RAW 18/3

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

With only a few weeks of build now left, WWE have nicely moved things along for most of their big matches.

As far as contract signings go the Triple H/Heyman/Lesnar one was good fun. Heyman was truly excellent, he cut a promo that was deserving of a smack, and Triple H didn't mind. Triple H really went for it, even exposing some Heyman titty (which the audience gasped at in horror). I wasn't arsed with this match, but this segment really peaked my interest.

I thought the stipulation was a bit of an anti-climax, though. Part of that had to do with me hoping they'd do some farce MMA match, with Triple H winning by Pedigree.

Punk continues to tread the line wonderfully; cutting a decent promo on 'Taker, while he treats the urn like it's a football. This match needed something so extreme, because it had little going for it, before Bearer died. It's also turned into a different build than what we've been getting for the last few year ("I'm going to end the Streak, grr!"), the incentive is to watch Punk get his skinny fat arse kicked, rather than the streak. All leading to a really satisfying tribute to Paul Bearer, post-match.

No idea what was going on with Titus O'Neil, but he's great.

I'm digging the simplistic build we're getting for Rock/Cena II. Frankly, it doesn't need much, just a few good promos from both men.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Haven't seen it yet but so far the OP is the most positive review (of sorts) that I've read about the show. Lots of peopel seem to be slating it this morning. It's not THAT bad, is it?

Also, am I the only one who thinks the Fandango stuff is brilliant? Lots of internet criticism again and although it's reptitive, its repetitive to the point where it's getting people legitimately pissed off, which can only be a good thing. Not sure if he should be on the 'Mania card yet but I'm guessing the Jericho stuff wont lead to that, and instead there'll be some kind of involvement with Barrett and The Miz.

• Paid Members
Well that's no use to me. I'm mostly interested in knowing if the unimportant stuff was entertaining or not.

Otherwise known as the 'Daniel Bryan factor', Mr. Rockwell.

Out of interest, what are folk whinging about? Everything on the show? That's mental, if they are.

• Paid Members
Well that's no use to me. I'm mostly interested in knowing if the unimportant stuff was entertaining or not.

Otherwise known as the 'Daniel Bryan factor', Mr. Rockwell.

Out of interest, what are folk whinging about? Everything on the show? That's mental, if they are.

The punk angle is particular seems to have been particularly poor received. In with you black jack, I thought it was tops. I was mesmerised by punk juggling the urn, wondering if he was going to drop it. And then he did. Excellent.

I also loved the Titus o Neil stuff, although it didn't do anyone any favours.

The ryback Henry stuff was incredibly clumsy, and surely has to end with ryback winning. Goodness knows he needs a big win, and you don't get too much bigger than menry right now.

Surely we're building to a Cody face turn? I have a horrible suspicion that won't work at all

I thought the stipulation was a bit of an anti-climax, though. Part of that had to do with me hoping they'd do some farce MMA match, with Triple H winning by Pedigree.

Same. Really enjoyed the show, and even stayed up til the end instead of going to bed halfway through, but the actual stipulation left me a bit cold. I was hoping for a Triple H win in the octagon with the pedigree too. And really, a retirement stip against a guy who will only wrestle once or twice a year anyway?

Didn't care for much at all this week, the triple threat IC match was good, but that aside, very very flat in my opinion. And as for inducting Booker T almost as a throwaway into the HOF, a total disgrace, who thinks of this shite, they should have waited until a Mania nearer to his roots, or at least put some thought into it, i would have personally liked to see a proper in depth DVD Documentary, hell if Punk can keep me engrossed for 2 hours think of what they could do with Bookers story, his upbringing, going to jail etc etc.

Release the DVD sometime before Mania, then let him headline the HOF, he deserves it.

• Moderators

All the non-wrestlemania stuff is the best stuff at the moment, isn't it? Fandango's music, Fandango's gimmick, Fandango's music, Fandango himself, Titus O'Neil. WWE need to get the WM stuff firing, and not just the fun inconsequential stuff.

I said stuff a lot.

Skip this show. I found even the important stuff very naff. The Cena stuff was pretty lame, no Rock promo anywhere to be found (taped or live) and the stip for the Brock vs HHH match left me very cold.

Even the Punk promo wasnt very good.

All in all a poor episode of RAW with only one decent match, the IC title one.

Archived