Short term, by which I mean about 3 weeks, maybe. But they’d be putting their eggs in the basket of a guy who is a decade (at least) past his prime and who it could be argued hardly ever moved the needle during any of his time in WWE.

Theyd be better off trying to bring in Cody Rhodes and everyone that runs with him to try and bring over some of the ROH and New Japan audience, at least they don’t fuck off to play being Bon Jovi every 6 months

Nordholm has made it pretty clear in interviews he wasn’t happy about the deal with pop and wouldn’t be re negiotiating similar terms you’ve got to think with all that’s going on they have something lined up unless of course they are happy to just take it off pop and put impact on one of there own networks in the USA 

anthem have a few channels in the states most likely pursuit or gametv you’d have to imagine that would be a last resort but atleast they’d get all of the ad revenue rather than half of it 

when they left spike and DA They had fairly good offers on the table from WGN would they still be interested? On the face of it Dixie not taking that deal when they joined pop was a stupid idea based on her hugely overestimating viewership and ad revenue the garaunteed money that was on the table from WGN would have been much more than they will be making now 

even going back to DA shouldn’t be ruled out all was very rosey with them until Dixie started sending dodgy emails and impact was there highest rated show by a country mile I could see them wanting it back if the money was right they know the numbers it got before 

Edited by wrestleuk

• Paid Members

It all depends how the other Networks see it.

If they're looking at face value, a show which is getting a quarter of a million viewers every week, they they're hardly going to be forming an orderly queue.

But if they're willing to accept that Pop is such a shitty network and that even Scarlett Bordeaux parading around naked every week couldn't even attract viewers on that channel, then who knows?

21 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

They can go to Spike and say “hey! Relax guy, I’ve changed!” because Dixie isn’t there anymore, but the networks know they’re a bunch of carnys

Well, unless they think the whole industry is a bunch of carneys (which is true), then I'm not sure what Impact can do. Its is literally 100% staff turnover, I'm not sure what could be humanly possible to try and persuade anyone that things are different. Different ownership, different roster, different name even.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Pop are meant to be paying $1m per year now. It's next to nothing, but it's more than they were getting. The move to starting at 10pm though was bound to wreak havoc on the rating. At the minute, Pop is as good as it's getting for Impact. Nobody else seems interested. 

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members
On 10/26/2018 at 1:50 PM, Ambulance Chaser said:

One thing I like about watching Impact is spotting the ads for what's on next, this week......Anaconda, Josh Matthews selling it like it's fucking Schindlers List. My god it's such a shit network they are on :laugh: I dunno what our equivalent is but it's gotta be one of them that shows cop programmes presented by Jamie Theakston.

Anyway, Killer Kross is still great, Fenix does things I didn't think possible and Fallah Bah is so damn loveable.

I think that channel is Pick TV, formerly known as Sky 3.

• Paid Members

Really enjoying Impact as of late after not watching since the Bischoff days. My only criticism is that the Scarlett Bordeaux skits, for me are shite. The rest of the show flows really well, but those skits just tend to stick out like a sore thumb. This weeks skit with Fallah Bah was especially ridiculous with the overacting.

Plus side is Brian Cage is tremendous, apart from the smarky crowd treating Callihan like a hero, Cage looked like a star. 

Eddie Edwards seems to have found his spark with the unhinged character. Last time I saw him was with Davey Richards and he seemed to have the personality of a mop, so I was quite surprised to see how well he looks these days.

Edited by Nick James

22 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Eddie Edwards seems to have found his spark with the unhinged character. Last time I saw him was with Davey Richards and he seemed to have the personality of a mop, so I was quite surprised to see how well he looks these days.

He won't be looking so well if he keeps taking bumps like the one he took on the ramp though!
Just.. ow!