Raw 1/4

ColinBollocks

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't mind the Bearer exploitation stuff so much the first week, because it kind of made sense with it being a tribute show, but building the whole feud around it feels cheap and any outcome other than Punk getting destroyed will leave a bad taste in the mouth.

What difference does it make who is booked to win the match? If Undertaker had a problem with it, it would've been stopped already. If ownership had a problem with it, it would've been stopped already. All parties obviously agreed to this in advance because the promos have been set up for Punk to be disrespectful to Paul Bearer. It's not just him going off the cuff. How would it make it better if one complicit party (Undertaker) is booked by a complicit creative team to beat another complicit party (Punk)?

You're an idiot.

Like, really.

Unless i'm mistaken, and Arch is an idiot too, he clearly meant that in terms of logical storytelling it would be entirely unsatisfying for Punk to go over, or not get his comeuppance. It has fuck all to do with being complicit.

It's like In Bruges, Colin Farrell might even play something close to a sympathetic character, but he killed an innocent kid; he couldn't leave the film smiling, whistling and enjoying the rest of his life.

Punk has been an utter prick, and to make it worst he's been an utter prick about someone the WWE Universe has a close connection to and who is now passed, in terms of storyline he has to get battered.

Comeuppance is relative to how prickish you've been, too, so Punk is really due a pasting for this to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

• Paid Members
What difference does it make who is booked to win the match?

Maybe because its all fake and the babyface has to get revenge in the end to make sense of it all? Dont know if you noticed but these stroylines are there for a reason. Its not just random bullshit pasted together. The babyface should get the revenge in the end, otherwise what is the point in this exploitation angle. Thats how wrestling storytelling is meant to go. The horrible heel gets his comeuppance. Its not a "my favourites can do what they want and win in the end because they are cool :)!!!" type show.

• Moderators

Did anyone ever get any comeuppance on Vince Russo during his 2000 reign of terror, now I think about it? He even gave up the World Title without losing it, and made Ric and Reid Flair look like real losers without a sniff of them getting revenge at any point.

• Paid Members

As a younger fan I remember being pissed for ages that D'lo Brown never got revenge on Jeff Jarrett for Summerslam '99. Same with Kane and X-Pac never getting their revenge on Undertaker & Big Show (also from Summerslam '99 strangely).

• Paid Members

I've really no idea what Pol Pot was on about with that post, but what dAz and Ian said is what I was getting at. Basically, they have booked themselves into a position whereby anything other than the blatantly obvious, logical outcome would be hugely unsatisfying, almost offensive. In doing that, they have taken a load of fun out of the match for me. I just want it over with now, pin Punk and move on quickly from this rather uncomfortable mess.

• Paid Members
Has there been a post deleted? The last two posts from Ant and Walton17 are apropos of nothing and at least one of them is almost entirely incomprehensible.

I think they were posting in response to the image Ian posted, but Butternut Squash quickly replied talking about something else first.

Punk emptying the urn onto the Undertaker was so distasteful I didn't know what to do but laugh at what was happening on my screen. The Bearer involvement should have ended the first week undoubtedly, it's provided content, but if anything it has soured the feud somewhat.

The fact that Punk got cheered as fans started a duelling chant of Undertaker-CM Punk made the whole thing a little more strange this week and I imagine it will be similar at Wrestlemania.

Raw on the whole, nothing must see and last week was probably the better go home show before Mania, just hope Sunday's show delivers now.

• Paid Members

I didn't even see the picture Butch posted, let alone post it. They should have known better than to trust WWE when they tell them the angle will be done in a tasteful manner. Since most of WWE has no outside lives and live in the bubble, no fucker has any perspective on what the average person finds distasteful. The Lawler thing showed that (as well as all those angles that news channels showed on TV when Linda was doing her political thing, like Trish barking like a dog and when they put the belt on the Miz). I mean, was the angle (which was pretty shite) REALLY that necessary that they had to upset the grieving sons of the person they were ripping the piss out of? What happened to the wrestlers talking, one attacking the other, the other threatening revenge and then the match? They could have easily just done that. Its not like anyone is buying WrestleMania for Undertaker vs Punk anyway. And even if they are, who is buying it based on the promise of Undertaker hovering up Paul Bearer on Raw and putting him back in the urn.

Also Kama>Punk. He melted that shit down and wore it as bling, daddy.

I know the Cena heel turn talk has been done to death, but there's a voice in the back of my head saying that Cena is going to win with a little help from CM Punk.

Stupid and would make literally no sense. I know there is a very, very slim chance of Cena turning heel and actually I'm all for it, but there is no reason for CM Punk to be involved whatsoever.

Cena is desperate to win, punk wants revenge on Rock, Cena asks for his help knowing that Punk would help him to win, just to see Rock lose. It then goes one of two ways either Punk wanting a shot at the belt as payback or unholy alliance Mark 2. Punks gonna be losing at mania and this would keep him looking good coming out of mania. I'd say that the are good enough reasons...literally!

• Paid Members
Cena is desperate to win, punk wants revenge on Rock, Cena asks for his help knowing that Punk would help him to win, just to see Rock lose. It then goes one of two ways either Punk wanting a shot at the belt as payback or unholy alliance Mark 2. Punks gonna be losing at mania and this would keep him looking good coming out of mania. I'd say that the are good enough reasons...literally!

Jamie-Redknapp.jpgJamie-Redknapp.jpgJamie-Redknapp.jpgJamie-Redknapp.jpgJamie-Redknapp.jpg

Archived