Chris Bey has been wrestling on The NJPW Strong brand for a while so putting him in Bullet Club made sense, I’m sure he’ll be part of the Best Of Super Juniors tournament at some point. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Impact being in front of fans was good. That piped in noise in a dead arena was starting to get a bit much. 

Will Chris Bey get a finesse club t-shirt if he joins the Bullet Club? A team with Phantasmo if he's in town could make for some good matches on Impact as well. 

Matt Striker looks an absolute state. Come back Josh. 

Mixed tag tournament sounds like it could be fun. 

They did a lot of promoting other companies' shows. 

Josh Vs Kenny could be a heck of a match. I love when Don just steered Omega away from him. 

Some decent tag matches. I don't know who's going to be challenging Dekay going forward. Do they wrestle Jordynne & Rachael now? 

Not a bad episode. Some interesting matches next week. 

3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Impact being in front of fans was good. That piped in noise in a dead arena was starting to get a bit much. 

Will Chris Bey get a finesse club t-shirt if he joins the Bullet Club? A team with Phantasmo if he's in town could make for some good matches on Impact as well. 

Matt Striker looks an absolute state. Come back Josh. 

Mixed tag tournament sounds like it could be fun. 

They did a lot of promoting other companies' shows. 

Josh Vs Kenny could be a heck of a match. I love when Don just steered Omega away from him. 

Some decent tag matches. I don't know who's going to be challenging Dekay going forward. Do they wrestle Jordynne & Rachael now? 

Not a bad episode. Some interesting matches next week. 

Sign me up to looking forward to Josh v Kenny and the way Don pushed him on as if to say to mess with him

Impact is continuing to deliver consistent and enjoyable show week after week after week 

The only part I'm gutted with is that the good brothers got the belts back from VBD I really wished they would have kept them for longer.

• Paid Members

It used to be the Destination X thing, didn't it? That's the August impact show? Is it before or after All Out? If it was after Kenny has dropped the belt to Page then I'd be well in favour of Josh Alexander giving the X-Division title up for a tilt at Kenny.

I think it'd be too early for him to be Impact World Champion, but also think he could work a grounded, technical style which would help Kenny if he is working as seriously hurt as the rumours say. 

• Paid Members

To be honest, I'd be happy keeping the title on Omega for as long as possible. I can't cope with the thought of not having Kenny and smarmy git Callis on Impact every week. 

Thought the Frankie Kazarian stuff was great this week too, should be an interesting six man tag next week.

Don't suppose there's any chance of a Bad Influence return anytime soon?...

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

Don't suppose there's any chance of a Bad Influence return anytime soon?...

Mine's an Appletini. 

I'm surprised they didn't bring back the Gauntlet For The Gold at Emergence to determine the number one contender at Bound For Glory, or even *shudder* the Bound For Glory Series. Although if it was two pools of 4 in a round Robin with the winners of each group in the final it could work. You'd only need 3 weeks to get through them. 

Opener was decent. I like Chris Bey. He has some fancy moves. The story with him and Jay White is intriguing. 

Josh Alexander Vs Black Taurus could be good. 

Deonna Purazzo as female belt collector would be cool. She's got the talent as well. 

The eight man tag was fun, but it's weird seeing Austen, Shera, Rohit & Fulton as "currently in the ring" enhancement guys, especially when they seemed to come to the ring between Bahh & No Way and FinJuice's entrance. 

Kenny looks like he's having so much fun on Impact. 

Daniels as the third man next week would be cool. I have a suspicion it isn't though. I wonder whether it'd be Page from the way Sami reacted. 

More Sabin & Moose could be good. 

Decent show. I'll probably watch Homecoming in the morning. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

CRAP FACT: Her partner is Gareth ‘Gaz Top’ Jones.

is Homecoming free after it’s aired live?

If you've got Impact Plus it's included in that. 

• Paid Members

Don’t know about anyone else, but it can’t be a coincidence that the run of four great shows following and including Slammiversary coincides with the return of a pretty hot live crowd.

I enjoyed Homecoming for what it was, exactly what an Impact Plus special should be really and felt like a change of pace from the weekly TV. Yet it still put the right people over.

That said, I don’t think it would have worked half as well in an empty arena, but the live crowd loved it and you can tell the wrestlers fed off that.

It almost had a house show feel, but that’s no bad thing for these quasi PPVs.

I’ve been more critical than anyone of Impact tapings in the past which made it look like the fans were bored shitless and sitting on their hands, but even 180 people in a Nashville studio is like night and day if they’re loud and engaged.

Cracking match between Josh Alexander and Black Taurus btw. 

Edited by garynysmon

4 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Don’t know about anyone else, but it can’t be a coincidence that the run of four great shows following and including Slammiversary coincides with the return of a pretty hot live crowd.

I enjoyed Homecoming for what it was, exactly what an Impact Plus special should be really and felt like a change of pace from the weekly TV. Yet it still put the right people over.

That said, I don’t think it would have worked half as well in an empty arena, but the live crowd loved it and you can tell the wrestlers fed off that.

I’ve been more critical than anyone of Impact tapings in the past which made it look like the fans were bored shitless and sitting on their hands, but even 180 people in a Nashville studio is like night and day if they’re loud and engaged.

For the most part, the only thing I felt was missing over the past year or so from Impact was the fans. They built up a fantastic roster. Their booking was pretty simple and straight forward. Their matches were really great from bottom to top. It just lacked that energy that it really needed to complete the puzzle.

And I think you're right about the performers feeding off that noise and enthusiasm too. I can't imagine how difficult it is going out there and having literally NO idea how your work is being received until it's done. So much of what they all do is based on getting that crowd reaction. They play to it. They can feel the ups and the downs. Having that completely taken away must be a complete mindfuck.

On 8/2/2021 at 9:39 AM, garynysmon said:

Completely agree and i loved the alexander and taurus match, i also thought that the right choice was made for the "homecoming king and queen"

overall an enjoyable and fun show

• Paid Members

Josh Alexander really needs to be pushed to the moon.

But a long run as X Division champion and raising the profile of that title is probably the best for all concerned.

Bet his match against Jake Something at Emergence will be a proper barnstormer.