RAW 18/3

ColinBollocks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An underwhelming show on the whole this week with one good match (ic title) and not much else positive.

The opening promo was nearly as bad as the Miz/Barrett/Y2J promo from last week and PTP should be nowhere near Cena (they are at different ends of the roster and the segment benefited no one).

A couple more matches were announced for 'Mania in Ryback vs. Mark Henry and Team Hell No vs. Ziggler and Langston. Ryback needs to convincingly beat Henry or his gimmick is dead. Problem is that I can see Cena/Henry in a few months time and having Henry lose convincingly would be bad for the build-up to that match. Don't care too much about Hell No/Ziggler/Langston, but with Ziggler winning a few matches recently it looks like he will be winning the World title at 'Mania or soon after.

Fandango gets a fancy entrance this week but again doesn't actually wrestle. The character has mid-card/lower mid-card written all over it if he ever actually debuts in the ring. On the subject of Fandango, who is his valet? Also, from anyone has seen him wrestle, is Curtis any good?

Where is Antonio Cesaro?

The Punk/Taker promo was fine and again makes everyone want to see Taker beat the hell out of him at Wrestlemania. Also, apparently Punk is injured (from the match with Kane last week) and will not wrestle on house shows until after Wrestlemania.

Three pages and no one has complained about there being another Kofi/Ziggler match? Disappointing! ;)

Lesnar being on Raw this week was pointless as he did nothing. Why did he not come out with Heyman for the contract signing?

That 3 way was quite fun considering my lack of interest in the participants. Something like that would've been perfectly acceptable fare to pass 10 minutes at Wrestlemania. If anything, it was a bit too heavy on the 2.999s and frantic saves for a weekly show.

Well the big matches at WrestleMania are going to heavily feature near-falls. Something that low on the card probably wouldn't be allowed to, whereas they were able to to in a de facto Raw main event.

Can't believe it's took them this long to bring up the Cena / Young lookalike subject though.

It hasn't. It was brought up in the Nexus days as well, Cena made jokes about it.

They should shitcan Darren Young and team up Pancake Patterson with Pretty Ricky for a tag team run. Pancake 'n Pretty are money.

As R-Truth's gone back to pre-mental R-Truth now, I've no interest in him. I'd love to see Pretty Ricky replace him. At the very least, Pretty Ricky and Pancake could have a Youtube show.

Lesnar being on Raw this week was pointless as he did nothing. Why did he not come out with Heyman for the contract signing?

Have you not been watching? He didn't come out because he didn't want Triple H getting his hands on him before signing the contract.

• Paid Members

A mundane and disappointing Raw considering how close they are to Wrestlemania. I guess they will just let the contests speak for themselves. Punk and Fandango are the highlights, plus a great addition to the HOF for Booker T. Seeing the vignette for his induction really made me realise how much he's done. What were the Bellas doing there?

Thought Raw was decent enough overall,the shit crowd made the show seem far worse.

Punk's promo and the ''oh shit'' that wasn't bleeped out in the replay was excellent.

Fandango was great fun again too,Jericho and his blatantl falsely enthusiastic promos are starting to annoy me a bit though.

HHH/Heyman segement dragged on a bit but got the job done.Heyman was brilliant as usual.The no DQ stip is a bit of a let down,was hoping they might have at least thrown in Steph as a special ref or something,just to see Brock intimidate her a bit.

• Paid Members

Add me to the list of those left feeling underwhelmed by the HHH stipulation. Totally predictable and unoriginal match type and the retirement stipulation doesn't really add too much drama when the guy pretty much only came out of retirement for this fight anyway.

Aside from that, the actual build up has been great so far and I'm confident that the match will be a tremendous intense bloody brawl.

• Paid Members

For Booker's video they actually had the nerve to use the "We comin fo' YOU..." clip, just before the most famous part of it.

• Paid Members

For the first time in god knows how long, I forgot to read the Raw results this morning, which is nice as I can watch the show spoiler free tonight. I've only watched the opening segment so far (so I haven't read any other posts in this thread), but I just wanted to quickly come on here and say that Titus was gold in that segment. Strap a rocket to him, he's bloody brilliant. Anyway, back to the show.

Yeah, the career stip doesn't really work for me, considering I can quite believe he'll never wrestle again even if he does win the match. And Triple H going from super confident about winning to looking all concerned just because of that seemed bizarre. The build up's been strong otherwise though, and I'm still looking forward to what should be a fun, wild brawl (hoping for something along the lines of Foley/Triple H), and it should benefit from being the only match like that on the card.

Also, does anyone else think this year's Hall Of Fame class seems awfully deep compared to past years (and considering the scope for future years)? Foley and Sammartino could each carry an entire ceremony on their own as "headliners" and each of the others are very strong "upper midcard" supporting inductions.

Archived