• Moderators

Also it's a shame Swingers Palace is ending when they go to Vegas. After the Edwards and Callihan tag team match I assume it's a full ending. 

Moose should have been the big babyface, they've cooled him down, and now he's in with NJPW I'd not be surprised to see him in AEW. But it's worked out better in a way. As Josh Alexander. 

• Paid Members

It's being reported that Christopher Daniels was at the latest round of Impact tapings. I wonder whether he's going into the hall of fame at Bound For Glory. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Moose should have been the big babyface, they've cooled him down, and now he's in with NJPW I'd not be surprised to see him in AEW. But it's worked out better in a way. As Josh Alexander. 

He's just signed a 2 year contract so I assume Moose will be heated back up soon.

13 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Josh fucking Alexander! 

Surely the best wrestler in the world of 2021. Ethan Page going has done him such a service. I'm amazed by how good he's been. 

Exactly this, when page left it showed what an amazing wrestler that Alexander can be as a singles and be pushed to the moon, fair play I'm looking forward to seeing bound for glory and how Alexander does 

• Paid Members

I wonder whether they're going to pull the trigger and stick the belt on him. If he loses the only thing I can think of is that he'd end up chasing the X-Division champion. He's arguably the best thing they have there, and they could do a lot worse than to have him as their top guy, taking on all comers. 

On 9/21/2021 at 7:59 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

He's absolutely going to be their top guy.

Caught up last night I 1000% agree 

Also when watching I saw tenille and Madison calling themselves the influence, am I wrong in thinking that's what Billie Kay and Peyton Royce are going to be called? Just wondering if it was a subtle hint that they may he arriving here

• Paid Members

I thought they would have been coming in to team with Tenille. The three of them using the Freebird rule with the knockout tag titles. 

Apparently they call themselves iinspiration now. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I'm up to date with episodes of Impact but haven't watched Knockouts Knockdown yet. The build for Josh Alexander Vs Christian Cage has been interesting, especially with Ace Austin, Madman Fulton and Christopher Daniels thrown into the mix. Daniels would be a decent first feud for Josh as champion, but could also be interesting in a program with Christian. I wonder whether Kazarian will pop through the hidden door so we can have a Bad Influence Réunion and a match against the Good Brothers, or even just a sly wink and a look to camera in Swinger's Palace. 

Some of the stuff at Knockout Knockdown looks interesting, but I still feel a bit weird that they're paying tribute to Daphne after the way she was treated when she was there. I know it was TNA and things have changed a lot, but it's still odd. That Monster's Ball could be quite the spectacle. I'll probably watch the whole thing this afternoon. 

Nice to see Zicky Dice getting a run out. Hopefully he breaks free from being one of Myers's goons and gets to do some stuff for himself. He could be good to pop into the X Division title mix now and again. 

The stuff with Heath, Rhino and VBD has some intrigue. I know it feels like it's building to a Rhino/Heath reunion, but I'd be interested to see where it could go if Rhino decides he's going to stick with Eric Young and VBD. On the other hand, Rhino & Heath is another team that can challenge for the tag titles. 

The digital media title could be an interesting one, but I don't think they need another title. Having said that if it gets eyes on their YouTube stuff and can get a few more people on their roster some more exposure it has potential to be a good thing. 

It's still a consistently good show. 

• Paid Members

I want to see him wrestle Josh. I have a feeling he'd maybe have a match against Joe Doering like Kojima did when he was around. 

How good was that rolling Fisherman's Suplex Sabin hit on Chris Bey? 

Sabin to go the distance in the Gauntlet at BFG? 

• Paid Members

What's interesting in Impact is that the company will see out the year with a much better roster than it started it off with, and most certainly an improvement on that at the start of the pandemic. Compare that to the period from 2014-2018 when star power just got weaker and weaker.

No big stars have left other than Taya Valkyrie, and in reality she'd had a good run and done about all she was going to.

They've even managed to keep some of their biggest starts to new contracts, which never used to happen.

It seems to me that someone at Anthem has decided to open the purse strings a little, which is good given they've managed to ride the 2019/20 storm of WWE hoaring talent and AEW signing everyone under the sun.

Edited by garynysmon

Impact can be a smart move for a lot of the WWE departures that have to reinvent themselves in the public eye. Since we're still referring to them by their WWE names they won't be using.

From a fan point of view you will soon find out who actually wants to be in the wrestling business, and who's just picking up a pay cheque.