• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Bukamania said:

Bet you all love that CM Punk worked shoot promo on RAW in 2011 though...

There was enough in that promo where it alluded to real-life situations whilst not simultaneously breaking kayfabe. At no one point in Punk's promo did he outright say "we all know this wrestling stuff is pre-determined, right?". Hell, he never even hinted at it. "I hate the idea of John Cena being unbeatable" works in both ways. One of the best 'worked shoots' of all time, and 99.99% of them are awful.

What Austin Aries did was tell and show everyone that they just watched a fake fight with a pre-determined winner. The match itself was snug and physical too, lending more to how fucking awful the post-match was. It was a shower of shite.

Edited by Accident Prone

Another enjoyable show for me, I like the venues they are running for these shows, crowd are into it and it seems a "cool" place to actually be, rather than Orlando with all the touristy types who have zero idea who the Wrestlers are and don't follow the product.

Opener was a good match, WIllie Mack could be a hit for Impact I reckon. Main event I thought was really solid, not sure what the crack is with Aries but it put a bit of a dampener on things for me.

Also a mention for heel Moose, I'm loving this sleazy stuff he's doing, and his selling in the matches is great, borderline overdoing it but keeping it just the right side of comical. His outfits aswel :laugh:

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Bukamania said:

Bet you all love that CM Punk worked shoot promo on RAW in 2011 though...

Pretty much what Accident Prone said. When there's enough ambiguity, and it's not said right out, it doesn't completely break suspension of disbelief.

When you've got shit like they were doing in WcW, with filmed angles in which two guys feuding are shown discussing their matches and the finish, it's... well, shit.

7 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

What Austin Aries did was tell and show everyone that they just watched a fake fight with a pre-determined winner. The match itself was snug and physical too, lending more to how fucking awful the post-match was. It was a shower of shite.

Did not see the show - what did Aries do?

If the Aries situation is not a work, he must be an idiot.

Who would book a wrestler that no-sells the finish to a pay-per-view main event, having been at the top of the card for 8(?) months?

Those 4 weeks of Mexico tapings were the absolute shits and that wasn't my favorite Impact PPV either. Feels like they took a step back after Slammiversary and the excellent run up to that. Hopefully they can get some momentum back now they are back in the US. I think the Melrose will be just fine for TV but it felt a little small for the PPV.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Philjax said:

Those 4 weeks of Mexico tapings were the absolute shits and that wasn't my favorite Impact PPV either. Feels like they took a step back after Slammiversary and the excellent run up to that. Hopefully they can get some momentum back now they are back in the US. I think the Melrose will be just fine for TV but it felt a little small for the PPV.

Yeah, I’ve said this before but I think Impact has reached the stage where they can now be more ambitious as to where they book PPV venues. Slammiversary and BFG sold out in no time, so they could get away with finding arenas which can hold 3-4000 for the PPV but tapering off large sections for the 2 days of TV tapings that follow.

Its been hit and miss like that all year really, the Ottawa and Mexican tapings were flat but Toronto and Windsor were fine.

Edited by garynysmon