• Paid Members

That was the idea with the Impact Zone being in Orlando wasn't it?

Mind you, if they can persuade the MGM Grand in Vegas, or whatever, to pay them as sort of a short-term residency then i'm sure it would be worth a shot.

It does feel like a step backwards though.

It probably was, but there were too many locals going who would ruin the show. Somewhere like Vegas would just have a much better atomosphere in my opinion. It's a step backwards from going on the road, but a step forward from the previous venue.

• Paid Members

Raven tried to get them to tape exclusively in the Universal in LA, because you could get celebrities going to the shows and TNA would be apart of the LA scene and word of mouth would spread about little Hollywood cliques. You could have even got one of the wrestlers to get a shag off Lindsay Lohan or something. Get them in the news a bit. Universal Studios in Florida didn't have half the appeal as the one in California does.

"TMZ reports Lance Hoyt is shagging Miley Cyrus".

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

If this move to taking Impact on the road is killing them, they need to change up.

They're already doing 2 tapings per venue, so I guess smaller venues? If they are getting 2 to 4 thousand I think that's respectable, but not if you're hiring arenas that should seat 15 thou.

They shouldn't go back to a single venue though, that was really hurting the product. Half the fans are casuals and don't know who your stars are, the other half are morons who go into business for themselves.

TNA's brought in Big from Tough Enough as a producer.

big2.jpg

The band is back together. Sahadi, Big, Lagana and Prichard. TNA's backstage staff is now Dixie Carter and the WWE's 2002/2003 staff.

Sounds like a good pick-up for them and it makes perfect sense too. It's like any other industry really. When you have a job opening for an important position you want to hire someone with a proven track record and experience at the job you're hiring him for [in this case a wrestling television producer]. Unfortunately, these days there's only two major wrestling companies in the States and therefore the only way TNA can hire an experienced person like that is by hiring an ex-WWE employee.

Raven had a good idea. Presentation is reality. If they are presented as cool and trendy that is what they would become. A few genuine stars tweeting about enjoying TNA now would do wonders for them.

It really wouldn't. Let's face it, A-listers aren't about to start going to wrestling shows because it's in their home town. Just because something is in a cool place doesn't make it cool. There is as much chance as spotting Brad Pitt sitting in front of a James Storm match as there is of me filling Adam Yauch's position in the Beastie Boys. Perhaps you could get the Situation or the Hoff or somebody else equally as shit to do fill a seat, but again, that would do fuck all to anybody.

And the world doesn't live and die by Twitter. Somebody tweeting about wrestling - to ten million people who couldn't give a shit about wrestling - isn't going to do a thing.

Raven had a good idea. Presentation is reality. If they are presented as cool and trendy that is what they would become. A few genuine stars tweeting about enjoying TNA now would do wonders for them.

It really wouldn't. Let's face it, A-listers aren't about to start going to wrestling shows because it's in their home town. Just because something is in a cool place doesn't make it cool. There is as much chance as spotting Brad Pitt sitting in front of a James Storm match as there is of me filling Adam Yauch's position in the Beastie Boys. Perhaps you could get the Situation or the Hoff or somebody else equally as shit to do fill a seat, but again, that would do fuck all to anybody.

And the world doesn't live and die by Twitter. Somebody tweeting about wrestling - to ten million people who couldn't give a shit about wrestling - isn't going to do a thing.

You are over simplifying that quite a bit, but in the right area things could be done to bring in a better crowd. As for getting a Brad Pitt in the crowd it's hardly impossible to achieve, but the theory is impossible to prove wrong without a company directly targeting that audience and making attempts towards getting them through the door. So it's pointless to argue that point because until a promotion tries we will never know.

As for the Twitter thing you are dead wrong. I don't have it or care for it but when TNA draws a million viewers an episode, if some one with ten million followers was to endorse them that could be a huge boost. If only 1% of the Twitter followers decided to have a look based off that TNA's viewers would increase by 10% It would then be up to TNA to make that 10% stick around. One of their main problems at the moment is not enough casual viewers even see them as an alternative.

(Excuse me if I fucked the maths on that one but I am pretty sleep deprived. Either way it would still be a boost for TNA)

• Paid Members

Taz's contract is up in a few weeks. His last scheduled dates are for the Las Vegas (speak of the devil) shows. A lot of people saying he could be on his way back to WWE and everyone wants that WrestleMania 30 payday next year. Interesting to see what happens there. WWE want a commentator and TNA cant afford to pay anyone. He could possibly be gone in a few weeks.

Get Todd back on the phone.

Taz's contract is apparently expiring after this set of tapings. Could open the door for Matt Striker?

Great minds. Swapping Taz for Matt Striker would be like putting your cock in salt and vinegar after you've just had it sliced open with razor blades.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay