• Paid Members
A lot of contracts coming up in the next 1-6 months. TNA might be better off just letter some of the bigger names go and try and rebuild with what they have and a couple new names. Sting and Hogan would take a load off the wage bill. I'd also get rid of Taz and bring in Ron Hed from OVW. He's great. Or just stick Borash on the headset. JB is the only bloke I've seen in TNA that had chemistry with Tenay.

I'm inclined to agree, and it's fair to say Sting's achieved all he can in TNA. I would keep hold of Hogan though. He's brilliant for publicity and stuff, the only real household name in wrestling.

Whats the point in having Hogan to promote TNA when his wages are one of the factors preventing bringing in anyone new worth promoting? Sting and Hogan are great and they have a place on a balanced roster. TNA just dont have a balanced roster to make them worth it. Considering the amount they can do on a performance level the salaries just dont add up to being worth it.

Plus they wont be around forever, TNA would save face letting Hogan go rather than having him leave for a Wrestlemania 30 payday

• Paid Members
Whats the point in having Hogan to promote TNA when his wages are one of the factors preventing bringing in anyone new worth promoting?

Plus they wont be around forever, TNA would save face letting Hogan go rather than having him leave for a Wrestlemania 30 payday

Like people have been saying for the last 11 years.

Hogan is the only person who can promote them on a decent platform. Do you see Samoa Joe popping up on Loose Women and getting Jane McDonald's knickers wet?

• Paid Members

I'm with Maxwell here. The UK tour didn't do as well the last two years as it did in previous years with Hogan promoting it. With TNA, its at a level where people are either going to go or they aren't if they know about it. Adverts in newspapers and commercials on Challenge will sell you more tickets than Hogan will in TNA. Especially when Hogan mostly talks about himself on there. And maybe with Hogan and Sting off the wage bill, you'd get more money to advertise the house shows and the TV tapings. There was a thing a few weeks back where Hogan was doing press all day in his home town, and the building was half empty. Its all well and good the wrestlers promoting it, but whats the point if TNA's advertising and marketing department dont get the word out to people who arent happening to be sitting down watching a talk show with Hulk Hogan on it at 3 in the afternoon.

Its different in WWE, because if you have a Hogan or an RVD or someone like that you can use your own TV to hype their appearances and make them special, because their TV is so strong and their audience is so loyal when it comes to spending money. Or you can have anyone from John Cena and CM Punk to the New Age Outlaws and Zack Ryder do something locally and they are over to a degree where people know they were wrestlers. With TNA, its pretty much the same people watching every week anyway, whether Hogan is there or not and nobody spends a penny on it. The house shows, PPV business and merch is pretty much non-existent at the minute. TNA is a TV show.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Do you see Samoa Joe popping up on Loose Women and getting Jane McDonald's knickers wet?

Yeah. She'd probably think - 'Bloody hell, Alexei Sayle is a wrestler now?' - and she'd piss herself.

I'm not up on TNA's finances, but if it means Hogan and Sting are at WrestleMania next year, I hope TNA let them go.

• Paid Members

Madison is pregnant, though. So she's no use to them. Which sounds harsh, but that's how it goes. And Sam Shaw should never have been hired in the first place. I doubt this is the last either. Alvarez said there was a lot of changes coming in TNA in the other week. With the current releases, Doug Williams being let go and the Sting and Tazz rumours doing the rounds it looks like it'll be an interesting few weeks.

EDIT: Weirdly enough, I was thinking Crimson was going to be released as I was typing this post. Also had Rob Terry in mind.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay