Get The Fuck Off My Screen

Professor Paul's Bin

Henry has been producing some brilliant work the past few years.

Misawa Vs Kobashi, Michaels Vs Undertaker, War Games 92, Shane Douglas Vs Sabu Vs Terry Funk.

They are examples of brilliant work! What is not is Mark Henry clodding around throwing forearms and bearhugs for the most boring 10 minutes of my life! A brilliant big man worker is Vader, or the Boss Man in his prime!

You are entitled to your opinion and I and entitled to mine!

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No...just...no.

Corporate Bossman was fucking great. You just hated him because he showed all your favorites what hard time was all about.

Check out this bloody great match he had with Road Dogg:

Watch his match with Vader at Spring Stampede 94! That was a great match!

By 99 only X Pac had worse go away heat!

What a bunch of bollocks.

Henry has been producing some brilliant work the past few years. The run with Tony Atlas as ECW Champion was great, match with Angle at the Rumble 2006, his feud with Taker in 2006 & 2007, The Hall of Pain in 2011 where he was having some excellent matches and his run as world champion. Now he's back it looks promising for him again. He looks like he could hurt you and stands out from the current roster. I'd love to see a Lesnar Vs Mark Henry match in the future. Watch his match with Punk the night after Mania 28 that was one of the best matches of last year. Recently I've been watching his work from 1998-1999 and been looking at it in a different light. Apart from a dodgy pairing with MVP and a bland face run around 2009-2010 the guy has been on top form since 2005.

Posting this has made me want to watch his matches with Angle at the Rumble '06 and WrestleMania 22 with Taker.

the match with angle at the rumble is the only decent henry match i can think of since he has been with the company.

the matches with taker he had were terrible imo + i was pissed at the fact it wasn't angle vs taker at WM 22.

i agree he has improved since he turned heel when drafted to smackdown & he wasn't terrible with teddy long as his manager on raw in 03 but still not a fan.

he is very injury prone & 99% of his matches are either boring or squashes.

1 of only 2 guys i would have fired from the roster during 98-01.

• Paid Members

I urge you all to watch his matches with Orton in 2011, his work with Big Show over the past two years and that match against CM Punk on Raw early 2012. I've never liked Henry, until a couple of years ago when it all just clicked. I didn't see any of his WWECW stuff, which a lot of folk say is the precession for the Henry we have today. He's finally become something of worth.

Going back to Hulkamania days, the Beverly Brothers bored the arse of me whenever they were on screen, as well as their pathetic entrance music, and their foul mullets.

I will also admit to getting a bit bored by Lex Luger's 93/94 WWF run, as both the Narcissist and the All American he just didn't do anything of note for me.

On the Henry subject, I used to think he was boring beyond measure, but his Hall of Pain realyl got me watching and appreciating how much work he put into the character, and changing from a doofus big man into a serious World Heavyweight Championship contender to eventual Champion. He had cracking matches with Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan in that time. Yes he gets injuries, but I'd rather have him have the time off and be fully fit and be at the top of his game, than be on my screen all the time, half fit and playing a daft gimmick.

Henry deserves some respect for playing the menacing big man character far better than guys like Khali or even Big Show (and I'm a huge Show mark, so it pains me to say that), and reinventing a career that in 2009/10 looked washed up.

I kinda see Mark Henry as being a reverse George Gray-he went from being a great big man worker early on as the One Man Gang but then it was all downhill more or less during the Akeem era. Hated Henry when he first showed up against Lawler but these days he comes across as a proper hard bastard which is how I like my wrestlers :)

• Paid Members

For me, Henry's been great since 2005/6, when he came back and finally looked like he was trying to kill people. Before, he was just an awkward, lumbering mess. Then there was that battle royal on SD where he eliminated everyone in devastating fashion and only just lost to Angle, and that's when I came to the opinion that he'd finally learned to make people give a shit.

One particular thing encapsulated that change perfectly: how he hit his finish. Before, the World's Strongest Slam just looked like he was falling forward because somebody had said to him: "You're a bit shit at everything else - you can't possibly get this wrong", but from his return in 2005 onwards, he really picked people up and murdered them with death into the canvas.

• Paid Members
I pretty much consider anyone that doesn't bum Mark Henry to be trolling these days. Not even worth an argument anymore.

Precisely. Also, placing idiots like Mr Tibbs and ratedrpoed on ignore doesn't harm as they wrong about everything else, too.

Henry beating Orton for the world title was a great, great moment in so many ways. I think I appreciated it more when I went back and watched it again afterwards because the crowd reaction was fantastic and Henry and Orton were fantastic in setting up the finish.

One particular thing encapsulated that change perfectly: how he hit his finish. Before, the World's Strongest Slam just looked like he was falling forward because somebody had said to him: "You're a bit shit at everything else - you can't possibly get this wrong", but from his return in 2005 onwards, he really picked people up and murdered them with death into the canvas.

I completely agree with this.

His finisher did look shit to begin with and I thought "that's shitter than a basic Scoopslam". I thought the "World Strongest Slam" was a bad name for the move as it didn't come across to what the title said. It came across as a basic move and not a move you would think a bloke of his size would have as his Finisher.

Then all of a sudden Henry mastered it, he cradled his opponent, lifted them up and with all his force drove him to the canvas. As if he was trying to break the canvas (Feels like I'm on an e-fed). The move looked like it should be called "The Worlds Strongest Slam". It's become one of my preferred finishers now. He did a great one to Orton during Night of Champions 2011. There is also a great part where Henry wins the title, breaks character and celebrates with the title. You could tell how much it meant to the bloke after being there all those years. One of my favorite moments in wrestling there.

Archived