DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Juno's about as real as tweets people make up pretending their girlfriend has left them a note saying "Going out for the evening. There's beer in the fridge and Pizza on the way. I bought you FIFA 18 and my hot sister will be around about 9 to blow you". It might be the most unlikeable film I've ever watched.

17 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I tried to watch Super when it made Astro's end of year film list. It's fucking terrible and I couldn't finish it.

I thought his list was alright, personally.  A decent read.

• Paid Members

I can see why Super wouldn't be to everyone's taste, but I thought it was pretty good. The guy who made it went on to do Guardians of the Galaxy so it must have gotten him noticed by the right people.

As for Ellen Page, she was in Inception right? Is there some circle jerk on hating that? Thought it was pretty well received.

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Juno's about as real as tweets people make up pretending their girlfriend has left them a note saying "Going out for the evening. There's beer in the fridge and Pizza on the way. I bought you FIFA 18 and my hot sister will be around about 9 to blow you". It might be the most unlikeable film I've ever watched.

Took me a few go's of reading that before i realised 'real as tweets' wasn't one of Junos snappy little catchphrases.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Au said:

As for Ellen Page, she was in Inception right? Is there some circle jerk on hating that? Thought it was pretty well received.

Yeah it was but I thought it was dull and plodding crap, the usual Chris Nolan fare in other words.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Au said:

I can see why Super wouldn't be to everyone's taste, but I thought it was pretty good. The guy who made it went on to do Guardians of the Galaxy so it must have gotten him noticed by the right people.

ahhhh. Inception A film on first viewing that I thought was amazing due to all the visuals, but realized on a repeat viewing its just pretty looking bollocks. 

Hard Candy though was decent

I fell asleep for about 10 minutes in the middle of Inception when I first saw it, so I thought I'd missed something important which is why I was bored and confused for the rest of the film.

On second viewing, I realised that it's just shite.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Hardly a controversial opinion on here I think. TDK doesn't hold up well at all on repeat viewings imo.

Better than Rises though.

Oh that is the pits. Though atleast it gave us Tom Hardy's Bane, an impression I always enjoy using

• Paid Members

Ah now here...c'mon now.
I'll give you Rises being a load of gik for the most part, but The Dark Knight was excellent, in my opinion. It was a movie that didn't treat its target audience like idiots and laid a foundation for the subsequent evolution of comic book movies.

But the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, and all that. People get thick with me over my dislike of Goodfellas.

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Ah now here...c'mon now.
I'll give you Rises being a load of gik for the most part, but The Dark Knight was excellent, in my opinion. It was a movie that didn't treat its target audience like idiots and laid a foundation for the subsequent evolution of comic book movies.

But the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, and all that. People get thick with me over my dislike of Goodfellas.

I'm with Malbranque. I love Dark Knight, it's one of those films I can just stick on any time and enjoy the whole way through. Can't get on with Rises, though. Underwhelmed the first time, dozed off the second time, haven't seen it since.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

It was a movie that didn't treat its target audience like idiots and laid a foundation for the subsequent evolution of comic book movies.

You mean like Man of Steel and Batman Vs Superman? Certainly did nothing to aid the MCU and that thrived