Raw 1/4

ColinBollocks

I know it'll be an unpopular opinion but I enjoyed the closing segment a lot while watching it. Admittedly I have a sour taste in my mouth after reading the family's response since its them dealing with the loss of a loved one. Yeah Paul Bearer might not have minded but hes dead so its not like he can be upset, to put it bluntly. WWE should really have thought more about his family.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I think they were posting in response to the image Ian posted

*ahem*

Whoops sorry, I blame using my mobile for using the forum. To see a whole post I have to scroll so far to the right that I can't see any avatars or names. Shitty browser.

Did anyone ever get any comeuppance on Vince Russo during his 2000 reign of terror, now I think about it? He even gave up the World Title without losing it, and made Ric and Reid Flair look like real losers without a sniff of them getting revenge at any point.

Wasn't that the whole problem with the nWo eventually - that they never got their comeuppance? From what I've seen of WCW post nWo over the years, it's usually the heels cooling it over the faces, who come across as dorks mainly. Goldberg was different - he just tore through the bad guys.

• Moderators
Actually, the son's words have been misconstrued:

http://pwinsider.com/article/76606/wwe-res...s-post.html?p=1

the article from that link -

WWE sent us the following tonight in response to what we reprinted earlier today from Michael Moody's Facebook page. I just checked Michael's page and he has not added an addendum there. What follows is a copy of what WWE sent us.

Please see the following text messages from Michael Moody to WWE which is being used with his permission.

It is being shared with you because your article, based on Mr. Moody

• Paid Members

This whole time, I've been assuming that it was THE urn that's been in Bearer's possession since he started managing Taker, which I assumed held the ashes of his parents (as well as a big fuckoff spotlight, obviously). It was only when I saw that thing from his son that I realised it was supposed to be Bearer's ashes. So it's, what, a different urn? Or was Undertaker in thrall to an empty urn with a spotlight in it this whole time? Shit, the most offensive thing about this is how much it fucks with the backstory.

• Moderators
This whole time, I've been assuming that it was THE urn that's been in Bearer's possession since he started managing Taker, which I assumed held the ashes of his parents (as well as a big fuckoff spotlight, obviously). It was only when I saw that thing from his son that I realised it was supposed to be Bearer's ashes. So it's, what, a different urn? Or was Undertaker in thrall to an empty urn with a spotlight in it this whole time? Shit, the most offensive thing about this is how much it fucks with the backstory.

The urn is a scientific anomaly and is massive on the inside, hence the spotlight. Every time a member of their family dies they just add the ashes to the rest that are in there. Voila.

I know they had that match on the first RAW after Bearer's death, but don't you think Kane would still be equally offended, if not more so, by Punk's actions regarding his Father... I know Kane is likely facing Ziggler/Langston at WM, but even so, is there a storyline reason for him not wanting to be involved?

As I recall, Kama nicked the urn back in '95 he melted it down and made a necklace out of it. When Taker got the chain back, Bearer was supposed to have reforged them into the Urn.

Plus, didn't Kane and Bearer drag their caskets into the ring?

So, I don't think that the ashes of Takers Parents were ever supposed to be in there in storyline terms.

• Paid Members
Actually, the son's words have been misconstrued:

http://pwinsider.com/article/76606/wwe-res...s-post.html?p=1

Paul Bearers sons get upset. WWE sends them money to shut the fuck up because they dont want any bad publicity during their biggest week of the year. Paul Bearer is dropped from storylines after Sunday and they dont need to deal with them ever again. This happens all the time in WWE. The Harts and the Guerreros and Pillmans wife had to suffer for their pay days as well.

So, I don't think that the ashes of Takers Parents were ever supposed to be in there in storyline terms.

Well they definitely were. When the stuff about the fire came out, the story was the parents ashes were in the urn.

I'm confused - I thought there was an angle on Raw all those years ago where Kane chokeslammed Undertaker into his mothers coffin. I'm sure I remember him laying there with bones and soil and maggots around him and JR going 'He's laying in his Mothers casket!'.

I mean, admittedly, that was, like, 15 years ago so I could be remembering wrong.

Archived