coming and it still destroyed me. It's one thing reading it but seeing it happen was just the most traumatic television experience ever.

This. I found the last 10 minutes hard to watch, even thought about turning the TV off.

Even at the end though, Robb stood around like a gormless twat and didn't seem to click on to what was about to go down. I love The Blackfish, Im glad he seems to have got away.

Fucking... Arya!!! Maisie Williams is a fab little actress, she is doing such a brilliant job.

Edited by deathrey

Fucking... Arya!!! Maisie Williams is a fab little actress, she is doing such a brilliant job.

Annoyed me how fucking slow and useless she was at letting Grey Wind out of the kennel, mind. Like a doomed blonde running up the stairs in a horror film.

• Paid Members

There were fuckloads of Frey men around, running about with crossbows and bloody swords, and she would be known to at least some of them I imagine. Of course she'd be slow. Also she was trying to hide from the Hound.