Get The Fuck Off My Screen

Professor Paul's Bin

I agree that they could and should get more out of Kofi. Have him do them wacky rumble spots more often, people love that shit. And unlike Tyson, Gabriel, Cara etc. he's also a decent talker.

I really don't agree with that last bit. I usually glaze over when he talks, he looks and sounds so forced. But it's not like he's ever got anything to say - the "feud" with Barrett was little more than a run of repeat matches. At least when he was feuding with Miz, they tried a little bit to give him some depth.

Barrett's stagnating a bit at the mo. I'm still not keen on his finisher, and the guitar intro on his music sounds like it was recorded inside a toilet bowl. I still think he could get a lot more over as a heel but it's all a bit meh currently. The whole "bare-knuckle champion" schtick doesn't seem to be doing anything for him at all.

The problem with Kofi is that he often has very generic babyface lines when he speaks. When they first took a chance on him in the Orton feud, he showed pretty good ability and range when speaking- dropping his phoney Jamaican accent was the right call as well.

I get what you mean with Barrett. I think the reason is that despite being billed as a bare knuckle champion, his wrestling style doesn't really have the aggression befitting the gimmick. He has the Muay Thai knees in the ropes, which works, but the rest is standard WWE wrestler fare. The set up for the Bullhammer is very contrived too, a little too fancy in comparison to his gritty reintroduction videos. It looked so much better at the Rumble when he simply smashed Bo Dallas with a running elbow strike.

My current pick for "get the fuck of my screen" is R-Truth. He returned the other week and still not a single fuck is given. He doesn't seem to have many good matches in his back catalogue, for all his athleticism, and the Lil Jimmy thing is way played out- stopped being funny after the first week for me.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lil Jimmy was great for ages, and R-Truth dropped that part of his act when he split from Kofi anyway so he could have The World's Dullest Feud with a bald Swiss man. Unless you've seen him start doing it again since he came back? I've not paid much attention. Without LJ and conspiracies and fags, I don't like him.

• 2 weeks later...

Anarquia

Anarquia1.jpg

Here's a bloke I was very pleased to see leave our screens after recently watching back some TNA from 2011. Even when I rewatch previous TNA PPV's and Impacts with him in I can't stand him. He was bloody terrible and cut some proper shit promos which usually went under the routine of "Listen LOCO!, Essay, wee homess are Mexican American and we are gonna WIN, Viva La Mexico" whilst wearing his Jimmy Graffiti themed attire. I'm not saying that was the exact lines he used but every time he cut a promo it just resembled that shite. I guess my hatred of the bloke comes from being a fan of Hernandez and feeling like the whole angle was a poor mans LAX. Anarquia was bloody awful and thank fuck TNA released him, loco!

I just looked at Anarquia's Wikipedia page, he was in OVW for twelve years! Unbelievable, he was appalling and his promos were indeed unbearable. Looking back; Mexican America on the whole deserve to be in this thread for their time in TNA. The naff promos, the rubbish hanging of the Mexican flag, the appalling use of Hernandez and the fact that nobody involved was really Mexican all contribute to this mockery of a stable.

Yeah Rosita was a waste of time. On the other hand I always liked Sarita when she would wear a tight neon yellow attire she looked really good plus she had a good arse. She wasn't that bad in the ring either. I really enjoyed her run with Taylor Wilde for the 3 months where the Knockouts Tag Division actually had a division in 2009. Saritas 2010 theme tune was great.

• Paid Members

I liked Rosita, but mainly because she's just tiny and hot in a dirty chica kind of way. She wasn't too bad in the ring, though - I think both Sarita and Rosita ended up getting lumbered with a really shitty gimmick in Mexican America.

I know that it kind of wasn't meant to be analysed in this way, but Sarita and Rosita's gimmick was killed for me (along with Mexican America's, to be honest) when she did that heartfelt speech where she broke the fourth wall at No Surrender '11, and talked about her dad who had died in 9/11. She basically acknowledged that she wasn't Mexican, she wasn't called Sarita and she had been putting on this accent. The speech itself was filled with emotion and it was rare to see such genuine feelings in the context of wrestling and I really liked it. Clearly you can see why they did it but it was incredibly strange to watch her after that knowing that she basically cut the best face promo of her life in complete contrast to everything she had done before and since.

I liked Rosita, but mainly because she's just tiny and hot in a dirty chica kind of way. She wasn't too bad in the ring, though - I think both Sarita and Rosita ended up getting lumbered with a really shitty gimmick in Mexican America.

Especially since only one of them was American and neither was Mexican.

I thought they did better when they were separated from Hernandez and Anarquia though, and thought they were great when they gatecrashed Eric Young and ODB's wedding.

5Sqrj-300x214.jpg

Jack swagger can just piss off now. His music is pretty good, but he just has the facial expressions of a "special" person. His scraping a line with his foot followed by the stomp and the Gorrilla-arms pose with him just going "arrrggggh" make him look like a complete twat. He is capable in-ring but he has such a pathetic character/personality. And the " we, the people" shit is similar to the " Matt Damon" line from Team America. Just a brain damaged dullard trying to get over and failing miserably. Hope he loses at mania then they get shot of him. Utter shite.

Archived