It was the shits, the opening tag and the women's match were ok, but other than that they TNA'd the fuck out of it. The 6 man was a shit show, the lax match was a look between you're fingers type thing because I was expecting someone to pop an ankle because if you are doing no canvas, you need to at least tape the fucking boards together. The fact that lax couldn't win without Konann, Tommy dreamer and abyss being focal points, not getting a new Yorker for Eli Drake's open challenge, Don callis openly calling out the stupidity of what was happening, and THAT finish. I want impact to do well, but it feels like we're circling the drain one more time.

47 minutes ago, wrestleuk said:

re the Aries stuff it almost certainly will be a work the way he acted during the hall of fame seemed to be along the same lines atleast we got a decent match out of it firstĀ 

If that was indeed a work(I havenā€™t seen the show but I did see the hall of fameĀ segment on Twitter)Ā 

Constantly dropping F Bombs and a crappy pull apart was the best they could come up with? Ā If I was Abyss Iā€™d be pissed, ruined his night for that shit? Ā The quicker Impact disappears the better.

I've been enjoying Impact a fair bit this year but I thought the show was horrible, especially from a production point.

One of the ring cameras was constantly blurry from either liquid on the lens or glare from the ring lights.

The ring was far too close to the ring barriers considering pretty much every match went to the floor.

Why have Callihan pin Cage?

The Eli Drake segment was rubbish.

I can't stand Allie and this crap needs to end.

I figured the Aries/Impact HOF stuff was an attempt to capitalise on Khabib/McGregor but it just looked crap.

Edited by rollthedice

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Ā The quicker Impact disappears the better.ļ»æļ»æ

What a daft thing to say. Impact has been pretty good creative wise all year, you pick up on one segment you don't like to wish the company was dead?

I doubt very much that Aries has actually left, but he's such an egotistical prick that you can't be sure....

Agree on the comments regarding the arena though. The fact it sold out so quickly makes me questionĀ if they are booking big enough venues for these PPV's.Ā Surely they can get a middle sized arena and then tape it off for the following 2-3 days of TV tapings if they can't sell?

Edited by garynysmon

21 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

What a daft thing to say. Impact has been pretty good creative wise all year, you pick up on one segment you don't like to wish the company was dead?

Yea, that LAX segment from last week where they ran over a child with a car was great TV..

• Paid Members

Apologies. I shouldnā€™t have suggested a that company that happily forgets it has aĀ Ā womenā€™sĀ division in order to cozy up to a less than wholesome Saudi regime should be spoken ill of.

Edited by garynysmon

Lets not pretend Impact wouldnā€™t jump at the chance if it was themĀ in the same position.

Let them stick to kayfabe murdering children on TV.

Besides I watch more New Japan and Stardom then WWE anyways, you like Impact? thatā€™s fine! It doesnā€™t mean I have too.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Watched this yesterday. The Allie/Su Yung thing was absolutely shit. It felt like I was watching a really bad student film. The LAX/OGs match had me shouting "WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU EVEN AGREE TO DO THIS MADNESS!?" when they bumped on wood and steel. Just bumping in a ring with nice foam is bad enough, but solid steel and (loose) wood? Absolute mentalists.

Was gutted to find out Eli Drake's original opponent was supposed to be Joey Janela. He'd be a fucking awesome addition to the roster. Thank goodness it wasn't Low Ki as their original back up plan was.

Regarding the main event, I really hope they're not going the worked shoot route here. Worked Shoots are fucking shit.Ā Ā 

Other than that, really good show. It hasn't made me want to watch Impact on a regular basis, but I enjoyed it anyway.

13 minutes ago, Alex Wright Mark said:

Was gutted to find out Eli Drake's original opponent was supposed to be Joey Janela. He'd be a fucking awesome addition to the roster. Thank goodness it wasn't Low Ki as their original back up plan was.

Ā 

Impact, and Jericho, had been teasing on Twitter that it was going to be Chris Jericho which, if he owes Callis a favour or two, might still happen down the line and should, in theory at least, help Impact get on a better network.Ā 

Ā 

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, Alex Wright Mark said:

Regarding the main event, I really hope they're not going the worked shoot route here. Worked Shoots are fucking shit.Ā 

Agreed. Worked shoots are, for me,Ā theĀ worst thing ever to be written into a wrestling product.