Taz's contract is up in a few weeks. His last scheduled dates are for the Las Vegas (speak of the devil) shows. A lot of people saying he could be on his way back to WWE and everyone wants that WrestleMania 30 payday next year. Interesting to see what happens there. WWE want a commentator and TNA cant afford to pay anyone. He could possibly be gone in a few weeks.

The Vegas taping is this Saturday so he could be done as soon as this weekend. If he is leaving that is.

Tattoos, if 1% check them out, how many do you think would be wrestling fans? Non fans do not care about wrestling. Now of that broken down 1%, what percentage of that are already aware of TNA and choose not to watch? Then what are the odds of TNA appealing to them in such a way that they continue to watch? What will they suddenly start doing considering the promotion has had far hotter periods?

And Brad Pitt, or any other star on that level is not going to sit through a wrestling show any time soon.

The 1% was a hyperthetical amount of people out of ten million. They might have at some point liked wrestling and would be willing to try it again or try something new they hadn't heard of if it was recommended to them by someone they look up to. 1% of ten million people is a pretty reasonable figure for me to pluck out of thin air. It wouldn't make much difference to WWE because they are already so established, but TNA it could really make a difference.

I do hope Taz fucks off. I did enjoy Striker's ECW work when he probably had a lot more free reign over what he said, but when he got put on the real shows they seemed to try and make him something he wasn't and it wasnt very good. Left to his own devices again he would probably be a lot more enjoyable.

Are bridges burned between Desmond Wolf and TNA? I assume they are but if not i wouldn't mind him

Edited by Tattoos are gay

Tattoos, if 1% check them out, how many do you think would be wrestling fans? Non fans do not care about wrestling. Now of that broken down 1%, what percentage of that are already aware of TNA and choose not to watch? Then what are the odds of TNA appealing to them in such a way that they continue to watch? What will they suddenly start doing considering the promotion has had far hotter periods?

And Brad Pitt, or any other star on that level is not going to sit through a wrestling show any time soon.

Surely the whole idea is to turn non-fans into new fans by drawing their attention to the product? If we take the attitude that "non-fans don't care" we might as well give wrestling up for dead. Celebrity endorsement and tie-ins with other media certainly did the WWF no harm in establishing its brand in the 1980s, or reshaping it in the 1990s. In fact I'd say it was crucial. I don't think filming in Las Vegas or Hollywood or wherever else a fix-all answer to TNA's problems, but it certainly wouldn't be the worst idea in terms of networking and raising brand awareness in the mainstream media. Brad Pitt probably isn't going to turn up at a TNA show just because it's filmed in his 'hometown', but any stars etc. with a passing interest in wrestling would be a lot more likely to check it out, and would be easier to reach out to for endorsement and involvement with the product if it were geographically convenient for them. TNA's biggest problem has always been building brand awareness. Locating themselves geographically somewhere at the heart of the mainstream media couldn't hurt.

If we take the attitude that "non-fans don't care" we might as well give wrestling up for dead. Celebrity endorsement and tie-ins with other media certainly did the WWF no harm in establishing its brand in the 1980s, or reshaping it in the 1990s.

But there is a big difference between Piper and Hogan appearing on MTV with current mainstream stars in carefully planned and strategically thought out spots than the off chance that Larry the Cable Guy may Tweet about TNA because they are running shows in LA. There is a big difference between "doing no harm" and something you should base a business around, which as you mention...

Locating themselves geographically somewhere at the heart of the mainstream media couldn't hurt.

Yes it could. Have you ever been to LA? I have and of course you have the super nice bits you see on TV, but then there are the huge shit hole pockets and slums. A lot of LA is really run down and made up of low income areas. Very far removed from somewhere I'd want to set up a wrestling show - something which LA / Hollywood look down upon as being lame and silly, and likely always will. I don't think shoving James Storm and Gunner in peoples faces is going to change that and the high costs of setting up home in a nice part of LA would do them no favours.

Stop changing the point of what is being said so you don't have to avoid being wrong.

No one is comparing tweets to MTV appearances. Thye are entirely different levels of exposure, but what would be a relatively small boost for WWE would be a big one for TNA. Common sense that advertising will help any small business. Twitter is advertising and TNA is a small business in the wrestling world.

Based on some half-arsed googling, there are, oddly enough, exactly fifty people on Twitter with ten million or more followers. Of those, I think five (Obama, Kim Kardashian, Ashton Kutcher, Pitbull, Snoop Dogg) have done stuff for WWE, and no doubt plugged their appearances (well, Obama might not have). Jim Carrey has more than ten mil too, but he might not count. And Charlie Sheen nearly has ten million. I don't know if any of those did anything great for WWE -- TNA is of course in a different boat, but TNA being in that different boat makes it a much less attractive place to plug your election/movie/album/whatever. Most celebrities see WWE as beneath them, only stooping to associate with it because of its massive ratings. Having a genuine massive celebrity as a social media ambassador is all well and good, but getting there isn't easy or cheap. How do you persuade Justin Bieber, Cristiano Ronaldo or Alicia Keys to start tweeting about the Home Bargain version of WWE?

Hulk Hogan has about 600000 followers. 1% of them do buy the pay-per-views.

Edited by King Pitcos

I'm not changing any point :rolleyes: . He said in reference to why he thinks celebrity Tweets would be a good idea:

Celebrity endorsement and tie-ins with other media certainly did the WWF no harm in establishing its brand in the 1980s

So yeah, you saying:

No one is comparing tweets to MTV appearances

Is nonsense. Just like you thinking some big star endorsing what you even just called "a small business in the wrestling world" is nonsense. Why are you so adamant in longing out this shit conversation?

Really liked impact this week.

Solid from top to bottom

Yeah pretty pointless discussing hyperthetical situations when impact was so good. The show long X Division story was amazing, one of my favourites in wrestling for quite a while. Everything about it was just perfect. Still a few more bits from the rest of the show I need to catch but I really enjoyed what I saw

• Paid Members

Tats are gay, forgive me for this, but you keep using the word: it's spelled hypothetical. As in hypothesis. Don't mean that as a wind up, genuinely trying to be helpful.

Onto the point, I wouldn't hang too much on the old twitter idea if I were you, social media has proven in the past to accomplish sod all in tna. It wouldn't be a bad thing to be in LA though, I suspect, it may achieve some minor buzz.

Really liked impact this week.

Solid from top to bottom

In the last 12 months the majority of the shows have been very enjoyable to watch. They have the odd week where nothing seems to happen but at the moment it's on top form. The whole Bound For Glory series is just great, I find it difficult to watch a wrestling match which wont exist in the history books once is over but with this they are fighting for points. I can engage myself and be emotionally attached to the match. It's one of the best feelings to have as a fan really.