Get The Fuck Off My Screen

Professor Paul's Bin

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you not a mark?

It's just cringeworthy when us message board fans start calling other ones "marks" like they're well drawing seasoned vets of the ring. We're all marks. That's why we're here.

I am not saying i am a seasoned vet or anything of the sort, i am stating the fact that most of the people i have spoken to (Both online and in person) who seem to have a problem with The Rock have all seemed to be the same type of fan. It wasn't a dig at anybody in particular, and if someone don't like The Rock then that is there choice, all i am saying is that he does not owe Wrestling, or Wrestling fans anything at all, it wouldn't have got to the heights it did without him.

• Paid Members
Are you not a mark?

It's just cringeworthy when us message board fans start calling other ones "marks" like they're well drawing seasoned vets of the ring. We're all marks. That's why we're here.

I am not saying i am a seasoned vet or anything of the sort, i am stating the fact that most of the people i have spoken to (Both online and in person) who seem to have a problem with The Rock have all seemed to be the same type of fan. It wasn't a dig at anybody in particular, and if someone don't like The Rock then that is there choice, all i am saying is that he does not owe Wrestling, or Wrestling fans anything at all, it wouldn't have got to the heights it did without him.

I don't think that's why people are shitting on Rock's return though. I'm not, but a lot of people just aren't finding him entertaining - I don't think his career choice is to do with that. If anything, it's what people have found the most entertaining about it: that it's given Cena ammo to bring to their feud.

I soured somewhat on Rock's comeback last year because it seemed to consist of 85% twitter remarks, thanking the people and talking about goosebumps. It didn't then help that half of the Rock/Cena back and forth stuff was bloody awful.

That has changed through the Punk feud though, as Rock has been far more serious and thus the feud has been way better. I don't want to see people smiling between insults and taking it all as a bit of a laugh (as both Cena and Rock were doing with each other), I want people who actually don't fucking like each other and want to fight. Both Punk and Rocky have been great this last few months. Way, way better than the fucking "Trending Worldwide" "let's start a fun new chant" Rocky shit we got last year.

In short, Rock is entertaining when he's being a cunt to people. He's not entertaining when he's all smiles and jokes.

• Paid Members
Wouldn't it have been quicker for you to list those that you do like watching? Maybe you need to stop watching wrestling.

I listed everyone i dislike since i started watching wrestling so no it wouldn't :glare:

It's a close run thing, though, surely? It strikes me that Raw must take you about 5 minutes to watch with the amount of fast-forwarding you must do.

• Paid Members

I always question why some people just persevere watching something they hate so much.

I stopped watching Raw once I found I actually hated over 50% of it, but god speed anyone who enjoys the current product. I really suggest others should consider doing the same. I'm much happier watching Stevie Richards chat to Rob Feinstein for 3 hours.

• Paid Members

Personally, forums are my way of keeping up to date with the sport, so I can return to watching when it sounds good, and avoid returning when it sounds shit. People on here generally have quite good taste when it comes to mainstream wrestling, so I find it's a reliable method.

Got to agree with that. I essentially stopped watching any weekly wrestling when JBL became champ. Because of this I feel like I actually am in a position to be able to say the product is shit and Vince is mugging us all off but the problem is, I'm not familiar with the product, so I wouldn't know whether it's true or not.

For the time being I'm happy watching the PPVs and waiting for something on the weekly shows to grab my nuts, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Wouldn't it have been quicker for you to list those that you do like watching? Maybe you need to stop watching wrestling.

I listed everyone i dislike since i started watching wrestling so no it wouldn't :glare:

It's a close run thing, though, surely? It strikes me that Raw must take you about 5 minutes to watch with the amount of fast-forwarding you must do.

With the current roster yea you're right but i don't watch all the eps live right through anymore like i used to.

In short, Rock is entertaining when he's being a cunt to people. He's not entertaining when he's all smiles and jokes.

I think that's why I enjoyed his "Hollwyood" heel run the most of anything he's done. He was such a smug insufferable cunt.

Archived