• Paid Members

They couldn't get him right when he was there, and definitely wouldn't be able to get him right if he went back. He has been impressive though. I like his character, especially at the start of his run when he was talking about his mental health and fake friends. 

I can't help but feel like for all their efforts to make him feel like a main event player Matt Cardona is only in the title match at Hard To Kill to take the pinfall and protect W Morrissey.

Josh is going to have to go through him on his way to getting his hands on Moose and hopefully winning the title back as well, and that could be a very interesting match. 

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

They couldn't get him right when he was there, and definitely wouldn't be able to get him right if he went back.

I mean, to be fair to WWE, Big Cass was Daniel Bryans first feud when he came out of retirement and everyone shit all over it. Big Cass was always the Marty Janetty of the team with Enzo and other than being tall, didn't really have anything about him. It looks like hes gotten his shit together after his personal issues and gotten in shape which is a huge well done to him and seems to be exactly what was needed. 

• Paid Members
On 12/14/2021 at 9:03 AM, Nick James said:

Big Cass was always the Marty Janetty of the team with Enzo 

In terms of a gulf in relative value or future potential between the two, I think they were less “Shawn and Marty” and more “Beau and Blake” to be honest.

• Paid Members

Presumably now that Cardona is a death match king he's learned how to do chairshots that look vicious but are actually safe as houses. 

• Paid Members

He is, but I still think the only reason he's in that match is to take the fall so they can protect W Morrissey. 

• Paid Members

Throwback Throwdown was fun. You could tell everybody was having a whale of a time with their 80s characters. Gia Miller put in a good turn in the ring, but it just felt like Matthews & Striker were trying to be a bit too clever on commentary sometimes. A few of the gags landed and got a giggle out of me, but some of it just felt really hackneyed. Crazzy Steve was good as the backstage interviewer as well. 

• Paid Members

Striker keep saying "oh, [thing that is commonplace nowadays] will never get over" in whatever the heck accent he was trying to do got really old really fast. It was almost funny when Josh broke character and called him "Matt", but I much preferred Callis as Sexton Hardcastle on the original one. Also, both of them sitting their scrolling through their mobiles at the end of the pre-show was dreadful. 

I do like how most of them worked a style reminiscent of how wrestling  looked back then. It was a bit awkward seeing Bullet Club and AEW shirts in the crowd as well, but this also happened at the first throwback throwdown.