Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

Yeah I was wondering why Sam didn't pick the blade back up.

I dont mind Sansa's character, and I think the actress that plays does a great job.

I'm just gutted that this season is nearly coming to an end and its gonna be another year :(

Is it confirmed that it will be next year before the next season starts?

I dont mind Sansa's character, and I think the actress that plays does a great job.

I'm just gutted that this season is nearly coming to an end and its gonna be another year :(

I don't think so but season 3 was announced after the season 2 premier last year, and season 4 was announced after the premier this year so logically it makes sense. Also they don't want to over-take the books' pace so two a year, even as a one-off, would put a lot of pressure on GRRM. I read somewhere online that there will be 7 seasons of tv (can't remember where, but it was an interview with a show producer) but if that's true he certainly needs to get a wriggle on with the next book.

I don't think so but season 3 was announced after the season 2 premier last year, and season 4 was announced after the premier this year so logically it makes sense. Also they don't want to over-take the books' pace so two a year, even as a one-off, would put a lot of pressure on GRRM. I read somewhere online that there will be 7 seasons of tv (can't remember where, but it was an interview with a show producer) but if that's true he certainly needs to get a wriggle on with the next book.

There will be more than 7 season of TV. The first book was the first series, second the second, but seasons three and four are going to be book three. And with books four and five running parrallel and five going over the time span in four, that will likely end up as seasons five and six.

So we've got another three years before we're caught up with the books and I expect Winds Of Winter in 2014/5. The big test will be whether they've filmed everything written in book six before the last one even comes out.

Edited by cobystag

found it - it was a post-Bafta interview:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-05-13/...to-seven-series

Obviously this isn't confirmed, but it will be interesting how they condense the story if they do go this way. There is no reason that it has to be 1 season per book (or or half book), so the later ones could take a different arc - with the chronological overlap between books 4 & 5 it could be one season for 4 & half of 5, one for the second half of 5 & 6 (or part of 6) and then one season to finish book 7 (and anything left from 6)? Also, there is no reason that future seasons have to be 10 episodes of the same length - they could go to an hour and half, or increase the number of episodes in the season (dont most US shows work in 12s or 13s rather than 10s?).

• Paid Members

HBO generally works in 10s. Each episode has to be between 50 and 60 minutes long and they are allowed 1 per season that goes to 75 minutes. Season 3 average episode length has been 58 minutes. Season 2 was around 53 minutes not including the special episode. Effectively another episode spread out over the course of the season.

actually, game of thrones is the only series on hbo (that i know of) that hasnt gone to 12/13 episodes for an entire season, which pisses me off...

Edited by the_suz

• Paid Members

They've said that they can only do 10 because of budget and production issues. I don't see GOT going past 7 seasons, all the actors will get bored and fuck off and ratings are bound to eventually start declining. And really the last 3 books that came out where jammed with filler and could easily be done in one season. No way this show is going to 10-11 seasons as some expect.

And no way will Martin have the next book out in time for the HBO series. He spent half a decade on Feast For Crows and barely anything even happened in that book.

• 2 weeks later...

Been living under a rock all my life so I thought I'd give this program a go seeing as everyone chats about it. Watched the first ep a few weeks back (never read the books). Hated it. I blazed through the rest of the series in just over a week. It's fantastic ain't it? I'm gonna blabber . .

Some nice additions to this season especially Margery and the dynamic between her and Joffrey. It seems like she's got him wrapped around her finger but you're always gonna be treading on eggshells with a psychopath. Granny Tyrell has become the funniest character on the show. The dragon stuff has got really good now as well. That scene where Daeny's dragon burns that prick and she takes over his slaves/army was tremendous. All the men that surround her are planks and morons though. Jorffrey's a brilliant little cunt. The first time I saw his weird girly face I hated him instantly and hoped he'd get killed off my tv quick. But I've learned to love hating him. He's got Caligula's biography wrenched in his arse and he likes it and I'd take him over a thousand boring Stark boys. He's lesbian arse torture scene was almost unwatchable. Did she smack the cheek or stick it in . . ? The Kings Landing, the battles of wits/power politics/backstabbing and anything else involving the Lannister's is really what makes this show. I don't need to tell you how great Trwin and Tyrion are, even if the latter's lost some of his edge lately. Cersei and her eyebrows of contempt I'm finding increasingly arousing. She's every bit as mental and heartless as Joffrey. Sexy. Jamie's an alright bloke really and the scenes between him and the big lass have been quite sweet. Would be great if they hooked up but I guess he'd rather bang his sister anyway. You can forget your dragons and your spells, it's them eyebrows that pack the good mojo.

They've got the battle scenes and their frequency spot on. That green fire stuff and the blackwater battle looked gorgeous.The first season was probably the strongest so far, had a nicer flow to it. I've been finding it a bit difficult to keep up with all the subplots lately but I am a bit thick. But, yeah, characters. Theon seemed to have a personality transplant after he ditched Rob which I found glaring. He's torturer's a right nasty piece of work too, almost felt sorry for the idiot. The Jon Snow stuff needs to move along. He's the most boring person in it. Give me more giants. I used to hate Sansa in the same "you're not good enough for this program!" sort of way I hate Samwally but she's turned a corner this season. The little bit between her and Tyrion was quite touching and I hope they get more screen time together. MAKE HER HAPPY FUNNY MAN. Depending on my mood Ygritt's either sweet and funny or a vulgar Eastenders-style cut-out. Vary's and Bealish's novelty has worn off a bit but they're still decent. Stannis, Red Lady, Osha, Hound, BRONN . . all good stuff. Lysa Arryn and her ugly suckling give me the willies. Arya is absolutely adorable and I hope she gets to grow up and kick ass. Part of me is hopeful that her sword trainer is still with us and that they'll get to dance again and kick butt together . .

I'm gutted now I'm up to schedule and have to wait for my telly fix like the old days :angry:

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash