• Paid Members

I find it hard to imagine that we won't see Kenny Omega again in Impact.

Considering how long term they're booking this, it would have made the Josh Alexander interaction a few weeks a go a total waste of time if it didn't lead to something eventually. In WWE where they book everything on the fly, you wouldn't expect less, but here?

I must say though, the sight of Christian Cage on Impact this week will be pretty cool.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Considering how isolated TNA/Impact was for years, how mad was it to see AEW, AAA and NJPW footage blended into this week's show?! 

I get the criticism of promoting other companies' shows, but at least it feels that Impact has a place on the wrestling prism. Can't imagine it hurts in attracting talent to sign when there's always that chance of more outside bookings.

I think in the long run it should help live event attendance and other metrics, even if TV ratings are pretty stagnant (at best).

Loved the big hoss bastards main event this week. Give me more Joe Doering.

Edited by garynysmon

I think Impact were in a position where they had nothing to lose from working with AEW and NJPW really. They had a quality product and were delivering on a regular basis but no one was really watching it.

My only concern is ever that these crossovers happen, a company forgets to put over their own talent too, and once the imports are done you're left with a shell of a company with no one that's over at all. Ring of Honor really suffered at one point.

Thankfully it seems like everyone's working pretty well together at the moment and I don't think anyone has really suffered from the working relationship. You just have to hope that some of the 'new' eyes on the product want to stick around.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I think Impact were in a position where they had nothing to lose from working with AEW and NJPW really. They had a quality product and were delivering on a regular basis but no one was really watching it.

My only concern is ever that these crossovers happen, a company forgets to put over their own talent too, and once the imports are done you're left with a shell of a company with no one that's over at all. Ring of Honor really suffered at one point.

That's most definitely a concern. The main saving grace I suppose is that the outside talent is usually limited to a run of few shows (i.e one taping block) and no more than one or two at a time (albeit one of them being the world champion...)

When you fall into the ROH trap of basically all your top guys being (in their case) New Japan talent, then you have major problems on your hands and are asking for trouble. At least the challengers are usually Impact guys.

(It would also be amiss of me not to mention how smoking hot Melina looked!)

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

It will get buried due to the weekend's other goings on, but you can do much worse than finding the time to watch Josh Alexander v Jake Something from last night's Emergence show.

Brilliant match.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

I'm convinced that Christian Cage is here to pass the belt onto Josh Alexander at some time in the future. Do they still have the Destination X cash in clause for the X title? 

• Paid Members
On 8/21/2021 at 10:12 AM, garynysmon said:

It will get buried due to the weekend's other goings on, but you can do much worse than finding the time to watch Josh Alexander v Jake Something from last night's Emergence show.

Brilliant match.

I think he's had the match of the night the last few shows he's been on with the X Division title on the line. They could do a lot worse than giving him a nice long run with the X Division title, but I really wouldn't mind if they took it off him and put the big belt on him anytime soon. 

• Paid Members

Probably.

They could start earlier and finish for 8pm (or start later or whatever) but Jericho's B.O filled Cruise is also happening the same time. 

Seeing that AEW talent has already been mooted for BFG, surely that would be spreading it too thinly from AEW's pov if they're taping Dark as well?

Bit annoying tbh as I enjoy Impact's Saturday night PPVs/special shows.

Edited by garynysmon

Jericho cruise was meant to get a live dynamite this time. Roster is big enough that they could send some stars on that and film for the YouTube shows , and have enough left for tv