Get The Fuck Off My Screen

Professor Paul's Bin

• Paid Members

I don't see what people see so great in Barrett. I don't mind him at all and he is decent in the ring, but he's a long way from amazing. There's something about his manner and talking style that i can't take seriously and find unconvincing for lack of a better word, but he is decent in the ring. I'd be gutted if he became the first English WWE champion like so many of you seem to be desperate for.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Depends on how well Magnus grows, I reckon. He started as a big lad with a good look and not much more, but he's really grown since, both on the mike and in the ring. If TNA don't pull out all the stops to keep him, I could see him going to WWE in a couple of years' time.

• Paid Members

If they hire Magnus though they might aswell give Barrett the boot. They are far too similar.

I like Wade and think he has alot of potential, just like most of the roster they need to give him a proper storyline and something to do so he can develop as a character and performer. He can go far if he gets the right breaks.

• Paid Members

I like Pitcos' idea of Punk vs Kofi. There's tremendous potential in Kofi, just nothing worthwhile is ever done with him, he desperately needs some sort of driven purpose. If Punk is taken away from the WWE title scene for a bit i wouldn't mind them paired together to give Kofi a step-up. I'm certain they would match well together and provide good matches. Kofi could be a Rey Mysterio level babyface if they really wanted i reckon and Punk is a nifty heel who could help get him there.

I'm going to make it my mission to get to the bottom of why Pitcos loves Kofi so much. I will report back with my findings in several weeks....

I like him too, he's a fantastic good guy, I don't think it's so hard to see why. As the post above touches upon, he's likeable and the WWE's best babyface after Rey (in the midcard at least), he puts on good athletic matches, and he's a great flyer if like me, that sort of thing counts for anything. Unfortunately, he just sort of lingers in the spot he seems to have always had. They never really give him anything interesting to get his teeth into, just matches most weeks v other midcard guys.

Agree on having no interest watching Wade Barrett and that the Miz is one of the most ridiculous looking wrestlers in a real promotion. He really doesn't belong in that gear at all. Neither does Jericho for that matter. A shame too, as their previous kit was ideal for both of them.

I don't see what people see so great in Barrett. I don't mind him at all and he is decent in the ring, but he's a long way from amazing. There's something about his manner and talking style that i can't take seriously and find unconvincing for lack of a better word, but he is decent in the ring. I'd be gutted if he became the first English WWE champion like so many of you seem to be desperate for.

I'm not that fussed about him being an English WWE Champion out of national pride (unless it's subconscious), but I've liked him since NXT. He was far and away the best character on there. He's got a great swagger and smugness about him that I do find convincing... His demeanor and expressions when he was bullying Cena were some of the best in wrestling for me, and he talks really well. He's got a pretty convincing wrestling baddie skillset for me. He can do hard, he can do cowardly, he can do evil. I love the coat gimmick, I've liked all his theme tunes, and even though I don't rate his finisher much, it is growing on me and I do enjoy the Bartley Gorman reference.

I'm going to make it my mission to get to the bottom of why Pitcos loves Kofi so much. I will report back with my findings in several weeks....

I love his music, his pants and boots (except that grey shit he was wearing for a few months recently), his funny dancing, his hair, his kicks... He's just a really fun wrestler, his smile is contagious. He's a fantastic babyface. He's quite sympathetic, he can bump like a champ, and he's got big, spectacular, crowd-pleasing moves for his comebacks. And a cracking finisher.

• Paid Members
If they hire Magnus though they might aswell give Barrett the boot. They are far too similar.

I have to say I'm not seeing that at all. Barrett's a bare-knuckle fighting thug who fights a more brawling style, Magnus is a showman loudmouth with more of a mix of brawling and tech.

• Paid Members
I love his music, his pants and boots (except that grey shit he was wearing for a few months recently), his funny dancing, his hair, his kicks... He's just a really fun wrestler, his smile is contagious. He's a fantastic babyface. He's quite sympathetic, he can bump like a champ, and he's got big, spectacular, crowd-pleasing moves for his comebacks. And a cracking finisher.

