• Paid Members

I was hoping Josh would win the battle Royal and challenge Kenny at Emergence. He's one of the hottest things in the company right now, and it'd be a heck of a match.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I was hoping Josh would win the battle Royal and challenge Kenny at Emergence. He's one of the hottest things in the company right now, and it'd be a heck of a match.

I think its a little soon for that tbh.

• Paid Members

There'd be no harm in having the match, even if Kenny retained it could be a good rub for Josh. 

I didn't get chance to watch all of Homecoming in one go, and now the website isn't letting me watch it back. It's really annoying. 

• Paid Members

This would be just as applicable to the AEW Rampage thread, but seeing that its the Impact World Title…

With a midcard heel, Brian Myers, winning the no.1 contenders battle royal on Impact, all signs point to a Christian Cage win tonight on AEW Rampage.

Does that lead to a Christian v Omega title for title match at All Out? It makes a lot of sense given how things are panning out.

Given Christian’s history in TNA it sounds plausible at least.

36 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

This would be just as applicable to the AEW Rampage thread, but seeing that its the Impact World Title…

With a midcard heel, Brian Myers, winning the no.1 contenders battle royal on Impact, all signs point to a Christian Cage win tonight on AEW Rampage.

Does that lead to a Christian v Omega title for title match at All Out? It makes a lot of sense given how things are panning out.

Given Christian’s history in TNA it sounds plausible at least.

Going to be honest if a current member of the impact roster doesn't win it back then I think it is a bit shitty. If Josh Alexander or Moose (the only 2 real possibilities) wins it off a heel AEW wrestler then the crowd would eat that up. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, westlondonmist said:

Going to be honest if a current member of the impact roster doesn't win it back then I think it is a bit shitty. If Josh Alexander or Moose (the only 2 real possibilities) wins it off a heel AEW wrestler then the crowd would eat that up. 

If its title for title at All Out, can see Omega winning it back. It buys some time until Hangman Page’s return.

• Paid Members

Impact has taken a nose dive for me since the AEW involvement. Impact was having belting episodes week in, week out before they decided to mainly focus on other companies 'guys'. Other than Alexander, who has been elevated in the last 6 month?

Moose was red hot, then fizzled out. Now we are left with Brian fucking Myers as number 1 contender. The shittest one from the Major Brothers. 

Don't get me wrong, impact will be getting a hell of a lot of upside from the deal, but for me, it's killing my investment in the show. 

• Paid Members

The most professional wrestler vs Out. Work. Everyone. What a scintillating Emergence main event that would be. It wouldn't surprise me if they did the title change either. He and Matt Cardona can feud over it forever.

It does make me wonder what they'd be planning at Bound For Glory, plus playing hot potato with the title to try and justify a PPV main event cheapens the moment when somebody from Impact does finally "bring it home."

• Paid Members

I still feel that Christian is dropping it back to Omega at All Out tbh. Christian was obviously booked to win a while back, otherwise Brian Myers wouldn't have won that battle royal.

The Omega/Josh Alexander tease took place at the same set of tapings.

27 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Back to shorter taping blocks now, so just 3 episodes of TV and the Impact Plus special in this cycle.

On the major podcast they said three days, with two tapings a day 

• Paid Members

How much of this week's impact was just them promoting other companies' shows? JR had a point during the Omega/Cage package when he said "whatever happens it's staying on an AEW guy" the prospect of Christian Cage Vs Brian Myers for the Impact Title is less than thrilling and I really can't see Myers having a chance unless the Elite are going to get involved and cost Cage ahead of the match at All Out? If they were going to stick the belt on anybody they can do heaps better than Brian. Maybe it's still not time, or Cage is going to be hanging around on Impact for a while. 

The Chris Bey Bullet Club stuff is good, but will it carry on now that Resurgence is over with? Does Jay White just drop off of TV now that they don't have a New Japan show to build to? 

I have a feeling Deonna Purazzo is going to have her work cut out trying to get a decent performance out of Milena, and couldn't be less arsed about watching her labouring her way to an emphatic win over some enhancement talent next week. 

The Su Yung/Kimber Lee/Kiera Hogan thing is interesting. I wonder whether we're getting zombie Kiera & Kimber with Su as manager Vs Steels and Evans at Emergence. It'd fill some time on the card. 

Josh Alexander Vs Jake Something will be an interesting match given that Josh won't be able to do some of his more power based stuff, although it'd look mighty impressive if he does get Jake up for a C4 Explosion. I wouldn't rule out him losing the title and going after the big belt. See whether Cage can Out. Work. Him. 

Myers Vs Rohit (not that one) could be an interesting distraction. The show feels like it's lost its way a bit since the live crowd came back and they've been promoting other shows. Hopefully once they're out of the way they can get back on track. The matches are still good, but it just feels diluted.