Raw 1/4

ColinBollocks

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't go around saying he's the best in the world if he loses to both. It becomes as meaningless as when Jericho was saying he was the best at what he does.

He's a heel. That's exactly how it works.

Exactly. Heels lie, they are unpleasant people who deceive and cheat - that's how it works.

If anything, the huge profile matches and losses to Rock as well as the recent RAW match with Cena have finally pushed Punk into that "Proper Main Event" bracket now. Ignoring part-timers, it's now Punk and Cena at one level and the likes or Orton and Sheamus just below them (but with a clear gap).

It took a heel turn and the partnership with Heyman, but Punk is finally in that top bracket as a heel. A Wrestlemania against The undertaker will solidify that even more.

• Paid Members
Can't go around saying he's the best in the world if he loses to both. It becomes as meaningless as when Jericho was saying he was the best at what he does.

He's a heel. That's exactly how it works.

Exactly. Heels lie, they are unpleasant people who deceive and cheat - that's how it works.

If anything, the huge profile matches and losses to Rock as well as the recent RAW match with Cena have finally pushed Punk into that "Proper Main Event" bracket now. Ignoring part-timers, it's now Punk and Cena at one level and the likes or Orton and Sheamus just below them (but with a clear gap).

It took a heel turn and the partnership with Heyman, but Punk is finally in that top bracket as a heel. A Wrestlemania against The undertaker will solidify that even more.

I get what you say, but this was a heel who was backing up his claim. Honestly, yes Punk should be annihalated Sunday, but what a sorry way to do it (edit. drop the title after such a great run as champ). Be the next in line of losers in the streak.

• Paid Members

I'd say a face turn is coming more than anything else. Orton will probably be the top heel in 2013 (with Pitcos' nightmare of a long Cena program and a match with Rock at SummerSlam possibly on the cards). They might actually get the face turn correct this time around after the horrendous character he played before. The Cena vs Punk feud is played out, Rock is leaving again, Orton will be turning heel, his matches with Sheamus met with silence and channels turning over. There are no babyfaces left for him to wrestle after this. Unless he's taking a break (which is possible) what else can he do as a heel? Do jobs to Ryback for the next few months (which is actually a strong possibility) or another feud with Big Show?

Punk is in that position Bret Hart found himself in regularly. When its time for someone else to get the huge run with the belt, you can't help but lose a lot of value while others get their turn. Punk might be back in the face camp to feud with Lesnar or stay heel and put Ryback over for a few months. The former seems his best option. If he's hurt (which he must be since he's done little on the road and never worked on TV in a while) Lesnar battering him on Raw and taking a while off to set him up for a match with Lesnar could be his best option. I'd have Heyman accompany Lesnar to the ring at Mania and not be out there for the Punk and Undertaker match. The next night have Punk be like "so where the fuck were you last night?" which leads to Lesnar slapping him about.

• Paid Members

I would be happy with Punk taking some time off. They ought to do this with all the top guys, give them a few months off now and again to stop them from burning out or getting boring. Give someone else a chance to step up. Heel Orton would be cool.

I wouldn't mind Punk feuding with Ryback again when he returns. Ryback never did get a big win over him, he lost all his momentum when he lost to Punk previously. Beating him over the summer could really help him back on track.

I get what you say, but this was a heel who was backing up his claim.

It was a heel who was holding onto a title by cheating and luck then bragging like he was beating people legitimately. And eventually his luck ran out and a babyface overcame the cheating and accomplices and beat him. Same as what happens with every similar heel.

Honestly, yes Punk should be annihalated Sunday, but what a sorry way to do it (edit. drop the title after such a great run as champ). Be the next in line of losers in the streak.

You really are the worst.

• Paid Members

If Punk is taken off tv for a bit after Sunday, which would be a good time to do it following a loss to the Undertaker at WrestleMania - it's tradition to disappear after that, then someone must definitely be turning heel from Cena and Orton for sure. I could see Punk leading a stable again in his future. Having him portray someone disgruntled at the part-time guys and his lack of respect would make sense with his losses to Rock and Undertaker and getting full timer 'work-horses' under his wing, but I suppose it's a bit similar to The Shield deal and would be best if he just realigned with them following the 'injustice' angle. Only then it would mean he'd clash with Brock and it seems unlikely Brock is going to be used as a babyface...but then he could do. He's surely losing to Trips sunday, maybe something will go down that has Brock F5ing Heyman post-match.

Anyway, i'm liking the rumours going into this years 'Mania, leaves a lot of things up in the air and enhancing the intrigue levels of what's going to happen. Punk taking time off, Rock and Brock sticking around for a bit Post-Mania makes me think there will be a big heel turn somewhere.

I love Ian's idea.

Heyman not coming out for Punk/Taker, leading to Punk insulting Heymand and getting splatted by Lesnar.

A few months off would also get rid of the problem of turning him face, everyone comes back a face.

If Punk does take time off, I hope they book Lesnar for a bunch of dates for a 3 month span and make him the top heel. A fresh player in the Raw scene, keeps Heyman active, and once Punk comes back Lesnar can go on holiday to stop him crying about the travel schedule.

That initial report about Lesnar's return contract had to be bollocks, right? "They" were saying he was booked for 30 something dates over a year, but in the build to Extreme Rules, Summerslam and now Wrestlemania, he'd be lucky to have made half that amount, especially when he's still on every other week during those times.

If Punk does take time off, I hope they book Lesnar for a bunch of dates for a 3 month span and make him the top heel. A fresh player in the Raw scene, keeps Heyman active, and once Punk comes back Lesnar can go on holiday to stop him crying about the travel schedule.

That initial report about Lesnar's return contract had to be bollocks, right? "They" were saying he was booked for 30 something dates over a year, but in the build to Extreme Rules, Summerslam and now Wrestlemania, he'd be lucky to have made half that amount, especially when he's still on every other week during those times.

He made 10 appearances between the night after last years wrestlemania until the night after summerslam which was 8 RAW's and two PPVs. I think he has appeared about 4 times on RAW this year plus the Mania match would take him to 15 appearances. So like you said only half of the 30. Maybe he was signed to 15 appearances and not 30 like reported on the news websites.

• Paid Members

Its a maximum of 30 dates. Booking Lesnar for less is beneficial to WWE, because 1) they dont want to over expose him and 2) They can't book him on many PPV outside SummerSlam and WrestleMania events because they will need to spend more on advertising to let the world know he's on it and then they will end up not making much in the way of an increase in revenue. Thats why you see very little of them. He wouldn't mean half as much in WWE or UFC if he was on every week.

He's supposedly doing Extreme Rules, though. So is the Rock, so Extreme Rules seems like its going to do a big buyrate but cost a shitload to put on.

Archived