Get The Fuck Off My Screen

Professor Paul's Bin

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I really liked that cheesy rock theme he originally had, they should never have changed it to this new rap theme. Cheesy rock suits Antonio better as he is at his best when he acts a bit goofy and smug.

I still don't understand how you work an anti-American gimmick against a Mexican babyface.

If you can get some guy to be super patriotic in America yet be the heel when he's trying to defend the country against a babyface who's supposedly taking jobs from others you can do anything. After all this is the country that had a massive hissy fit because some teenager was bullied to death and a couple of anti-bullying Facebook groups were set up in her memory leading to a lot of "how can you start a group like this what about our troops that die protecting our country" bullshit which still amazes me to this day. Americans can be fucking retarded at times. It wasn't just the odd moronic comment either it was the majority of them. So if Swagger actually comes off as a heel to those retards anything is possible.

• Paid Members

Swagger is a heel not because he's 'super patriotic', but because he HATES America, at least the way he perceives it is at the moment.

His, and Zeb's, opinion is that the country he used to love is now full of "people who weren't born here & therefore don't have a right to be here" who, as you said, are "taking their jobs" & "using OUR hospitals for their dirty tropical diseases". He's not coming out and saying "America is the greatest country in the world - USA A-OK!" and people are booing him.

It's like a promotion in this country having a BNP or an EDL gimmick, coming out and shouting "Send the buggers back!". Now, some people may agree with that, but that doesn't make him a potential babyface, unless the show is at an EDL rally.

If you don't see what's heelish about Jack Swagger's current gimmick, I'd re-evaluate my political leanings if I were you...

• Paid Members

Yeah, I know the McMahons aren't notoriously discriminatory or anything, but given that they're staunch Republicans it is quite surprising to see them do a gimmick like this, especially on a PG product. Not that there's anything especially un-PG about painting a couple of racists as bad guys, but it's close to the bone at times and it does seem like a risk. Is there much of a divide between the main Republicans and the Tea Party wing at the moment? Because if so, I think we know which side of it Vince and Linda are on.

Yeah, I know the McMahons aren't notoriously discriminatory or anything, but given that they're staunch Republicans it is quite surprising to see them do a gimmick like this, especially on a PG product. Not that there's anything especially un-PG about painting a couple of racists as bad guys, but it's close to the bone at times and it does seem like a risk. Is there much of a divide between the main Republicans and the Tea Party wing at the moment? Because if so, I think we know which side of it Vince and Linda are on.

they are probably staunchly against men fucking corpses but their son in law rode that mannequin like he did it every weekend

If you don't see what's heelish about Jack Swagger's current gimmick, I'd re-evaluate my political leanings if I were you...

I never said I didn't see what was heelish about it. I said that there is a large segment of the American public that as soon as you add the word American to something believe it can do no wrong. So for Swagger to be going out there each week saying he's doing whats right for American against someone who isn't American is a brave move when a chunk of his fan base is pretty much ignorant in this area.

• Paid Members
It wasn't just the odd moronic comment either it was the majority of them. So if Swagger actually comes off as a heel to those retards anything is possible
quoted for irony.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm gonna have to mention Roddy Piper in this one. Now I wasn't a fan of wrestling till 2001 so didn't see any of his work from his prime years. Instead I've come to see an individual who has made numberous appearances over the years and to be honest I haven't enjoyed most of his recent apparences. I watch a fair of 1990s wrestling and recently watched Roddy/Bret (WM VIII) and Roddy/Hogan (Starrcade 1996 and Superbrawl VII). During and after watching them I got to say they weren't too great at all. Now I don't know if these are tainted as I struggle to watch anything he's involved with in the current product or if I think he's the drizzles.

Is Piper shit?

Piper is more about the promos and being a mad man. He's one of the most influential heels. I didn't like his match with Hogan at Starrcade '96 either, but did like the match against Bret. I'm in the same boat having properly got into wrestling in 2001. Watch his dog collar match with Greg Valentine.

• Paid Members

Twinn, you've only watched his stuff from an era when it was widely acknowledged that he wasn't at his best and made no effort to watch any of his early WWF stuff, his NWA run and his GCW run, a lot of which is on YouTube, and you're asking that question? I'm pretty sure you already know the answer you're going to get.

you've only watched his stuff from an era when it was widely acknowledged that he wasn't at his best

By who?

I haven't particularly seen this around the internet and have seen a pretty wide fanbase for him online. I'd like to know what work of his is worth watching to change my opinion on him. As it appears I've watched a bad bunch of matches and with the flow of not enjoying his recent work that doesn't make my opinion of him alter. I was wondering if it was just me, or if in fact heis shit. If not what work is there out there which would allow me to appreciate Piper.

I hate Piper and I always have. When I started watching in '90, he was a fucking idiot babyface to me, basically a third Bushwhacker. In fact, that Survivor Series 89 team probably collects four babyfaces who even as a child I disliked.

I can appreciate elements of his 80s heel work, and admittedly the Adrian Adonis feud is absolutely magnificent, but the rest of his work can just fuck straight off. Hated him as a 90s babyface wherever he was, think he's way, way overrated when he does his comebacks now. It's his promo style that bothers me most I think. People rave about the content but I don't love it, and his delivery actually really gets on my tits. I like limited wrestlers that get away with a few big spots, but his style doesn't do it for me at all.

EDIT: The match on that video with Mr Perfect was just brilliant, but the rest stands.

Archived