RAW 18/3

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

I'm still not too keen on Fandango, but that's largely because I thought he was brilliant as Johnny Curtis. He never got an opportunity on the main shows, but on NXT he was fantastic as the greasy, leather jacket wearing sleazy heel. 'Let's Get Weird' was a cracking little catchphrase for him. The problem I have with the Fandango character is that I don't see any longevity in it at all. I hope I'm wrong on this, but I reckon it'll be downhill all the way from the moment he actually has his first match.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Swagger-Del Rio get shit on , but in a strange way I think that could make for interesting telly if they decide to have Dolph cash in and win. I could see Del Rio - Swagger being shat on than the NY crowd going nuts for Dolph coming and saving them from it.

The Del Rio - Swagger thing is total shit. 'Mania is the time to pull the trigger on Dolphs cash in and sweep Del Rio vs Swagger stuff under the carpet.

Who does Ziggler feud with if he wins the World Title? He seems to have fought (and lost to) everyone so many times over the last year. We would get a few rematches with Del Rio, and I guess a 3-way with Del Rio and Swagger might work, but then what?

• Paid Members
But Fandango is just Sleazy Johnny Curtis with a fancy entrance and trousers.

Maybe yeah. I'm usually all over cartoon gimmicks like this, but I just worry that once the glitter comes off those fancy trousers and they get bored of giving TV time to that over elaborate entrance that he'll quickly be forgotten about and I'll only get to see him if I make the effort to watch Main Event on the internet.

Who does Ziggler feud with if he wins the World Title? He seems to have fought (and lost to) everyone so many times over the last year. We would get a few rematches with Del Rio, and I guess a 3-way with Del Rio and Swagger might work, but then what?

Ryback? Miz? Sheamus? Daniel Bryan?

• Moderators

I don't buy Ziggler on anyone worth a shit's level though. If he does cash in, he's just going to be Jack Swagger 2K13. May as well have him lose the cash in match. He's not that interesting, and I don't see why everyone thinks he's so great like some second coming of Curt Hennig other than the fact he also has super noodles for hair.

• Paid Members

They should have turned him face instead of the Miz. He's got a far better personality for it. I'm pretty bored of him now, he's had the case too long, and they need to do something different with him.

• Paid Members

The problem with Ziggler is that he's not main event material and he's too good for the mid-card. He's already done everything except win the big titles but if he becomes Champ I can't see what they could do with him that'd be exciting or worth watching. A tricky one.

• Paid Members

He looks like a McDonald's kids meal toy come to life. His tan and shit hair are nauseating. He's all colours. And not Royal Rumble 93 colours either. Blinding epileptic fit inducing colours. Also he cuts by the numbers promos, which I'm not into. Great wrestler, mind. Just not someone I'd like to see as world champion. He's basically John Morrison for me. Gets the same treatment as well.

Its also worth looking into the fact that Swagger and Del Rio is likely to be the shite opener which goes 8 minutes and ends with Dutch Mantell curling his beard. Ziggler cashing it in would seem a bit odd in the opener. Especially when he has to go out and do some other shite later on. Unless it gets bumped to the dark match. Which considering Daniel Bryan is in it would be typical (and funny).

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'm desperate for something different to be done with the MITB than the same old cash in post match. When Jericho got involved in the IC title last week I thought he may take it and then have a match set up with Ziggler...then Ziggler gets involved in the tag title match as he has. And then claim he's going to cash in as well and do something unprecedented at WrestleMania in winning 3 titles. Not that I'd have him win all 3 if he was to do that. Be great fit for his 'show off ' shiz. I can just see him cashing in at 'Mania with the way he's been handled and the way the World title feud is dying on its arse. Plus...I think he could come away looking a bit of a twar for not using his cash in at the big dance when he's only in a tag match.

I agree he'd have been a much better face turn than Miz. They missed a trick when they separated him from Vickie. He was with her so long and it was teased so many times that when he finally did ditch her it should have been a big deal, took place on a stage like 'Mania and turned him baby in the process. I think Dolph could really make a cracking face. I wouldn't mind the MITB angle being used to turn him either, but I don't know how that would play out currently. I think a turn could do him a big favour as he's lost to everyone as a heel so nobody takes him seriously. That sort of thing can often suddenly change everything with a turn, depending on it plays out.

I miss the big defining turns at 'Mania that progress a wrestler nicely. Hasn't been one for years now.

Ryback? Miz? Sheamus? Daniel Bryan?

Ryback has fought him numerous times and dominated him every match. Ziggler/Miz for the World Title would be laughable and Miz is an awful face. Ziggler/Sheamus has happened too many times. I will give you Bryan, but he has been stuck with Team Hell No against mid-card tag teams for so long that I don't see him as someone who could jump into a World Title feud.

Turning him face would probably be the best thing that they could do with Ziggler, as he would at least have someone new to fight.

Archived