RAW 18/3

ColinBollocks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I still haven't got around to watching this week's show but I find it nuts that people don't like Fandango. He's brilliant.

I'm glad I'm sheltered from these other shitty websites full of idiots.

I'm enjoying him too, but they are walking a fine line with the debut teases before people stop caring. One more is ok, then throw him in there with Jericho in the opener of Mania based on their interaction this week and Y2J's Dancing with the Stars past.

• Paid Members
I still haven't got around to watching this week's show but I find it nuts that people don't like Fandango. He's brilliant.

I'm glad I'm sheltered from these other shitty websites full of idiots.

I'm enjoying him too, but they are walking a fine line with the debut teases before people stop caring. One more is ok, then throw him in there with Jericho in the opener of Mania based on their interaction this week and Y2J's Dancing with the Stars past.

It hasn't been the same every time though, it's got closer and closer to the match actually starting. I was convinced this was his proper debut this time after the swanky entrance. I concur with Chests post above. Fandango is awesome.

• Moderators

I think it's a great example of them having done a slow build well. If I can use as an example for contrast - the Masterlock Challenges for Chris Masters' debut. This went on week in and week out for what felt like forever, because they did little to vary it up. Yes, they established the move pretty well, I'll give them credit for that... but I did stop caring about the segments themselves.

Something like this done well is so much better than just some pre-taped vignettes and a debut squashing Scotty 2 Hotty*. He's there, he's interacting with the audience and getting them riled up, but they're still holding him back and building up anticipation for the debut. Fantastic.

* whoever the equivalent is nowadays. I'm sure you can tell I'm out of the loop from all my references.

Something like this done well is so much better than just some pre-taped vignettes and a debut squashing Scotty 2 Hotty*.

* whoever the equivalent is nowadays. I'm sure you can tell I'm out of the loop from all my references.

You can take your pic from any of the mid to lower card to be honest, depending on how they feel that week. Anyone from Yoshi Tatsu to Kofi Kingston is up for grabs.

• Paid Members

Saving him for 'Mania is the smart move. He'll be in there with Jericho too, who'll do his best to make Fandango look like he's worth the wait.

I caught his entrance, this morning. Folk not appreciating that are divs. I also like that he clearly can't dance much, perfect for a heel that claims to be a great dancer.

The USA chants on RAW while Swagger was gloating after breaking Ricardo's ankle should have set alarm bells off. Combined with the total apathy shown towards the World Heavyweight Champion, they should be very concerned. This whole thing is a total bust!

They got a rise out of Glen Beck, but then decided to not pursue it and let things go quiet. Surely the whole point of this was to piss some people off a bit and get the free publicity that comes with it. If they have bailed on that already (and toned down Zeb's stuff) then all you are left with is a really half arsed "Swager's a bit of a racist" story, which is wafer thin and lame.

The first couple of Zeb promos were met with decent heat, but as he's been toned back, you are left with people just chanting boring. They should stick Swagger/Del Rio on the Pre-Show event and get Pancake Patterson/Pretty Ricky on the WM main card instead! Pancake & Pretty Vrs The New Age Outlaws. Much better.

• Paid Members
Anyone think Dutch and Swagger are getting the big babyface reaction at Mania then? Del Rio is such a shit babyface he's worse than casual racism. I can see the live crowd giving him some stick.

I doubt it. Swagger is so shit I don't think it's possible for him to get a big reaction of any kind.

I'd like them to hold off the actual debut until WrestleMania now.

Surely a bit overkill if they're seemingly already doing that with Big E?

Is anybody really going to notice? I didn't even realise he hadn't had a match yet until your post.

Add me to Fandwagon, he is class.

Archived