Get The Fuck Off My Screen

Professor Paul's Bin

• Paid Members
There is also a great part where Henry wins the title, breaks character and celebrates with the title. You could tell how much it meant to the bloke after being there all those years. One of my favorite moments in wrestling there.

I didn't even see that as a break of character. He's been striving after a belt for years, it made perfect sense for his character to be as ecstatic as he was. The promo he cut afterwards was fucking incredible too.

Seriously, the "Mark Henry's shit" stuff would be the most unbelievable thing in wrestling fandom if it weren't for the Cena bollocks still hanging around.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I urge you all to watch his matches with Orton in 2011, his work with Big Show over the past two years and that match against CM Punk on Raw early 2012. I've never liked Henry, until a couple of years ago when it all just clicked. I didn't see any of his WWECW stuff, which a lot of folk say is the precession for the Henry we have today. He's finally become something of worth.

His matches with Orton were ok & better than i thought they would be, not a fan of the Big Show feud which went on far too long.

Don't see how giving my opinion that i dislike Henry since he debuted & still don't is trolling but whatever.

Because no matter whether you're a fan of a specific wrestler or their style of wrestling etc, you should be able to identify the good points about them.

Case in point: John Cena. Not my type of wrestler by a LONG shot. I don't particularly enjoy his character, and I don't 'support' him so to speak, but I sure as hell respect his efforts and can completely understand why he's the guy to carry the company. So I won't go around saying ZOMG HE'S SO SHIT!!! etc.

People should be capable of having an open mind. Just because I support Arsenal, it doesn't mean I think Man United are absolutely shit and completely rubbish at everything they do.

Stop being so fucking closed minded and accept the fact that just because you don't necessarily enjoy something yourself, it doesn't automatically make it shit.

Because no matter whether you're a fan of a specific wrestler or their style of wrestling etc, you should be able to identify the good points about them.

Case in point: John Cena. Not my type of wrestler by a LONG shot. I don't particularly enjoy his character, and I don't 'support' him so to speak, but I sure as hell respect his efforts and can completely understand why he's the guy to carry the company. So I won't go around saying ZOMG HE'S SO SHIT!!! etc.

People should be capable of having an open mind. Just because I support Arsenal, it doesn't mean I think Man United are absolutely shit and completely rubbish at everything they do.

Stop being so fucking closed minded and accept the fact that just because you don't necessarily enjoy something yourself, it doesn't automatically make it shit.

This topic is about Wrestlers who we don't enjoy watching. I don't enjoy watching mark Henry the same as some people don't like NJPW. It's their opinion, they are entitled to it.

I don't enjoy watching Mark Henry. I'm sorry but I don't. My idea of a good big man worker is not Mark Henry. That doesn't mean to say that I'm going to call someone a mong from having a different opinion. If they enjoy him, I'm over the bloody moon for them but I don't and will not watch him.

• Moderators
I don't and will not watch him.

How do you know he's shit then? I don't say the Super Monaco Grand Prix champion of New China is shite because I don't know who he is as I don't watch it. If you don't and will not watch him, why do you want him to fuck off your screen when he doesn't get on it?

• Paid Members
I'd go as far to say this thread would be largely pointless if people didn't do that, though.

Precisely, it'd just be a list of opinions, and threads like that are shit. Like that one we had a while ago that was something like "Say the things that nobody else will say about wrestling" and it was just tons of "wrestlers X Y and Z are actually shit!!" or "WWE PPV theme songs haven't been good since they stopped using Drowning Pool all the time!" with no discussion. It was the worst thread in ages.

• Paid Members
No...just...no.

Corporate Bossman was fucking great. You just hated him because he showed all your favorites what hard time was all about.

Check out this bloody great match he had with Road Dogg:

Watch his match with Vader at Spring Stampede 94! That was a great match!

By 99 only X Pac had worse go away heat!

Incorrect. X-Pac was one the top babyfaces in 99 and was getting great reactions until his heel turn in December. It wasn't until about spring 2000 that everyone started to turn on him for being so stale.

Also Bossman had great entrance music, wore sweet sunglasses and dragged Big Show on his own Dad's coffin which in my book makes him a million times better than every Japanese wrestler ever.

Mark Henry is awesome, hes probably the most realistic character in Pro Wrestling. All he does is come and beat the piss out of people, pick guys up and fucking drop them on the ground with enough force to kill an elephant. Hes a burley, massive, massive man that does what burley, massive, massive men would do if they were in that situation for real.

On the matter at hand, all women wrestlers make me turn off. Bore me to tears. Except perhaps the likes of Kharma, Chyna, Beth Phoenix etc. You know, women that look like wrestlers

Yeah, I think it's a bit harsh coming in here to a thread asking people what they don't like and then bitching them out because you happen to like what they don't like.

I don't like

It's not really. It's pinpointing what the member doesn't like about the character. When I created this topic listing the wrestlers I don't like I was hoping other members would be able to spread a new light on that wrestler pinpointing areas in their career where the wrestler has been involved in something good. Thus enabling me to change my opinion of the person.

Archived