Get The Fuck Off My Screen

Professor Paul's Bin

The match was fine. It just didn't require bear hugs.

Mark Henry's amazing, too, by the way.

If he got a cool t-shirt, it'd be the only wrestling shirt I'd consider buying. He's a brilliant character wrestler, with such a grasp of the tricks and nuances that take his character over the top. He doesn't just say the lines and do the moves, he embodies and lives the character. He might not be a MOVEZZZZZ man, or even a particularly versatile wrestler, but he's so believable that it doesn't matter. Him turning up and killing people and shouting at them is enough, as its what's required of his character.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to dislike Mark Henry. I did. He was slow and bumbling around the ring, was positioned as either a big heel who wasn't much threat or as a silly face character who bent frying pans whilst fingering old ladies. Then one day he became a monster, the sort of guy who'd steal your last Rolo just to spit it in your face. If you told me five years ago that I would have enjoyed a Henry/Big Show feud, I would have laughed in your face, but their work a couple of years ago for the World Title was stellar. Okay, I might be getting carried away, but it was far far better than anyone could have expected. I've found him thoroughly entertaining for a while now, and whilst he doesn't have 5 star matches, he can hold his own in the ring and plays his role fantastically. His mini-feud with Punk last year is a perfect example of what Henry does well when he's not smashing people in quick time.

• 1 month later...

Matt Morgan - The bloke really needs to piss off. He had some potential when he first came to TNA but within the 6 years he's been with the company he has done fuck all. Countless dull feuds between the likes of Abyss, Jeff Hardy, Hernandez etc. Apart from an good match with Angle at BFG 2009 I can't say the bloke has had a good match either. We all know this was down to Angle as it could even wrestle your mother and put on a good match. Morgan has faced pretty much everyone in TNA and they is nothing I'd like to see him do in the future either. I could imagine he's on a decent price tag so TNA should fuck him off and let him go to Japan or something. He really is shite.Christy Hemme - Just a waste of money really. Pretty fit but dreadful ring announcer. Some how with time she continues to get worse.Gutcheck Winners - They have all been absolutely wank. I love the concept but the winners have been dreadful. Those two who had that match at Slammiversary were awful and look proper bush league.

Gutcheck Winners - They have all been absolutely wank. I love the concept but the winners have been dreadful. Those two who had that match at Slammiversary were awful and look proper bush league.

With the exception of the lass, she's been pretty decent. Some would also exempt Briscoe too, not me though, he's wank.

Bradley needs a better look, a better tan, and a bit more definition. Otherwise he's looking quite a decent prospect.

• Paid Members

He's supposed to look like that though. Looking a bit bigger would probably do him some good, but his look is apart of this rugged shite he's trying to present. He's supposed to be this Bradshaw-esque brawler. Bradley was so wrong for Gut Check. All you needed to do was film some vignettes putting his finisher over and give him some time on the microphone to get his personality over. That shite promotion run by Billy Corgan has built him up as their top act and he's great in it. But he's swimming upstream already, going through Gut Check. Gut Check should be for young wrestlers who need time in developmental. Someone like Bradley is more seasoned than a lot of the roster and is a fresh face. He's had matches with X-Pac, Harry Smith and Vader in the last year. X-Pac really rates him, and he's spot on usually.He should start wearing his ring jacket, though.

• Paid Members

Yeah I like Bradley quite a bit. Really believable bit of rough. He should have been in the Ace's and 8s, even that's better than gut check.

Aces & 8's would have done him just as bad. Look what it did for a talent like Gallows. He'd just be another run-in goon. I like what I've seen from Bradley, should have just brought him in as a new act. Shame, hope he does well.

After reading the comments of Jay Bradley I've watched some of his stuff and think he's alright now. I think my problem is its easy to label the Gut Check winners as all shite as some of them are very dreadful. Enough thing, I seem to forget Spud won the Bootcamp Show and label him as a Gutcheck competitor most of the time to. I like Spud though. Taeler Hendrix isn't too bad either, I completely forgot about her. She's one of those who I can't tell is fit or not.

Archived