Game of Thrones - Season EIGHT (No book wankers)

• Paid Members
Of course Chest, this is all in the books, which we are not talking about.

The tv show characters are all older than the books so it's not relevant. Robb is clearly supposed to be in his early 20's rather than 14 or whatever in the books (which I have always hated). Isn't Joffrey older than Robb in the books?

I enjoyed the episode, although the guy they cast for Daario is fucking shit and his face looks like he's had botched plastic surgery.

• Paid Members

He looks nowt like Daario from the books, either. Daario is supposed to be this sexy ass ladykiller who is flamboyant with a three pronged blue beard. That would've been awesome.

Excellent episode though. Joffrey is such a little cunt.

The tv show characters are all older than the books so it's not relevant. Robb is clearly supposed to be in his early 20's rather than 14 or whatever in the books (which I have always hated)

No he's not, it was stated on the show that he was born just as Robert's rebellion started, which makes him roughly the same age as Dany, who is meant to be 18 on the show, and I guess that would put Jon Snow at 17

As for Joffery, in the books he is a year older than Sansa, born after the rebellion when Cersi and Robert married, I think its about the same in the tv show, I'd put him at about 16.

Edit: just checked, Joff is 15 in the show.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members

Meh. Who gives a fuck really. I always thought it was stupid how young all the characters in the books were.

Re-watched the episode earlier and I must say that the special effects when Sam's sword exploded were really crap. The sound effects of the white walker were brilliant though. The sound design on this show is always really good actually.

• Paid Members
Of course Chest, this is all in the books, which we are not talking about.

The tv show characters are all older than the books so it's not relevant. Robb is clearly supposed to be in his early 20's rather than 14 or whatever in the books (which I have always hated). Isn't Joffrey older than Robb in the books?

I enjoyed the episode, although the guy they cast for Daario is fucking shit and his face looks like he's had botched plastic surgery.

They are not all older though. Sansa quite clearly said she was 14 last night. It does not really matter though as long as they are in the right sort of age bracket.

• Awards Moderator

If you don't compare things to the books, it really doesn't matter very much. If you need to know how old a character is supposed to be, they'll tell you. We were told Sansa was 14 this week so we felt sorry for her situation - more so. It's not important how old certain other characters might be - interesting, yes, but not important - and if it becomes so, we'll be told on the programme. That's my way of looking at it anyway.

I don't like Daario. Danaerys doesn't need another hanger on, as has already been mentioned - they're in danger of overcrowding her scenes with peripheral characters and losing some of the coolness she's developed over this season so far.

The White Walker exploding was great. But he didn't pick the blade back up! I've always been a Sam apologist but that was just stupid.

Yeah I was wondering why Sam didn't pick the blade back up.

I dont mind Sansa's character, and I think the actress that plays does a great job.

I'm just gutted that this season is nearly coming to an end and its gonna be another year :(