Raw 1/4

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

There's all kinds of stuff going around about the urn. I always thought the Undertakers ashes were supposed to be in the urn, when he first turned up. Like he was a dead bloke and Paul Bearer had his charred remains in the urn. Then there was stuff flying about that the urn had the remains of all the jobbers Undertaker had bodybagged (but I think that never left our playground). Then his Mam was in it. The Undertaker's story is all fucked up and weird. They should have done a book on it detailing the full story like they did with Kane.

We have seen Undertaker's mothers rotten skeleton on an episode of Raw though, when Kane chokeslammed him though it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the pouring of the ashes over Taker was more unnecesary than disgusting, but I rarely get insulted by anything I see on TV. I really thought when Punk was unscrewing the urn that some kind of smoke, light or lightning bolt kind of thing would have come from it and sent Punk packing as Taker sat up.

I predicted the ashes would be flying over Taker right after Bearer died, so I'm not disgusted at all. It was obvious the direction it was going to go. It's wasn't wholly necessary, but the match was being crowbarred into Mania before Bearer died.

Rock's promo was OK, though rather generic. Felt more like his ones from last year where he was just sodding about a bit. The Cena one was just dragging on and on. That must be the only time in the history of Wrestlemania that the top face has given his impassioned "talk them into the building" Wrestlemania go-home-show promo and had "Boring" chants thrown at him. Not good.

Absolutely. I was shocked as I think that's the first time there have ever been loud sustained "BORING" chants at him.

And for it to have been the big "go-home" promo before WrestleMania was really interesting. It wasn't as though the crowd weren't interested in the show, as most of the other stuff got good crowd reactions.

But as others have said, Cena & Rock basically had nothing to say as they have been going over old ground again for the second year.

Still wasn't as bad as Mr Anderson's promo from last week's Impact though. For rambling nonsense, he really is in a league of his own. :sleeping:

Did anyone notice the one finish got messed up? I think it was Bryan vs Ziggler. The guy kicked out on two but the ref just counted to three. It looked weird.

Yeah, it was Bryan kicking out. Definitely looked a bit crooked.

• Paid Members
The chant is super over, not sure Ryback is though. It's a bit like Del Rio's "ALBERTOOOOO...." ring entrance, everybody loves shouting along to it, even though they're not that arsed about Del Rio.

Agreed in general, but in that instance it didn't happen because he'd started saying it, it happened because he'd done something awesome

The promo with HHH and Michaels was good and as tasteless as the Punk and Taker segment was, it had the desired effect but everything else was a bit flat for a go home show though. Cena and Rock obviously had nothing left to say and bar Jericho/Cesaro, none of the matches were really worth watching.

Definitely looking forward to Wrestlemania now though.

One of my mates questioned why no one has started throwing food at him yet. How hilarious would it be to see a ham sandwich hit him in the face mid arm-flap?

I would desperately love to see this now.

I don't know about real food. But how about the inflatable kind? A few of these being lobbed about when he starts the 'Feed Me More'' shtick could be a giggle. Just thinking about Ryback being overwhelmed by inflatable turkeys and booting them about makes me laugh actually.

Was it really a good idea to have no face to face confrontation of any kind from the two guys in their main event on the go home show? It seems bizarre that Cena would get Rock Bottomed last week and be happy to just come out and talk on his own in the ring and not come out later on when The Rock is in the ring. Obviously there is nothing new they can go over but come up with something?

• Paid Members
Was it really a good idea to have no face to face confrontation of any kind from the two guys in their main event on the go home show? It seems bizarre that Cena would get Rock Bottomed last week and be happy to just come out and talk on his own in the ring and not come out later on when The Rock is in the ring. Obviously there is nothing new they can go over but come up with something?

On the one hand at EVERY go-home show they do a "The loser at the PPV gets the upper hand" thing so with Rock/Cena no face-off at all is a much better way of hiding who's going to win; on the other they've pretty much set Punk's shitkicking in stone with the urn spot. Vince just can't help himself at times.

Archived