• Paid Members

I must say, the Bound for Glory series is probably my favourite innovation in modern Wrestling. It's quite refreshing in a way to just a scenario where wins and losses actually mean something, where storylines aren't necessarily needed between each participant.

I see Magnus winning this one, he's got all the momentum behind him and reminds me a bit of Bobby Roode's run a few years back. Now's the time if they're going to do it.

• Paid Members

He's totally WWE bound isn't he? He's 26, can talk, carries himself so well and looks exactly like someone WWE puts feelers out for. Once his contract is up, they must be signing him. I think he'd be a star in the WWE. Imagine what he'd be like after a stint in developmental?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

He's good, but something doesn't click for me with him just yet. I think it's his posh accent putting me off a bit. Like Butch says, his music is crap too and I don't like that whole Mighty Mouse looking logo he has plastered over his tights, t-shirt and entrance video. He's sound enough, but not exciting in the ring either. It's all fixable stuff though, I'd love to see him in WWE.

• Paid Members

This is probably a bad time to say I quite like his theme music :confused:

Imagine what he'd be like after a stint in developmental?

I realise the WWE has it's own 'style' but i've always thought of it as a bit offensive that anyone new has to be shoved into developmental. It's not like Magnus can't wrestle and isn't already appearing on worldwide tv already is it? I'd personally like him to stay in TNA, not arsed about WWE these days.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
I realise the WWE has it's own 'style' but i've always thought of it as a bit offensive that anyone new has to be shoved into developmental. It's not like Magnus can't wrestle and isn't already appearing on worldwide tv already is it?

That is EXACTLY what developmental is for in cases like this. It has its own style. That's where it serves its purpose. It helps bridge the gap between the two companies, develop a character and give everyone an idea of what to do with that guy.

Daniel Bryan volunteered for developmental before he got on TV as he felt it would help him to bridge the gap between the work he had been doing and the work he was about to do.

Developemental is exactly like training for any other job. It doesn't matter how many years you have done something for, when you start in a new place you want to be shown how things are done rather than thrown in the deep end. It also gives them something to do while WWE figure out the best time to debut them and how to use them.

It's not the Monday Night Wars any more, people don't need to be thrown on TV as soon as they are signed from another promotion

You're right of course. But can't help feeling it isn't really helping the 'cookie cutter' image when too many wrestlers look, talk and even wrestle the same.

I think the 'cookie cutter' thing is a bit outdated now. The likes of bland as can be 2008 Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes have been swapped for the likes of The Shield, The Wyatt Family and Fandango.

Edited by thesimonbegz

That is EXACTLY what developmental is for in cases like this. It has its own style. That's where it serves its purpose. It helps bridge the gap between the two companies, develop a character and give everyone an idea of what to do with that guy.

Daniel Bryan volunteered for developmental before he got on TV as he felt it would help him to bridge the gap between the work he had been doing and the work he was about to do.

Sin Cara didn't stpend much/any time in development did he? He's a good example of what happens when you don't if that's the case. He has some of the transferable skills, he's a good sympathetic blue eyes, but didn't/doesn't know how to utilize those in the WWE.

Plus different rings, different camera set ups, etc. Its not entirely about getting peopel to wrestle a similar style but introducing them to the biggest set up they're ever going to work in.

While Magnus has the worst music in wrestling history, I really can't get behind him. Which is a shame, as he rules in everyway but that bloody entrance theme.

Not true.

Matt Morgan has the worst music in wrestling history.

I think the current method of putting people into development/NXT and then jumping them into the mid/uppercard when there's a spot, is better than throwing them in at the deep end.

While Magnus has the worst music in wrestling history, I really can't get behind him. Which is a shame, as he rules in everyway but that bloody entrance theme.

Not true.

You are both wrong. Chavo Guerrero has the worst music in wrestling history, by far.

• Paid Members

Sin Cara didn't stpend much/any time in development did he? He's a good example of what happens when you don't if that's the case. He has some of the transferable skills, he's a good sympathetic blue eyes, but didn't/doesn't know how to utilize those in the WWE.

I don't think he did ANY time in developmental, did he? Clearly it was a huge mistake. We obviously don't know if he would have been better if he had but the sloppiness of his matches certainly suggest he would have benefited from it.

There are so many reasons why a guy or girl should go into developmental and I reckon it could even be as simple as getting used to a different ring and ropes, especially if you're a high-flyer like Sin Cara.

I don't know Magnus at all. But I think it would be barmy to just sling him on to TV with no developmental work unless he's some absolute gem that TNA have got hidden away down there. They're just completely different companies.

Not true.

You are both wrong. Chavo Guerrero has the worst music in wrestling history, by far.

Your wrong too. Ted Dibiase Jr trumps even Chavo's rubbish TNA theme.

• Paid Members

Aye, Triple H is now in charge of developmental and is doing everything he can to make it the best it can be. They're opening a supposed "World class" facility soon which the company hope will persuade top athletes to give wrestling a try (similar to how Rangers went about signing good players by showing them Murray Park). They are also trying to turn the NXT brand into a 'cool' ECW/ROH-type group, with all the top indy talent signed up and giving them a bit of buzz before joining the main roster, similar to the likes of Punk/Bryan pre-WWE, and it's clearly worked with the Wyatt Family.

With Triple H, there is now a solid connection between creative and developmental, which was never really there before. I'd also argue talent have a greater chance of succeeding going from developmental to the main roster, as it gives WWE a chance to come up with ideas based on your ability.