I expect my conclusions may be more race-related but I appreciate your candour!

• Paid Members

Yeah, Kofis got a well marketable look. It's that and his offence and great babyfaceing that makes me believe they could really Rey Mysterio the shit out of him. And i reckon with his offence and size there's many that would take to him that wouldn't to Mysterio. I do really like Kofi too, he's different to the rest of the roster in a really good way. It's testament to him that he's remained as over as he has with zero development to him on-screen. And his gear is indeed lovely. I enjoy the Turtles and Ghostbusters themes of them. His music is rockin' too, yeah. Plus he's got a load of swanky believable finishes to matches that he's established over the years which would really lend itself nicely to big main event or WrestleMania matches. I could definitely get behind a big main event push for him again one day, he's the best candidate for me to take that nearly-man role that Benoit and Jericho used to have. No way should he take a big belt on his first attempt, but it would be great if he had a load of cracks and eventually got there. I thought his look at WrestleMania 25 was dynamite too. Some of the shit he is capable of is really fucking incredible...they need to Rey Mysterio the shit out of him, definitely. If they do insist on putting him in another tag team i wish they'd put him with Gabriel and dress Kofi up in his WM25 get-up and Gabriel in that nuts Space-like attire he wore on his NXT debut. Just because it look awesome seeing them fly about like that.

Back on Barrett, i liked him in NXT and share all the same sentiments of Pitcos there. I instantly liked him following the 'Winds of change' promo and thought he was fabulous on the big Raw-Nexus debut. Since he's got better in the ring i've found the rest of his act has suffered though. I think i fucking hate his look but i don't really know why. He definitely looks better having a beard mind. I thought he was decent against Orton the other year actually and he's great in brawls against Sheamus (but then so is everyone). The rest of the time i don't think he does 'hard' that well and feels too much like he's playing 'hard'. There's an air of cartoon super-villain to him these days in the same vein that Edge used to suffer from for me. That's not at all the best or most accurate description of what i mean but i can't think of how else to explain it. I just don't really truly 'believe' him.

• Paid Members

Yeah, something just doesn't click for me where Barrett is concerned. I like a lot of things about him, he's got a good look and he can talk better than the average man on the roster, but I don't find him interesting in the slightest. Can't get into him. I think more than anything that's the fault of the creative team though, he's had nothing of any note to do since the Nexus angle collapsed, but he was actually a super heel back then.

They really put fuck all effort into the midcard storylines don't they?

The rest of the time i don't think he does 'hard' that well and feels too much like he's playing 'hard'. There's an air of cartoon super-villain to him these days in the same vein that Edge used to suffer from for me. That's not at all the best or most accurate description of what i mean but i can't think of how else to explain it. I just don't really truly 'believe' him.

That's exactly my problem with him. He's borderline cheesy at times, especially that stupid "boooo!" shit he does when he's feeling pleased with himself.

I agree that they could and should get more out of Kofi. Have him do them wacky rumble spots more often, people love that shit. And unlike Tyson, Gabriel, Cara etc. he's also a decent talker.

I agree that they could and should get more out of Kofi. Have him do them wacky rumble spots more often, people love that shit. And unlike Tyson, Gabriel, Cara etc. he's also a decent talker.

I really don't agree with that last bit. I usually glaze over when he talks, he looks and sounds so forced. But it's not like he's ever got anything to say - the "feud" with Barrett was little more than a run of repeat matches. At least when he was feuding with Miz, they tried a little bit to give him some depth.

Barrett's stagnating a bit at the mo. I'm still not keen on his finisher, and the guitar intro on his music sounds like it was recorded inside a toilet bowl. I still think he could get a lot more over as a heel but it's all a bit meh currently. The whole "bare-knuckle champion" schtick doesn't seem to be doing anything for him at all.

Archived