Impact is a much better alternative option for people these days. To be fair they managed to attract a lot of talent in the shit years but now they're actually a really solid company who have a proven track record of allowing reinvention and tapping into the positives in their roster. Sure they're not succeeding on an AEW level but they've pulled together a great product for the past couple of years, and I think wrestlers can look at the company in a few more positive light now. Far less OTT old school 'name' bullshit taking over.

Impact gets you on tv, and work 4 straight days a month with one lot of travel. Then can go clean up rest of the month on the indies. If you are a mid range wwe sacking with a gimmick name to your and do the signing and in ring photo market, it’s a good first year place to go clear up while being out of sight 

• Paid Members

That Josh Alexander video package on this week's Impact is brilliant. I wanted to watch BFG, but Mrs Jazzy hasn't been well the last few days so I may have to try and catch it up today somehow. 

So, Bound for Glory.

Spoiler

The fucking Demon! 

2021 is an all time classic year for wrestling, and the #1 promotion in the world has nothing to do with it. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

3 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

So, Bound for Glory.

Reveal hidden contents

The fucking Demon! 

2021 is an all time classic year for wrestling, and the #1 promotion in the world has nothing to do with it. 

Spoiler

I don't watch Impact and you had me checking to find out how the fuck Finn Balor turned up at BFG.

• Paid Members

It felt like their Wrestlemania, which is fitting because it is. Plenty of stuff set up for the year to come, things wrapped up after a time.It'll be interesting to seehow things look going forward.

• Moderators

What a fucking show 

Spoiler

Josh Alexander losing after protecting his family from Moose who's always not been afraid to lay out women and children. What an angle.

Alexanders redemption will be awesome. 

Best wrestling company in the world. 

Honestly, I hated the end of the ppv

I'm just bored of the "cashing in briefcases to win titles" booking trope. It jumped the shark when Rollins cashed in at WrestleMania 31. There hasn't been anything that has been remotely as good as that. It's a lazy booking go to and for all the progress the company have made on the last two years, it was completely obliterated by that ending of the PPV.

P.S Those looking forward to Alexander getting his revenge might be not get what they want considering Alexander's contract runs out in February 2022.

Edited by Tsurutagun

• Paid Members

Nah, I totally see what they did here. Moose had come off the boil and almost slipped back into the shuffle after his loss to Omega and this puts him right back at the top of the pack as a top heel. Add in the potential alliance with W Morrissey and he can have a decent run on top while Josh has to battle his way back. There's plenty of time to negotiate a new contract with Josh Alexander. He's over like rover there, and people are obviously willing to accept him as the top guy there. Unless Tony Khan goes full on stockpiling Vince McMahon an decides he wants to hobble all the other promotions with big money contracts I can't see him wanting to leave. 

• Paid Members

It seems to have split opinion, but Moose as a heel champ and being chased by Josh Alexander? Yes please!

In the build-up to BFG Christian went on about Alexander being too emotional (and he walked out during an in-ring promo etc). Bringing his family into the ring and being distracted etc, just furthered it all. This is long term storytelling.

Josh Alexander has gone on record as being happy to stay at Impact, being thankful for being given a chance etc. A nice new contract and a big payrise awaits in the new year I suspect. He has loads still to do in Impact, he's far from done all he can there.

Can't say I'm too arsed about Braun Strowman not showing up. What would he do there really? The main event picture is pretty much tied-up for six months at least.

Mickie James will clearly drop the title back to Purazzo at some point. But fuck it, great to see her have another title run and she seems to be genuinely enjoying herself.

Can't say I believe the rumours of the AEW/Impact partnership stopping overnight. Clearly it will evolve over time, but there's been nothing to suggest any falling out or anything. Why shut the door? There are some cracking women's matches just waiting to be held.

Far from being the climax, the pay per view has set up an intriguing few weeks and months of TV.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Strowman and Bray etc won't have turned up as their no compete isn't up yet. I think it ends this week, but I don't know whether that means they can be involved in the taping that went on yesterday and today. 

Josh chasing Moose could be brilliant. There'll be all kinds of potential roadblocks as well. Another go round with Ace Austin & Fulton, W Morrissey, Strowman, Wyatt, plenty of stuff to keep him busy/away from the title picture until he can get back into the hunt. Heck even just have him fall short in the rematch and have to work his way back. Let him go from number 1 and win next year's Gauntlet and call his shot on the following impact. There are options. I wonder whether they'll go with a Moose/Christian match as well.