RAW 18/3

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

Stip for Lesnar/HHH sucks. They should bring back the old Ken Shamrock Lions Den for this match. It would be something new at least, and it'd be a good angle "Can Triple H beat Brock Lesnar in his world?" kind of thing. A no dq match will just be their Summerslam match(which was good but not terrific) with a segment where someone gets hit on the back with a chair a million times in a row.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I laughed out loud at Punk making the urn talk, what a bastard he is. Taker has got to do something next week though, looked a bit of a tit so far. Jericho's Fandango names were quite funny and well delivered too. The comedy crown goes to Pancake Patterson though, what a guy!

Enjoyed the WM build, everything got some progression. The build for WM the past few years has become fairly formulaic but it does the job. Most weeks every match gets some build but none are too "story" heavy, normally just your basic "action, retaliate etc" and with the same part-timers coming in for the past few years, WM season does have a familiar feel. Again, that's not to say that's bad.

Anyone else notice Lawler's music playing over the HHH/Lesnar contract hype? Guess someone clicked on the wrong "king" seeing as King of Kings played every time after that :laugh:

• Paid Members
Guess someone clicked on the wrong "king" seeing as King of Kings played every time after that :laugh:

I love it when something little goes wrong and it's THAT obvious what happened.

Titus O'Neil is a hero. He got the crowd going a bit and that crowd was fucking rubbish.

Fandango. They're milking it too much. After literally years of the same promo which hovers on a close up of his cock, I'm just bored of the tease. My proverbial hard-on waned months ago. This is getting a bit too sexual. (I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run...etc).

Not a bad show overall, but then I watched it on youtube and the guy had edited out all the repeats/recaps so it felt pretty slick.

• Paid Members

Watched it all now, albeit skipping through the non-important stuff as usual (i.e. the matches). Glad they went with a clean finish for the three-way, as it pretty much quashes any hope of it blemishing the Wrestlemania card. Plus it seems the seeds are now sown for a Jericho/Fandango match at Mania, which I'm looking forward to as a quick filler.

Fandango is brilliant. Is he really getting slated elsewhere? He plays the part very well and just oozes sleaze and filth. He can certainly provoke mancrushes I reckon. I don't actually think I've seen a Johnny Curtis match. Is he any good?

Punk/Taker is shaping up well. Ok so Punk possesses less threat than the last two guys but it's still quite captivating and they could have a damn good match.

Not fussed about the career on the line stip for HHH/Brock, I'm a bit sick of that stip to be honest. Was hoping for HITC, even though the chances of them doing it to years running would be slim to none. At least it'll be No Holds Barred. Looking forward to it.

Glad they've made a tag match, but I'd love them to add NAO and PTP and make it a four-way. Titus was hilarious tonight, the flattening fools line had me creasing up!

Hopefully they should change things up with The Shield after Mania. They've lost momentum and poncing around with two glorified jobbers in Orton and Ryback doesn't help. Getting sick of Ryback now, boring and buried. An 8-man doesn't appeal to me so hopefully they keep Shield & Menry matches separate.

All in all not bad, shapes up the Mania card quite nicely.

Really enjoyed Punk's promo. Everything about it from dropping the Urn to saying he just wants to end the streak (even by DQ or count out.)

Was a little deflated by the contract signing. When I saw a small cut on Heyman's head I was sure Triple H would use his blood to sign the contract... Heyman getting Triple H's corporate job would have made more sense to me, but as long as the match actually delivers this time I don't really care.

On the whole I would say I enjoyed the show

• Paid Members

Mike Johnson at Pro Wrestling Insider:

3 - From time to time, I see WWE use some Global Wrestling Federation material, usually Booker T matches, online. Do they own the ESPN GWF tapes?

I don't believe so, but I don't know 100% either way. When I've asked people within the company about the use of those tapes, no one seemed to know what the situation was. I was always under the impression that the Savoldi family had acquired the rights to use that material, but it's possible that Grey Pierson, who backed the promotion still has the tapes. It could be that WWE quietly came to terms with them (which does happen, such as when they acquired the Rick Bassman UPW tapes) or that some footage was included in the Kevin Von Erich/World Class tape library when those Texas tapes were acquired. No one seems to have a clear answer.

Its nice to see the amount of love for Fandango on here, the fan reaction has been pretty negative toward him on other sites I visit. Its very early days and its the type of gimmick that could die a death quickly but Johnny Curtis has been excellent so far in my opinion, the guy just oozes a sleazy presence and he seems to be 100% into the character with his portrayal. Ive been enjoying Chris Jericho since he returned and Im glad the rumoured Fandango/Y2J Mania match is becoming a reality, I can see these two having a very entertaining match and its something FRESH at least.

It saddens me to say it but the big time matches for this years Mania have yet to grab me. Im finding it very hard to get excited about Rock/Cena 2. So much for "Once in a lifetime" that was on all the posters last year. Im also convinced that this is going to be a trilogy, Cena will win this year and we will get Rock/Cena 3 at Wrestlemania 30 in 2014. Ive been enjoying the Rock since he returned at the beginning of the year, Hes been as sharp as ever on the microphone and I enjoyed his programme with CM Punk. I just wish we were getting something fresh rather than Rock vs. Cena yet again.

As absolutely fantastic as Paul Heyman is I cannot get into the build for Triple H/Brock. I was done with this programme after Summerslam last year and I didnt enjoy it much then either. That being said I think it will be an intense and exciting match on the night. The announcement of the stipulation seemed to fall really flat, if this was back in the Attitude era you know they would have gone with the Stephanie stipulation that Heyman teased Triple H with.

Paul Bearers death has added a great boost of heat to the Undertaker/CM Punk match, CM Punk is perfectly hateable in his current role. There is no chance that hes ending the streak though.

Team Hell No vs. Ziggy and Big E, Ryback/Mark Henry and the Shield vs. Show/Orton/Sheamus matches are being built up perfectly well for their places on the card.

This post may come across as overly negative but Im still looking forward to Wrestlemania, I think the card is shaping up to be one that really delivers the goods on the night. Im just finding this to be one of the most predictable and safe build ups to a Mania in recent memory.

Im looking forward to getting to the destination, but the journey is rather uninspiring.

Archived