RAW 18/3

ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
And really, a retirement stip against a guy who will only wrestle once or twice a year anyway?

See, I kind of like it, because with him having a high-up office position on screen, the fact that he's wrestling at all shows that while he wants to climb the corporate ladder, he just can't let go of the fighter in him. It's been his whole life for decades, and now Lesnar wants to take it away for him and leave him stuck impotent in the office. Wouldn't work for everyone, but it works for Triple H. I buy that he's got something meaningful in jeopardy.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What was i asking for last week? (and got slated for)

HHH to show some kind of fear, and what did i get the retirement stip and HHH selling it. Perfect now something is on the line with the added NHB this is shaping up to be a hell of a match.

I still dont care about Punk and Taker, god only knows how they would have sold it if PB had not of died.

Raw is all about this man. :thumbsup:

RAW_1034_Photo_038_display_image.jpg

tumblr_mjvvn52Azr1qiwd8jo1_500.png

Fucking hell, is that a real gimmick? I need to see this, that looks insane. I've not watched Raw for a year now.

• Paid Members
Yeah the Lesnar/Triple H stipulation is pretty stupid considering their match at Summerslam was No DQ as well so it's practically the same.

A match putting your career on the line is no where near the same.

Not too enamoured by that tag title match at all, it'll just be another RAW match. That's why they should've went with a gauntlet/turmoil thing imo; for the novelty, chance to get half the midcard on the show with a few seconds to shine, and they could all be out and back through the curtain within 20 minutes.

Big E langston's a bit shit too. Robotic, not as big as Ryback and without the presence, and has an awful finisher that looks like the guy falls onto him.

That 3 way was quite fun considering my lack of interest in the participants. Something like that would've been perfectly acceptable fare to pass 10 minutes at Wrestlemania. If anything, it was a bit too heavy on the 2.999s and frantic saves for a weekly show. A repeat of that with Fandango or something thrown in would be ok for Mania. With 7 matches already on and no women, it's looking like only one more spot at most though, and that'll surely be some hastily arranged 10/12 man tag or something.

• Moderators
It's FANDANGO!

No no no no, Butch. You need to breeaaaathe the A's. Hold the N's!

Hahaha! Johnny Curtis is just so brilliantly slimy and wonderfully greasy. Everything I love in a heel. He could be Jimmy Del Ray 2K13.

• Paid Members
It's FANDANGO!

No no no no, Butch. You need to breeaaaathe the A's. Hold the N's!

Hahaha! Johnny Curtis is just so brilliantly slimy and wonderfully greasy. Everything I love in a heel. He could be Jimmy Del Ray 2K13.

Indeed.

'Don't be afraid of all this masculinity, melady'

Fandango is utterly tremendous, loving every bit of it. Curtis plays it superbly, he's awesome and seems like a right laugh. I'm really pleased for him that he's gotten over so quickly and he's getting some big treatment. He'll be a great addition to the mid-card.

I thought it was quite a nifty little Raw to be honest. A perfect level Raw to have this far from 'Mania. Most 'Mania issues were moved along nicely. And although i wish it was The Shield vs Team Hell No for the tag titles at 'Mania, i like what they've done on Smackdown and this weeks Raw to involve Ryback in it but still set-up Ryback - Henry and the 6 man with Show. I thought that was all handled decently and the angle on Smackdown was brilliant. Menry is so money in everything he does and although there's a chance they may not mix well i'm all over him and Ryback clobbering the shit out of each other. Just two big hosses who both constantly trash talk off mic. I love that about them and love them both.

Ziggler is surely cashing in at 'Mania isn't he? The way he's kind of been brushed aside but now added to the card to make it not seem so obvious...and Cole mentioning he's got the contract until Money in the Bank. And it feels like the Swagger angle isn't going to survive too long, so it would the perfect way to immediately shift Del Rios focus on to Ziggler after besting Swagger.

Highlights of the night were by far - Titus O'Neill aka Rufus "Pancake" Patterson. That's "Pancake" cos he flattens fools! Can't believe it's took them this long to bring up the Cena / Young lookalike subject though.

And also Fandango. I've seen nothing but hate on Fandango on other forums since his debut but I like the guy! The name is shit, but Curtis has a great look and is doing well on the mic. Hopefully he can run with this.

I like that they got Titus on the mic in a major segment. Push that man already. It just went on too long. Unestablished guys should be getting regular concise mic bits like Sandow and Cesaro (or better - pretaped skits), not these drawn out things that can expose or turn everyone against the segment (see Maddox). This crowd were shit anyway though, pretty much killed what was a pretty lacklustre show in the first place. That hilarious Punk segment, the surprisingly good triple threat and Henry's appearance were the standouts. Hated the closing angle. Just fucking awkward stuff with an underwhelming pay-off. HHH sold the stip well though.

I still can't gauge where it's going with Fandango. Is he getting proper heat or Get The Fuck Off My Telly Heat? Not to say the former can't morph into the latter. I like him, he seems to have the sleaze factor nailed down. Again though, just feels unnecessarily drawn out.

Archived