camucho

darren young

otunga

zeke

khali

hornswoggle

jtg

kofi

henry (boring boring boring, how he has had a job so long i'll never know)

cole

long

truth (as a face)

orton (^^^^^^)

sheamus (^^^^)

lawler (^^^^^^)

sin cara (awful since he debuted)

hhh (unless he puts younger guys over as don't doubt his in ring ability)

aksana

alicia

tna -

abyss/parks

brooke

hogan

chavo

garrett

brisco

jessie

tenay

devon (nothing against the guy but boring to me unless bubba was teaming with him)

rvd (like him but time to retire & have the odd match every so often & he doesn't look like he can be arsed anymore)

mideon

necro butcher

matt hardy (except for V1 days)

bob holly

am sure there are more, will post any more i think of :laugh:

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
henry (boring boring boring, how he has had a job so long i'll never know)

Because he's awesome, over, awesome, drives ratings, awesome, the most believable badass in wrestling, awesome, a great promo these days, and he's awesome.

lawler

He's probably one of the best babyfaces in the world to this day. I can't wait until tape comes of his weekend matches when he starts doing them again. They fucking skill.

• Paid Members

The usual suspects, Vickie, Booker, Foley, post-retirement Shawn "GREATEST OF ALL TIME" Michaels.

I'd agree with whoever said Chris Jericho as well, if you asked me a year ago, but when he came back from the suspension last summer and in this run since the Rumble, he's been quality. He's so much better suited to being a babyface. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with him over the next few months, I think a feud with Big Show or Mark Henry would be brilliant.

Watch WWE turn him heel on Sunday!

The one guy who sprung to mind when I saw this thread was

joey-styles.jpg

Overbearing and annoying. I barely watched ECW, but the little stuff I did watch involved him screeching like a 5 year old. I was chuffed when they kicked him off RAW in 2006.

I only watch the odd event these days, but from what I watch I do not get why Dolph Ziggler is so highly rated. Just seems like a solid mid-carder to me, his promos and character do nothing for me either. I think he is decent in the ring and average elsewhere unless I have missed something.

Jings....do unwatchable ANY wrestling these days? U named 90% of the WWE roster 😄

grew up with the attitude era where i liked almost everybody, even being harsh i would struggle to name 10 people i disliked then.

majority of current roster are either boring to me or don't mean anything (like epico, primo, hunico, mahal, slater, gabriel etc. but i don't dislike them)

I watch very little wrestling these days, but everytime I've see him, I've always thought Ryback and his recyled gimmick comes across as so lame.

From his Breakfast Cereal catchphrase to one of the worst looking finishers I've ever seen, his push has been a source of much bemusement to me.

I'd also like endorse Michael Cole in this category. He was tolerable as the nerdy interview guy, but I've just NEVER bought him as a commentator. I'd go as far as to say he ruined the first half of '99 for me, when he filled in for the sick JR, and he was probably a prime reason why I never really watched Smackdown either.

Surprised at the Joey Styles mention above, always enjoyed his informative and excitable commentary style. And whilst we're on the subject of commentators, 'face' Jerry Lawler is absolutely pointless to me.

Orton. He's good, he's just so dull. Since he turned face, he's been interesting twice: During one promo with Edge, and that time a year later when he did a jumping toe touch.

Got a link to that? Wouldn't mind seeing it if it's being mentioned in the same breath as the jumping toe touch.

I would like to see this jumping toe tocuh you speak of.

Jings....do unwatchable ANY wrestling these days? U named 90% of the WWE roster 😄

grew up with the attitude era where i liked almost everybody, even being harsh i would struggle to name 10 people i disliked then.

majority of current roster are either boring to me or don't mean anything (like epico, primo, hunico, mahal, slater, gabriel etc. but i don't dislike them)

I can understand that...maybe it's an age thing as well. The attitude era came along when most of us were at the right age to appreciate it, from the sex appeal of Sable and Sunny to the smart arse antics of DX and Steve Austin. Nowadays there isn't too much for us as adults to hook onto. Even the mid careers from the Attitude Era, like The Holly's , Headbangers, Al Snow, T and A etc were over more than their modern day counterparts like the guys u mentioned.

• Paid Members

We were spoiled by the Attitude Era in terms of the main event scene. I don't think the WWF/E had ever had at any one time that many perennial, long-term World champ contenders with genuine main event profiles before. During the "Federation Years", there was only really Hogan, Macho, Andre and Warrior, and the last two of those weren't around all that long. All the other main event threats were one-offs built up for Hogan to beat.

During Attitude, there was Rock, Austin, Foley, Taker, Triple H, Angle, Kane, Big Show, and, for a limited time, HBK. That was what? about five, six years?

Since Attitude, there haven't been quite so many. Death and insanity removed Eddy and Krispen Wah from the equation, Lesnar didn't stick around long, Jericho was never more than a transitional, same with Christian, Hardy didn't hang around, RVD was never really up to it, JBL only had around a year or so, Big Daddy V got released before he could really claim his place, Henry spent a chunk of it shit and injured before he got great, Rey's never really been up to being a regular, Goldberg was only around a year, Steiner's injuries stopped him from really establishing himself, Booker T got over-exposed, Lashley was shit as was Heidenreich, and most of the young guys who've held the belt got shoved there too fast or undeservedly.

In the ten, eleven-year period following Attitude, I don't think the main event scene has ever been quite as packed at any one time, nor has it had proportionally as many permanent main eventers. Cena, Orton, Edge, Sheamus, Batista (who could easily slot in if he came back), Punk, Show, Del Rio, Henry and that's probably about it. Bryan's almost there. I suppose there's time for them to rescue Ryback and Ziggler, but it doesn't look likely.

not just the main event scene.

in 2000 i used to look forward to watching the lower card guys on metal on a sunday morning like essa rios & kaientai, now i don't even look forward to wrestlemania.

only guys i enjoy watching now are ziggler, bryan & miz.

with sandow, cesaro, kane, christian, del rio, barrett, AJ & swagger being ok.

this time last year punk was my fav but they have ruined his character imo, he should have stayed a tweener.

Archived