Saturday is death for TV anyway, right? So it could be something to do with TNT's scheduling as opposed to a call that AEW made themselves. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Saturday is death for TV anyway, right? So it could be something to do with TNT's scheduling as opposed to a call that AEW made themselves. 

Yeah it will usually get bumped on Saturday if there is a live match on Wednesday due to their current rights (I think they have NBA and NHL). It’s one of the reasons for the TBS shift in the future to stop pre-empts. Dynamite Saturday audiences are usually their smallest of the year.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

After AEW announced The First Dance, TNA announced Emergence on the same night, so they obviously don’t mind.

Emergence was a taped show though, and brought forward a few hours so as not to clash with Rampage. Bound for Glory being live is where the issues lie.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Presumably Christian Cage won't be on that episode of Dynamite, it'll have been taped on Wednesday, or they're sticking the belt on somebody else before that?

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Presumably Christian Cage won't be on that episode of Dynamite, it'll have been taped on Wednesday, or they're sticking the belt on somebody else before that?

It’s live the Saturday, that’s the ticket sales announcement 

• Paid Members

So it seems that Impact’s signing Buddy Murphy and Braun Strowman and at least in with a decent chance of grabbing Bray Wyatt.

With Len Asper suggesting a big distribution deal, I have to wonder if there’s a new show in the works and they’re buffing out the roster/star power?

I always find these situations quite funny as while these ex-WWE signings are meant to bring in eyeballs, I’m the total opposite, not being able to recall ever seeing a Buddy Murphy match and only one or two Braun Strowman ones. It was the same with the Drama King, not watching WWE I’d only ever seen pictures of Aidan English previously.

I’ll just assume they’re any good?!

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Buddy Murphy is brilliant, IMO. One of my favourite current wrestlers. Check out this absolute banger he had with Roman Reigns just over 2 years ago if you've got 10 (well, 11 and a bit) minutes:

Edit: have just seen he's made the cardinal mistake of getting the fucking awful Downstait to do him a new entrance theme though, so he's gone down a fair bit in my estimation. Always knew he was a Poundshop Kenny Omega.

Edited by Statto
Downstait are shite.

14 minutes ago, Statto said:

Buddy Murphy is brilliant, IMO. One of my favourite current wrestlers. Check out this absolute banger he had with Roman Reigns just over 2 years ago if you've got 10 (well, 11 and a bit) minutes:

Edit: have just seen he's made the cardinal mistake of getting the fucking awful Downstait to do him a new entrance theme though, so he's gone down a fair bit in my estimation. Always knew he was a Poundshop Kenny Omega.

Murphy references this match in his podcast with Renee, as one of the signs he wasn't getting anywhere. He saw this, rightly, as a showcase performance, but nothing came of it.

As teen am dram shite as his self-produced vignettes are, I akways thought Buddy in-ring was great, from NXT up to the main roster. Yes, he's a definite product of the WWE system, in that super indie "heavy-cruiserweight" style, so there are a lot of the usual kinks I hate (thigh-slapping, unnecessary super kicks, moveset-based psychology, etc), but there's no denying his athleticism, pacing and look are top notch. He was the Bobby Roode of TNA in NXT. If he actually plays up the Aussie ex-con thing and doesn't just turn up wrestling and looking like he always did, albeit for 20 minutes instead of 10 because "he has so much more to give", then he could be a real asset.

Braun is a product of the machine as well, but came in much later than Murphy and got the big WWE push. I could imagine him being like Brock but without the credentials, and I can't see much benefit to the roster or brand having him on board, beyond the initial mild shock. He'll probably be asking for a pretty penny too.

Bray is up in the air. Enough has been said about his ratio of good to bad output. Having been integrated/saddled with spooky bollocks for years, a down-to-earth character out of that mind of his could be intriguing, if only to confirm our hopes or fears.

Impact seems like the best place for them. Get back in the ring, get the rust off, and get some ideas, then go knocking on the other doors.

• Paid Members

I wo der whether they'd go the lazy route and stick Bray with Decay. Strowman coming in as a big monster could undermine W Morrissey coming in doing ostensibly the same thing. Murphy could be good. 

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I wo der whether they'd go the lazy route and stick Bray with Decay. Strowman coming in as a big monster could undermine W Morrissey coming in doing ostensibly the same thing. Murphy could be good. 

Doesn't have to. Best thing to do when you have two monsters is keep them apart as long as possible, destroying everyone else, before hinting at a confrontation, in a battle royale or something, and go for the slow-burn build from there.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

Impact seems like the best place for them. Get back in the ring, get the rust off, and get some ideas, then go knocking on the other doors.

I don’t think it hurts Impact’s prospects in signing, perhaps, a higher tier wrestler than before that they can now offer New Japan and AEW bookings if they gather any momentum or outside interest is shown.

Impact commitments are hardly heavy these days.

• Paid Members

PArdon the double post. Is it just me, or is this week's episode not up on the website yet?